Unconverted vs. Converted

NeoStep

Positives about UC pets: Nostalgic for those who wanted to keep their pet Unconverted, very beautiful poses/art

Negatives about UC pets: Cannot be customized, background/foreground only, zapping auto-converts it

Positives about Converted pets: Can wear clothes

Negatives about Converted pets: Same faces for each color (except for Robot, same expression), certain colors such as Maraquan or Baby have color specific clothes

I dunno if I like both, but hhhh I am dreaming of having a mix of UCs and Converted pets. Which one do you like most?

I love UC's the best.

My UC Faerie Ixi and UC Baby Kougra are lovely .

I have a baby Lupe named ZoeKiara.

I am training a Bd Neopet for my friend who is joining 

Neopet's next year.

I am training a 4 lettered Neopet to trade for a 

UC Baby Kougra (a friend is going to turn my 

Jelly Uni into a Jelly Cybunny when the glitch is fixed !).

I am training another 4 lettered Neopet to trade for a 

UC Faerie Kougra.

• 5 weeks later...

Personally I prefer converted pets. Customizing pets is a lot of fun and I would never choose different artwork of the same pet over one of my favorite activities on the site (I just wish it was possible to customize pets on my phone,). I also mostly prefer the new artwork - to me, the converted pets look more polished than the UCs. 

• 4 months later...

While customizing is fun, I do prefer the old artwork in general. To me, you can't beat those unique poses and expressions and they were just so cool looking! I wish they gave you the option to create pets in the old  style; I never understood why they locked everyone out of making old style pets but kept a handful as UCs. 

• 2 weeks later...

I love customization - not to mention the ability to crosspaint, and mix and match paint brush clothing from different sets, but the old artwork just had more personality to it. Sure, not with every single colour, but overall, there was more variety and uniqueness to the pets and the various colours. I do think certain species benefitted from updated artwork, such as Chomby and Peophin (I have always loved them, though) and I would not want to go back to the old art style and not be able to dress up my pets.
The process of which pets got grandfathered and which didn`t seems so arbitrary to me. I was so upset when I logged in after the conversion and saw my (previously) beautiful Royal Girl Zafara.. The conversion did not do that species any favours. Why were the Zafaras not grandfathered, when the Korbats, Lupes and Kyriis (to name a few) were?
At the present day, I do own a couple of UC pets, a Grey Kougra and a Faerie Ixi, they are gorgeous and I love them. ❤️

It`s really hard to say which I prefer - overall, I think I have to say converted, simply due to the updated artwork for some pets, and the ability to customize.

• 1 month later...

I prefer unconverted, but I dumbly converted by main years ago (I don't even remember doing that).

I don't really care for customization, and I have yet to see anything in it that looks even remotely nice (aside maybe some backgrounds), so it feels like I've played myself by converting him.

In general I prefer only a couple Uncoverted

tyrannian krawk(ALL TIME Dreamie)halloween lupetyrannian unii had those but they were gone with my frozen account .. i would've never converted the Lupe had it stayed with me into V2.0 .. The Uni was automatically converted ..

The UC Darigans are aesthetically wonderful .. they just don't appeal to me much .. i just hate how they sabotaged the Techo 

darigan techo from this to thisdarigan techo

and I'm not interested in Faerie Pets .. 

But i also like customization .. it just gives you sooo many personality options for your pets ...