Can you buy and sell the same stocks in the same day?

SnowGura

I just got enough NP to invest in KSON for the sell! sell!! avatar. With that one and my current stocks I will be at 1,000,000 NP invested. I've seen some people say to buy stocks right before midnight and then sell them after midnight since its the next day. So, does that mean we can't buy and them sell them right away? I don't mind waiting for midnight but Id rather just do it now if I can.

Hm. According to TDN, here are the requirements for obtaining the avatar:

Sell! SELL!!
Have over 1 million invested in your stocks, and view your Portfolio external_link.gif. Investing strictly in VPTS does not count.

So, I believe you can buy and sell in the same day. I got the avatar, doing the "midnight" method. That method was "discovered", so you wouldn't loose any money in the process. Meaning, the stock rates can change at any time, except during Neo reset time (midnight). If you purchase 1M NP of stocks right before midnight, and sell them for the same price, right after midnight, you won't loose any NP, and have the 1M NP requirement to get the avatar. Well, at least that's how I understand it. It's more of a "guarantee" (not 100%, of course), doing it the "midnight" way. But, you should be able to sell at any time. Just make sure the rate/price hasn't gone down, before doing so.

@Scoobert_Doo Thanks for the answer! I was very curious, so I attempted buying and selling shortly before midnight, before the day rolled over, to see if it'd work. It did. Got the avatar and was able to sell them right away! As far as I can tell, I did it quickly enough that the stock price didnt change too.