The ALP Enters Y2!

Matt

Since we haven't had any news since May, I thought it would be nice to have a little news on the subject.

The eagle-eyed amongst you would've noticed by now that the ALP User Lookup has changed. It's a cleaner, more ALP focused version (Basically, dumbed down version) of the upcoming Y2. In just a few hours, you'll be able to see the real thing, but you can see the Y2-inspired lookup today!

Now, it's not an exact similarity, remember. I had to work in restraints of the coding allowed. You can see the real thing later on in a few hours time. Can't wait. :)

So we'd like your feedback on the design. Is the top image too big? Do some things look mis-aligned? Is something missing? Tell us. We'd love to get feedback.

And on a final note, we have a new tagline. It's not very good and I'm yet to discuss it with Eric, but it's App., Collat., Trade, Amaze. Basically the four steps of lending. I liked it, anyway...

So yes. Give us feedback and enjoy the rest of the days and weeks festivities as we celebrate Y2!

Many thanks,

Matt (And Eric... who's MIA at the moment. o_O)

I think it looks great, nothing is mis-aligned, it looks like it's designed for that purpose. ;)

I think it looks a little plain though, the old layout was cramped, but I liked the newest available for lending thing on the layout. (if that was that layout, or i'm thinking of my guild, who knows!)

*idea* maybe instead of doing the newest avatar that the ALP is able to lend (since that hasn' t been changing much) ... there can be a spot where it says the newest avatar released and how to get that - more informative, if it gets popular enough then people might go there for the newest avatar info, and then see thedailyneopets.com and then go there...the circle of life!

If you want to put something on the bottom of the page... code your layout in div scrolling = auto :P So your stats will be in the middle, in a scrolling area, and you can put whatver you want at the bottom of the page.

Otherwise, I love the layout... but I already told you Matt ;D

Yep, you did. :)

I don't like the idea of it being static and icky. Assuming the lookup is the same size on any dimension of screen, I suppose I could. Any suggestions for what could go there? I mean, that avatar thing could, but it's a bit out of the way...

You could use the .footer class to put something at the bottom, instead of simply removing it... or you could put the bottom image in the background of the main/content ids and fix it to the bottom of the page...

Overall though, great lookup, nice and simple :)

:) It's as close as you can get on a lookup. Heh.

Although, I still haven't gotten around to filling in that gap at the bottom. More importantly, however, I've got a big blue link on there pointing people to thedailyneopets.com/avatarlending, which doesn't exist anymore. :| I'll get Ian to fix it, hopefully.

I've put a divider on the page now. It still looks a little...bald, though. I don't know. Opinions?

Oh, and, do you think it's worth putting the newest avatar avaliable through the ALP and having information about it similar to what the Y2 avatar database has?