Number Puzzle

Izzy ♥

okay, so i've compiled a list of the numbers and their outcomes on the ratio and i'm wondering if the solution really is 5:5, because there's only one number (as mentioned previously) which has an outcome that's not a multiple of ten

will post list upon request.

i have tried 5:5 and it doesn't work

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have tried 5:5 and it doesn't work

hmm . . . are there any Neopets-related ratios we can work with? or maybe it's a pattern for the clickable numbers, and the ratio really has nothing to do with it . . .

I just had the strangest idea. Since the number puzzle is supposed to be the 18th riddle and there are a total of 30 riddles and you make the ratio 18:30. Then you simplify the ratio to 3:5 by taking out 6 in both. Has anyone got 3:5 yet?

that was a good idea... i tried it and didn't work

or maybe it's got something to do with neopets again (as usual). the only things that have ratios in neopets are games (np ratio) and the stock market... oh and battledome win/lost ratio. right?

Well, the answer isn't the numbers from Lost... *sighs*

Okay, I have a theory. I added together all the numbers and divided by the amount of numbers and got 9.025 (it's how you find the mean...or mode..or something. High school statistics was ages ago) So my theory is the answer might be 9:025. Anyone willing to test said theory?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (TJ) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post; posts merged.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

ill quote here

Though Reb, don't take it certain

Im not 100% that, that is the clue

So I could be wrong :(

so can 9:025 be someones birthday on the site???

like a content writer??

and you dont need the 0 so it would be 9:25

im saying take out the 0 too 9:25 can be a birthday

and what do you mean it cant go past 5,i got it up to 8

i dont know,it is a date!

9=September and 25 is a day

now im thinking what if we where to simplify??

3:125

or just 3:12

This post has been edited by a member of staff (TJ) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Don't double post; use the edit button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I just can't believe no one's willing to hint a bit more when every one's so totally lost on how to solve this one, and the 'overthrow' one.

well we should wait for over through

i want someone to please help me or work with me to get the number ratio or image link of the puzzel piece and password to skip the thing

but random is annoying,ive gone 3 days with 5 hours of sleep working on this

ill just have to find a not so smart noob

but its cool,im trying to get passed it,and when i do get passed it im not helping overthrow,Work it out yourself

lol jk i will help when i get there,im good at these things

Don't double post; use the edit button.

I'll probably regret saying this, and I'm not 100% sure, but I think the answer is:

5:895

or at least something that ends in:

ohhh now you've got me all intrigued. i'd better get testing, eh?

question, though: what makes you think it's that?

Finally decided to join the forum after visiting it for at least a year! Woo!

Anywho... There's been speculation about it being a birthday. I went through all the staff's birthday's. They were all born in '86, '91, '92, and '93. All of which are not divisible by 5. The only exception is 1990, but the month is 11, which doesn't work because the x in x:XXXX doesn't go above 5.

So I guess it doesn't mean a staff birthday. Also, Neopet's birthday is 11/15/1999, which also doesn't work. So I dunno! Just putting in my two cents. This numbers one is killing me! o_O

Finally decided to join the forum after visiting it for at least a year! Woo!

Anywho... There's been speculation about it being a birthday. I went through all the staff's birthday's. They were all born in '86, '91, '92, and '93. All of which are not divisible by 5. The only exception is 1990, but the month is 11, which doesn't work because the x in x:XXXX doesn't go above 5.

So I guess it doesn't mean a staff birthday. Also, Neopet's birthday is 11/15/1999, which also doesn't work. So I dunno! Just putting in my two cents. This numbers one is killing me! o_O

I JUST GOT IT!!!

Umm... I don't know if I should just give the answer I don't know how to do the spoiler thing.

5:895