Anyone else ever have a "vanished auction"?

suzanoberle

I put a junky item, a native mask, up for auction, just to see if I could get more than a couple NP for it.  To my surprise, I received this neomail:

Dear xxxxx,

Oops! This is a mail to tell you that your item up for Auction ID # 189143060 (Native Mask) has disappeared from the site before the auction could be resolved. As a result, the auction has been aborted and all bids have been refunded. Sorry!

Here are the bids that were placed :

Bid : Array NeoPoints, placed by xxxxx.

I didn't get the mask back either. No big loss, but I've never seen this glitch before.  Anyone else?

That's odd. I think I've auctioned items maybe 2 times and everything went through no problem. The fact you got a message at first sounded to me like the item was removed from Neopets, but it is still there (I thought it would be since it's been around for a while and no reason to remove it). The second thing is if the item was taken by Pant Devil, or from another random event. However, it seems like the fact you are auctioning the item would prevent those events from happening, similar to when an item is put up for trade. So, either auctions are not protected from REs, or it was some sort of error. I'm guessing the latter and the message just comes up, regardless.

In any case, glad to know the item you had up wasn't worth that much and you aren't losing out, so to speak.

I put a junky item, a native mask, up for auction, just to see if I could get more than a couple NP for it.  To my surprise, I received this neomail:

Dear xxxxx,

Oops! This is a mail to tell you that your item up for Auction ID # 189143060 (Native Mask) has disappeared from the site before the auction could be resolved. As a result, the auction has been aborted and all bids have been refunded. Sorry!

Here are the bids that were placed :

Bid : Array NeoPoints, placed by xxxxx.

I didn't get the mask back either. No big loss, but I've never seen this glitch before.  Anyone else?

I will PM you later about my thoughts on the matter