Number Puzzle

Izzy ♥

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, what if this is a red herring? Because most plots have them, and the Pink Uni riddle had two answers. So maybe there was one answer that is the correct one, and the other leads to a red herring. But don't take my word for it.

I don't think this one is a red herring. The answer is much more sensible than Nigel.

Has anyone figured anything out about this yet?

i haven't and i don't have any ideas but i do beleive that this one is not the one after the uni one. i think it is another one...

What's a red herring?

Is it n english or american saying? The only herring I have heard of is the one painted green and nailed to the wall in MirrorMask

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Matt) because of a violation of the forum rules.

7 or more words, please.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Maria - A red herring is an answer which could be the answer, but is only there to distract you from the real answer. If that's not too confusing.

No, I won't tell you the answer. The sentinels might do that at a later date. What I am going to say is... well... 2 things.

1. Being logical in this puzzle might hinder you rather than help.

2. You've got to love Eric.

What's a red herring?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Matt) because of a violation of the forum rules.

7 or more words, please.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Can I ask, why do you have the seven words rule?

It's to promote conversation, not off topicness like you're doing right now *glares*.

Now I'm stuck. I need to add something to this conversation without giving anything away...

Urm...

The puzzle uses loads of numbers, but there's a certain number which triggers the correct/incorrect screen.

It's to promote conversation, not off topicness like you're doing right now *glares*.

Now I'm stuck. I need to add something to this conversation without giving anything away...

Urm...

The puzzle uses loads of numbers, but there's a certain number which triggers the correct/incorrect screen.

How can you get stuck, didn't you help make it???

Matt edit: I meant stuck trying not to break the very rules I'm here to enforce.

Ooooh.. Well that IS a predicament =)

Seven.

Don't double post, neither. And don't add an extra random word to get passed the rule. We don't like that.

The number that triggers the incorrect screen is 5:anything.

I've gotten it to 0:5 before, and nothing happened. Hmm.

I think I'll tinker with it some more later.

Im also at the multiple choice part after solving the overthrow riddle. I don't really know which way is the correct way, so I'll do both.

Did you just say that you solved the overthrow riddle?

If so can you give me a hint?

Based on that quote, we can safely assume that because the same number triggers the right/wrong screen, the first number must be 5, because we have proven that to trigger the wrong screen. Anybody who wants to help me with my big project, please PM me. My big project is to put the second number at 990, then 980, etc. (since you can only go by tens) and get the first number onto 5, which by that step will get the second number onto the goal number. So if you're interested, please PM me and I'll give you some numbers to try.

Based on that quote, we can safely assume that because the same number triggers the right/wrong screen, the first number must be 5, because we have proven that to trigger the wrong screen. Anybody who wants to help me with my big project, please PM me. My big project is to put the second number at 990, then 980, etc. (since you can only go by tens) and get the first number onto 5, which by that step will get the second number onto the goal number. So if you're interested, please PM me and I'll give you some numbers to try.

I'll help you.

I think you should know though, that you can go down by fives, as click on 19 results in +1:+565.

Also, our member numbers are two apart.

I'll help you.

I think you should know though, that you can go down by fives, as click on 19 results in +1:+565.

Also, our member numbers are two apart.

did you figure this one out as well?

okay, so i've compiled a list of the numbers and their outcomes on the ratio and i'm wondering if the solution really is 5:5, because there's only one number (as mentioned previously) which has an outcome that's not a multiple of ten

will post list upon request.