Neopets! When did you discover it existed?

Meeptroid

This is basically a topic revolving around how each of you discovered Neopets. :yes:

Three, four, or even five years back, I remember finding an advertisement for Neopets in a rather old edition of Disney Adventure Magazine. A smiling creature that looked remarkably like a monkey stood there promoting this website I never heard of.

That creature was obviously no other than a Mynci.

Before long, I knew Neopets was quite a fun pastime that kept me from severe boredom.

So, basically, Disney introduced me to an addictive site I probably will still be playing for years to come.

What's YOUR story?

When i was five, my Older cuz, who is now in collage, told me about this site. I became addicted but then i ruined that account so i made G7parsh and as an 18 year old backup, g7parshstwin. I lost the PW for my first account and used this one as my main for a long time. When i got the old one back, i started to transer things to the new one. There ends my long story (for now) My old account was parshva1994

I saw a commercial for one of those Neopet pocket pet games, and I thought they looked neat. I saw the website advertised at the bottom of the screen, and decided to explore a bit. Little did I know that I would be addicted to it to this day. x_x This was about four years ago.

My friend introduced me to Neopets and at first I thought it was stupid but I ended up getting addicted. We made an account together (against the rules I know, but I didn't know then :P ) and that was when I came up with the name djtom111. He soon stopped using the account, but I continued. After a year or two I got bored and just stopped using it. Then months ago, something reminded me and I decided to play again. Unfortunately I forgot the password to djtom111, so I decided to create djtom1111 and even got similar pets on my new account (even with the noobish names with about 10 numbers) and that's where I am now :D

A friend introduced the game to me. At first it was a way that I could trade my neopoints for orbit points. (Cartoon Orbit). But then I actually got addicted to it. b)

The brother of my friend was playing Neopets, and he got her into the game. (Please note that he is older than her!) I was around 16 years old, back to that time. So, my friend sent me the link to the site, and she explained me that I should go to the Shrine everyday... and I search for that Shrine (Coltzan's one) for quite a bit! It was a bit hard for me to understand the site completely as it was only written in English, but I'm improve a lot since then :D! yay!

I don't remember exactly...but a bunch of my friends at the time had an account so I signed up for one too. :P I didn't really play seriously however the first like year or two xD

A little over 5 years ago a friend made me join so she would have more Neofriends, and another member for her guild XD The only thing I did on the site was play the games (I loved games even then), and sometimes post on my friend's guild. I pretty much quit after a year and a half, when my friends lost interest and the guild disbanded.

About a year after that I went through a rough time with the death of one of my best friends and I came back to Neo as an escape from everything... that was three years ago now - and I'm thoughly addicted lol

About 5 years ago my brother came home from school telling me about this game all the kids were playing during computer lab, and he showed me Neopets :) Things were a lot different then.

Back in 2005, there was an American guy who came to study at my school for a while. We got acquainted and he introduced me to Neopets, and I've pretty much stuck to it since.

A friend of mine showed it to me and I was immediately enthralled. 4 1/2 years later, he's moved on to bigger and better MMO's like WoW and thinks I'm nuts for still playing neopets at age 18. BTW, I'm still using the account that I made back then. I haven't been active that entire time, but I've gotten on at least once every two weeks to feed my pets the whole time (I always put my pets in the neolodge so I don't have to freak out if I miss a day or two. Might be more expensive, but the convenience is worth it for me)

I'd never even heard of it until my freshman year at college...saw lots of people messing around with it (usually in lectures when they were supposed to be taking notes. :P) Finally got curious enough to make my main account near the end of that year, but did almost nothing with it at first. My roommate the next year had severe emotional problems, so I got really into the site while using it as an escape when she kept me up until 2 in the morning sobbing and generally freaking out. :S Don't know what I'd have done without the distraction. Fortunately, I finally got out of that situation; and two years later I still play Neopets, though now just for fun. My current roommate (who is awesome, and my best friend) plays too, so we have fun being Neopets geeks together. :)

I get made fun of sometimes for being an ancient college geezer who still plays Neopets, but I don't mind...I figure if I'm having fun then that's what matters; and besides, the site did a lot for my sanity when I had a truly terrible living situation, so my pets mean a lot to me even if everyone else thinks I'm nuts for putting so much time into a few colorful pixels. ;)

I have a neice that is the same age as me, we were very close as kids but she moved away when her parents divorced and we didnt see eachother, eventually we lost touch. In Feb of 2007 she was shot in her home by a stray bullett, she was playing neopets. I was very upset and felt so bad for loosing touch with someone that I was once so close with. She had married and had 3 kids and I didnt even know her husband or kids. The only way I thought of to reconnect was to look into something that she loved. I joined neopets. The shopkeeper in my shop is IHO Tiny. In Horor Of Tiny, Tiny was her nick name. well within the 1st day I was hooked. I found her acct and it was super hard to see her neohome and her pets. her aunt still keeps up her acct.

This is my 1st post here but i saw this thread and wanted to tell my story.

I heard about Neopets when AA began playing it. At first I didn't want to play because of the responsibility of feeding your pets - what if I went on a long trip? - but eventually it looked so fun I got on. I named my first account antiaircraft_2 (because AA's account was antiaircraft, as it still is) but eventually got rid of it. I can't remember why. Then I made antiaircraft_3 (you may have noticed by now that I'm not very creative) and went through quite a few pets before disowning them (I wasn't very responsible) and finally coming to the ones I have now.

I found out about it in 2003. I tried making an account, but our computer must have been made by caveman because nothing worked! <_< A few years ago, I got really into Archie comics (don't ask) and saw an advertisement for Neopets. A weird looking teddy bear thing (Dr. Sloth) was pointing as hand at something big, red, and dark. It looked pretty stupid at the time, but a couple months ago I created my current account.

So that's my story.

:mellow:

Yup.

:eh:

The End.

I remember my cousin showing me neopets for the first time way back in like the year 2000 or so. I made my first account and completely forgot about it for a couple of years. I went to get back on Neopets after my very long hiatus, but it asked for my birthdate. I had entered a wrong birthdate so I could get on the boards because at the time I wasn't 13 yet. So I had to make this account! :)