Let's give a huge and warm welcome to....

Ellie_Penguin

Viggy Sidney the hamster! He's now also part of the TDN family XD. He is around 6 weeks old and still getting used to me and my family. He can recognize voices a little now and below are two pictures of him. I'm getting him more supplies today, like a fun house and a better wheel for his cage. I also bought him an exercise ball, which I haven't tried, yet. Once he gets used to his new home, I'll be getting him a better cage, but I guess it's good for starters. During the night he doesn't sleep as much, but now he's in deep sleep. It was a lot of fun watching him get used to his new home! He has a small second floor where he goes to eat and he throws the food he doesn't like away or he takes it to a small corner and eats it later. He also loves to play with two pieces of paper towel and believe it or not he's actually using a piece to go do his "business". He likes to play Spiderman as you can see XD. He likes to climb all the way up in his cage. I'm not holding him very often as he gets a little scared and becomes stiffed. My mom had a hamster when she was little so she is helping me a lot XD.

Any ideas for a fun house? (the ones with the plastic fancy tubes, etc). What else do you think I should get him? Should a wheel be outside the cage or always inside?

ViggySidney3007.jpg

ViggySidney3014.jpg

Those plastic cages with all the tubes to climb through are pretty cool to watch them play in. I would say the wheel should be inside the cage. Exercise balls are always fun too...well I think so they seem to have fun in them! Hope he gets used to his new home soon!

Aw, how cute! ^_^

Wheel should be inside the cage. That way if it comes loose or something he can't escape.

There are all sorts of fun houses, you just have to pick one. xD

Thanks everyone! It said he's a teddy bear hamster so yea a Syrian Hamster. He's sleeping and sleeping XD lol, he curled up in a ball.

He loves to play with paper towels LOL. He crawls under one and makes a little bed to sleep. He also likes to chew on them.

Adorable hamster, Ellie!

I used to have a Teddy Bear hamster years ago named Fudge. He was probably the most calm and relaxed rodent I have ever seen in my life. Not at one time he bit someone and always wanted to be held. Poor guy died at the age of five years old or so. That's the worst part about hamsters. Their average lifespan is very short, even when taken care of well.

Chinese Water Dragons on the other hand, usually live up to fifteen years old on average. Therefore, I'm going to be taking care of him for a while. Which I don't mind, since reptiles are my favorite type of animals. (Watching them shed their skin is kind of awesome.)

But back on subject.

You, Ellie, have a very cute and healthy hamster that should stick with you for years.

Hope you both make a great team!

Thanks Meeptroid! He's still getting to know me and getting used to his new environment, but he is having fun rolling on paper towels LOL. I just like to sit and watch him play around and I try to hold him at times, but not so often yet, because he gets a little scared.

That's understandable considering the size difference. :P

And he really is cute! *Goes to get cookies*

Very cute. :P

Don't have cats or any kind of predator around the house - they're letal, believe me.

If you do, keep them away from your hamster. :)

I had a hamster named "Babs," at one point. That little thing lived for over 5 years, and she was pure evil. She was always mean, and never seemed to take kindly to anyone. <_<

I had a hamster named "Babs," at one point. That little thing lived for over 5 years, and she was pure evil. She was always mean, and never seemed to take kindly to anyone. <_<

LOL, they say female hamsters are very grumpy. Maybe she wanted a male hamster?

• 2 months later...

Thanks, and well each hamster has its own personality. But, yea most female hamsters tend to be grumpy XD.

Anyways, here are some more pictures of Viggy. He's grown A LOT! I'm getting him a bigger cage next month. Captions for each picture and underneath each one of them.

MODS: I'm sorry if the pictures are too large or too many for one post. If there is a problem, please let me know and I can post the pictures on different posts :).

ViggySidney035001.jpg

Caption: Hamster's Next Top Model XD

ViggySidney10004.jpg

Caption: Sleeping :wub_anim: . Sometimes he's too lazy to make his bed so he just lies on the corner and sleeps XD.

ViggySidney17036.jpg

Caption: During his spare time, he is an actor. Here's Viggy playing Jack Dawson in Titanic XD.

ViggySidney17040.jpg

Caption: The Lion King or should I say, the Hamster King XD.

ViggySidney17066.jpg

Caption: he found his prey!

ViggySidney020076.jpg

Caption: Wutcha lookin' at!

ViggySidney020080.jpg

Caption: yep, he meditates LOL.

ViggySidney024017.jpg

Caption: Smile! You are on Hamster Camera!

ViggySidney028028.jpg

Caption: Always stretch before exercise!

ViggySidney028030.jpg

Caption: ...i'll just leave this to your imagination XD. But, he did that when I came home from school and I called him.

ViggySidney030034.jpg

Caption: showing some love to his treat!

ViggySidney032024.jpg

Caption: Playing Seabiscuit XD.

I don't believe TDN has a rule against large images or numerous images. The forums automatically scale down images and I believe the forums have an image limit set into them via the Admin CP. I think its like 30 or somethin.

Anyway, I used to have hamsters. One kept escaping. That's all she'd do. We would even put weights on her aquarium and she'd still managed to nose her way out.

Now we got Cats, don't got to worry about them. They had even managed to dart out the front door a few times, only to run back in because of the snow. XD

Wow those are some cute pictures! Any chance of catching him with his eyes closed in the meditation stance? XD

Lol your hamster is cute :P

I've never had hamsters, but I had 3 mice before. They didn't last long though. We'll just say that they had an unfortunate end...