Guild Webbie?

johnnyprather

Hello, I was reading through some editorials from random issues of the NT...and my friend and I are about to leave the guild we are currently in and start a new one :D Anyway...in the editorials I read alot of stuff about guilds and was wondering if like...we could make our guild "webbie" on a site such as freewebs and then put the address in the layout or something like that. Is that against the rules?

Hello, I was reading through some editorials from random issues of the NT...and my friend and I are about to leave the guild we are currently in and start a new one :D Anyway...in the editorials I read alot of stuff about guilds and was wondering if like...we could make our guild "webbie" on a site such as freewebs and then put the address in the layout or something like that. Is that against the rules?

Nope that's perfectly legal! :) Unless TNT changed the rule recently....maybe someone else can give you a more solid answer?

Just like Zac(wich) said, a website for your guild should be perfectly fine. :yes:

Well, Zac and I have our own guild webbie and so far TNT hasn't given us a rough time.

Speaking of which, I think our guild members are getting bored with us. :O

*Puts on non-lethal thinking cap*

Yup, it's fine to have a webbie... but if you advertise it on the boards, you could get a warning. Actually, advertising any site that isn't a Neopets page can get you in troubles.

Good luck with your guild :)

TNT is (understandably, considering the number of cases they have to deal with) cracking down on any links to outside sites on the Neoboards and such, but as aforementioned guild webbies should be fine. :yes:

So does that mean you'll have to convey the link by other means? Maybe you could IM/e-mail the webbie link to your guild members.

After Izzy got that warning I contacted TNT about it. They basically told me that we can have one off site but we can't tell our members lol....that makes total sense doesn't it? My suggestion is to use petpages! Make as many sides as possible and use them all for your links, that's what we do! It is a pain, but I figure it's better safe than sorry! I see tons of guilds with webbies on places like freewebs. You could always make a graphic with the url to your webbie on it. But as I said before your best bet is to just stay on neopets with it.