Bye-Bye to my teeth

aminoshiki

Just got all 4 wisdom teeth pulled! Don't remember falling asleep or waking up, but I definitely look like a chipmunk! Surprisingly I'm not in that much pain, but that may all change after I wake up. Just sorta cranky because my bedtime was 8am, about 5 hours ago (night shift hours). I'm worried now that I won't wake up at my normal time and sleep throughout the night, ruining my sleep cycle >.<

Had a couple cups of consomme broth soup, may try for soup with more solid ingredients later.

But anyways if anyone has any advice for me for the next few days, feel free to share! xD

Just got all 4 wisdom teeth pulled! Don't remember falling asleep or waking up, but I definitely look like a chipmunk! Surprisingly I'm not in that much pain, but that may all change after I wake up. Just sorta cranky because my bedtime was 8am, about 5 hours ago (night shift hours). I'm worried now that I won't wake up at my normal time and sleep throughout the night, ruining my sleep cycle >.<

Had a couple cups of consomme broth soup, may try for soup with more solid ingredients later.

But anyways if anyone has any advice for me for the next few days, feel free to share! xD

oooh, all 4 at once, yow!  I recommend you start icing it right away so that the swelling goes down and it will help with the pain.  I don't know what your dentist/doctor said as far as ibuprofen/motrin due to bleeding, sometimes it's contraindicated after surgery so if you were told not to take it, don't.  Otherwise, take your prescribed pain medication right away, even if you aren't in pain, as it prevents pain.  You don't want to wait until the pain is unbearable, because at that point it is much more difficult to control.  You should be preventing pain rather than trying to play catch up afterwards.  Good luck.  If you have any questions you can PM me.

You don't want to wait until the pain is unbearable, because at that point it is much more difficult to control.

That sounds like me. I always avoid medicine until the last minute. I hate taking medicine because it makes me feel like a wuss lol. They gave me three different prescriptions, and that's on top of the three I already have! But yes, I will suck it up and take all of them. x_x I suppose you're right and prevention is the key. Plus I need to get better quickly in order to go to back to work, which is very physically demanding. I'm trying to avoid fainting from too much blood rush.

I hate taking medicine because it makes me feel like a wuss lol. They gave me three prescriptions, and that's on top of the three I already have! But yes, I will suck it up and take all of them. x_x I suppose you're right and prevention is the key.

I totally hear you, but taking the medication doesn't make you weak, it makes you smart.  I am betting that one of them is an antibiotic and that is extremely important. You do NOT want or need an infection.  Prevention IS the key ;)  .   I know some of the meds can make you feel all :S, but it is better than excruciating pain.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, start the meds right away, take them as prescribed, especially the antibiotics, take those until they are finished.  You will be feeling better in no time.  Now that I think about it, I had all 4 of my wisdoms done at once too. That was a LONG time ago, lol.  Mine were not impacted and went very smoothly.  No pain, no swelling, took the pain meds right away and I think one more time afterwards and that was it.  Take care.  Let me know how it turns out.

I second what rntracy1 said about taking your pain medication. Often after a dental procedure like this, including root canals the dentist will inject a similar medication into the area for pain relief. This is basically called your leading dose and is a bit more then what you would be taking at home as prescribed.

As a mom of a very young little girl, who has gone through horrible teething pains and a couple viral throat infections. It's important to keep on top of the pain instead of waiting until it's unbearable. For my little one she would be screaming at times because of the pain. Mostly from waking up with throbbing gums. Not fun! When she was about a year old I took her into the ER for a possible ear infection. Turns out she had a slight fever and had a viral throat infection. Our doctor gave her a dose and a half of tylenol and told me to keep on the pain meds rather then play catch up. I try to do this whenever she's not feeling well or has teeth bothering her. I'd rather have a happy girl, then a cranky girl who is in pain. The same can be said for us adults, as much as we'd like to muddle through, it's not always the best decision.

I hope you have a speedy recovery! :)

Thanks for all the advice, guys. I've managed to survive so far. I take my antibiotics exactly 8 hours apart so I've been good about that. The pain meds have been more difficult. I've had to stagger different kinds, which isn't so bad at home, but really isn't fun at work. Like I mentioned earlier I have a very physical job so I've had to take more breaks because the medication makes me kind of woozy and light-headed.

Honestly the worst part isn't even the pain...it's the hunger!! I tried having protein shakes on top of the soups to fill me up, but I swear I feel like I am starving every 10 minutes. I finally started eating some solid (but still soft) foods today. Difficult, but not impossible. Hopefully I'll be able to have more normal foods by next week! I am having mad cravings right now!