I have a 30-page report due on Beijing

Captain Awesome Pants

Well, it's actually supposed to be only 22-pages, but if you have enough information, it cna end up 30 pages. So, who knows who founded Beijing? Anyone?

By the time I'm done with this, I'm gonna be bald from pulling at my hair.

Oh and did I mention it's due in two days, no excuses. If you're sick, you ahve to turn it in anyway.

-headdesk times a kajillion- :axehead:

Discuss:

-papers

-Beijing

-School

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o_O 22 pages? I would hate to goto your school.

((Sorry, that doesn't help...))

Try Wikipedia... or I duno... find someone from Beijing

Tried Wikipedia. Wikipedia is my main source. And I don't know nobody from Beijing. -sniffle-

And guess what? I'm only in 8th grade. Ergh.

What I wouldn't give to have another week or two...or three... or ten... for this report. It's already past 11:00 and I'm still working on it.

You have more work ethic than me. I have a three minute speech due soon for my debate class.I have an idea but I haven't started writing it yet. Procrastinator extraordinare.

Sorry Levy, I think I own that title. I just started typing today and I've had almost three weeks now to do it.

And don't even think that not working on your speech is hard, for my speech class we've had to do 5 minute speeches, so ha.

Although, our topics were realtively easy sooo... whatever.

I'm so wiped of energy that I think I'm going out of my mind. Sorry if I make no sense of somehow offend you or something.

And here's another website on Beijing history:

http://www.china.org.cn/english/features/beijing/30785.htm

It has links about some of the historical sites as well as the current museums, gardens, etc. that are there now too.

Good Luck (I'm writing a paper today too... but it's only 3 pages... 30 pages would be tough.)

Well, I wish some of my work was that hard. I'm tired of the ridiculously easy homework I get. (e.g., "Chapter 9: 'Wtf is a period?'") It's one thing to be too chalenging, but not enough? It hurts in the long run. Sorry if you hate me for it, but Revenge supports 30 pages! (Even though I would've done the same thing you did and leave it till the last day :))

I found this website which has some info about Beijing's past. Hope it helps.

http://www.sinohotelguide.com/aboutbeijing/general/past.html

Thanks Ellie, but I've been there. See, I'm willing to put that no one knows who founded it, but based off the past projects my teacher has collected, if someone else found it then.. .well...

Emperor Yongle named the city Beijing in 1421, before that it was called:

Beiping (named in 1368 by the Ming Dynasty) which was previosly:

Dadu (constructed from 1267-1293 by Kublai Khan) which was built on top of:

Zohngdu (named by Wan Yanliang of the Jin Dynasty) which was previously called:

Yanjing (named by the Qidans sometime around the 900s) which was previously:

Ji (which was established by Emperor Yao, it was also known as Youdu)

Before that it was wilderness.

Hope that helps. I'm a bit burnt out on my paper, so I figured I'd let my brain dwell on a different topic for a few minutes!

Thanks. Emperor Yongle -snort- XDDD Roflmao. Sorry. Everything is amusing me at the moment. I probably shouldn't have picked a city froma country with names I can't pronounce and words that show up wrong when I spell check. My paper is a sea of red lines under the words.

On another note:

What's your paper about?

Well, it started to be about the similarities of Thomas Hobbes and John Locke (one of the English influences on the Enlightenment.. not the "Lost" character!) on their views of what a commonwealth should be and how it should be run, but I couldn't find any similarities. So after a day of trying to find similarities that don't exist, I changed my topic to be about how Michel de Montaigne has no method to his reasoning in his essay "On the Cannibals."

Really fun stuff, aren't you glad you asked!

Eh... my group has a report due on the various aspects of the HIV epidemic in Malaysia. It's only 1500 words though, since not so many people in my class are good with English.

I would rather write on HIV (or even Beijing... but not 30 pages), that interests me much more than the fact that the dead frenchman who invented the "essay" (darn him) wasn't actually good at writing them. Maybe my teacher will keep that in mind when he grades mine! I mean, if his was good enough to be studied more than 400 yrs after he died, and he couldn't stay on topic for longer than half a paragraph... what can he honestly expect from me? :D Aagghhh... my head hurts! Good luck on your HIV paper, Sky Shadow. And Mia, I hope you got your paper done so you could hand it in today!

My group's essay is late as of today. :P I'm waiting for them to give me something to work on.

Eh... my group has a report due on the various aspects of the HIV epidemic in Malaysia. It's only 1500 words though, since not so many people in my class are good with English.

Geez. Easy-much? Seriously, I CAN'T write an essay that is under about 1,500 words. I talk a lot, therefore, I write a lot. Although, I despise writing assigned essays, I'd rather write something on my own terms.

And, for the record, I got my paper in. I may as well have failed, but I got it in.

Well congratulations!

And as for my groups essay, the job of writing it has (inevitably) fallen to me. XD 1,500 words won't be a problem though (it is pretty easy).

Eh... the content I made turned out okay, but it seems that somebody in the group neglected to give me the outline we were supposed to follow. <_<

Still: saved by my the content! :P

I hate joo.

Why is that?

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats on the good grade! I got an 'A' on my essay too, though he didn't say what percentage... just that it was an A. Hopefully Sky Shadow aced his too, in which case the tdners would have rocked out their icky paper assignments. Though I already have 3 more papers due. A 5 page paper due on thursday about feminist writers during the french revolution. A 5 page paper on an embryo developmental biology research article. And a 10 page paper (or 1/2hour oral presentation) on a research article about dynein motor molecule movement in the cell. I'm thinking about doing the oral presentation on that last one though... I'm sick of writing papers. The last two projects aren't due for another month though. So, I'll probably start them in 3 weeks! At least spring break is next week... SO excited!

I'd rather write about french feminists and dyneins for sure! I hate papers where I have to write about myself... especially when they want you to expose your fears and dreams and blah blah blah. Most people don't even know what their true fears/dreams are until they've either already faced them or already lost them. Make sure you save that paper though ad read it in 10 years... that's fun to do. It's amazing how much your perceptions of life can change in even just one year.

The overall mark for the essay I did was 15/20, which was pretty good considering it missed out half the stuff that was supposed to be there (I really wish my team members had given me that outline <_< ).

I'm also an avid hater of self-assessments, simply because I don't like opening up to other people.