Accessing An Old Account?

kayahtik

Ok, so before my current main account, I had a slightly older one. I still know the username to it, but I'm not sure what the password is or if I even used my accurate birth date when I signed up! To make matters worse, the email address that I signed up with doesn't even exist anymore!

I'd really like to get access to the account, mostly for nostalgia's sake, but also just to see if there's anything useful on it that I could transfer to my new main--and because my pets on there would allow me to get the Battledome Veteran avatar :P

SO, my actual questions are: If I were to open a support ticket, do you think there's any chance of me getting the account unlocked? And what kind of information would I have to provide to prove my ownership of it?

You have a pretty good chance as long as you can recall the information such as: past email addresses, first pet you created and/or any pet(s) you used to have on that account, former passwords, former trades (NC, trading post), former lends (like MSPP, SuAP etc), list any items you know for sure are in your SDB, items you've won or contests you've won, any neofriends etc. Basically, provide information that only you as the account owner, would know.

They will give you a list of what you must provide in the ticket but these are the most common questions they will inquire about.

I had a similar issue and sent a ticket. Unfortunately, since the e-mail account that it was linked to was no longer existing, they said to me that they realized the account was mine but that since I could not access the email account they answered:

Unfortunately, if you are unable to access the email on the account we are not able to release the info to you.

So I had to declare it abandoned and closed.

Ok, so before my current main account, I had a slightly older one. I still know the username to it, but I'm not sure what the password is or if I even used my accurate birth date when I signed up! To make matters worse, the email address that I signed up with doesn't even exist anymore!I'd really like to get access to the account, mostly for nostalgia's sake, but also just to see if there's anything useful on it that I could transfer to my new main--and because my pets on there would allow me to get the Battledome Veteran avatar :PSO, my actual questions are: If I were to open a support ticket, do you think there's any chance of me getting the account unlocked? And what kind of information would I have to provide to prove my ownership of it?

I had a similar problem, but then I got access (remembered my password), only to have my account hacked and the password changed. I had started to change my email, but something distracted me (don't even remember what it was now) and I forgot to update and signed out of the Neopets account. Next thing I knew I could not get on the account. I sent a ticket in November of last year and so far have not gotten a reply. Hopefully you will have better luck.

I had a similar issue and sent a ticket. Unfortunately, since the e-mail account that it was linked to was no longer existing, they said to me that they realized the account was mine but that since I could not access the email account they answered:

Wow, that is a bummer. If that's always the case then my account may be lost (so to speak) as well. As mentioned above, I did go to change my email, but never completed the process. It is possible the hacker changed the email anyway, but I don't think it was that kind of hack. At any rate, not sure if there would be a record of me attempting to change the email, or if that would matter since they probably can't prove the original owner (and not a hacker) was the one who attempted to change the email, so it may be a lost cause.

Pardon me, towards the end of this post I'm basically thinking out loud in the form of typing.

Ugh, that's what I was afraid of hearing. I've started compiling a list of everything I can remember about that account in the hopes that it'll prove my ownership, but if they won't do anything because of a deactivated email address, then I guess I might be out of luck. I suppose I'll go ahead and open a ticket anyway, just to give it a shot, but then I worry that I'll be in the same situation as funkydragondiva78 and they just won't ever reply...  :worried: