Breaking News: NEOPETS SCAN VIRUS

Ian

Well they better not track the virus, DOOM was somewhat involved in this... Pity it was revealed to the public before we could take over the world's computers and complete our pla- I've said too much... *poofs out in a puff of black smoke*

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, it failed, so you can talk about it. I just got back from, uh, reprimanding our computer crime squads.

This Virus has been across many good sites. And I don't think its the site fault.

One of my other sites (allfg.org) had the same problem.

And Jen, like tom said, The police can't do anything atm, If they stole all personal files and deleted all servers, Then the police will be involved, Though at the moment, its an vrus.

We have to be careful, though. If one ad has a virus, then who is it to say the other ones don't have one? Remember there are viruses that get installed as soon as you visit a site or they just pop up a window and automatically installs them even if you close them. I went on last night and the site was very slow so I close it immediately.

omg :grrr: i didn't click on it :grrr: but being of the same page it got me and now my dad wont let me use neopets because of "a risk of pain to the computer" :grrr:

CURSE YOU VIRUS MAKERS CURSE YOU!!!!!!

omg :grrr: i didn't click on it :grrr: but being of the same page it got me and now my dad wont let me use neopets because of "a risk of pain to the computer" :grrr:

CURSE YOU VIRUS MAKERS CURSE YOU!!!!!!

it okay and yes some people are wayyyyyyyyyy obsessed with neopets and hated TNT for deleting there account or whatever and will MAke a virus inside the computer XP and dude you can secretly go play neopets ^^

These people that make viruses are really misusing their talents. I mean seriously, dumping all that effort on a pet site - you have to tactically deploy a virus for it to be effective. :devil:

Not to my knowledge. Does anybody know if the virus is still hanging around?

Well, my friend plays Neopets and she told me she got the popup, but closed it. She didn't get the virus, but now it's scary because someone has gotten it even though they didn't click on the download.

If I remember correctly, viruses that get to you even without you doing anything generally exploit security holes in Internet Explorer and your OS (most often Windows).

I get that so often. Its just terrible, isnt it? :(

haaha suckers I have'nt it because it called FIREFOX!

and the evil guy: yes it insane enough as it sounds but people needs to get a life withput neopets there life will be shattered.... Or so they say XD but honestly I think they should use it on hacking usa main account muahahahah/.....

haaha suckers I have'nt it because it called FIREFOX!

and the evil guy: yes it insane enough as it sounds but people needs to get a life withput neopets there life will be shattered.... Or so they say XD but honestly I think they should use it on hacking usa main account muahahahah/.....

Yes, basically anything that isn't IE or IE based is better (Firefox, Netscape, Opera, Safari). With so many good browsers, you still use Microsoft's IE? Please, try Firefox and leave IE once and for all.

Or just, you know...subscribe to Premium for no ads.

Firefox + Premium = Bliss. ;)

yes true true true intrenet is now the like long ago thing. now firefox is the new era of intrenet :)

Well I use Firefox and I haven't seen this ad at all (I do have several ads blocked though), so maybe that's the reason why I don't get the ad. I love Firefox ^_^

Well perhaps somebody developed a special virus, then spread it so that it infected the servers of major sites (like Neopets or its advertiser). In that case, they might have trouble getting rid of the virus because they themselves have been infected.

THAt was I was trying to say! Some neopet addict injected the virus!