Trading post question

blinkk5

My main income is my shop so I don't normally deal with the trading post.  Hahaha, because of that, this may be a noob question.

Anyway, I just put up a paint brush that's worth 3m.  It was my understanding that the trading post has no limit on the amount of NP you can spend there.  Am I wrong about that?

Someone just offered to buy my PB for 2m, but they wanted to do a second trade for a junk item for 500k.  They said they'd be buying the brush for 2.5m this way.  Is this a scam, or is there some limit on the trading post that I wasn't aware of?

(Side note: if anyone is interested in a Plushie Paint Brush, here it is.  I'm happy to haggle with you guys, because I trust people on TDN. :))

I am no expert in this area, as I have only use the TP for TDN ALP lend items. But, I found this, searching the Neopets "Help":

"Someone is offering to do a “split trade” with me. What is this?

"Split trades" are against the rules! A "split trade" is when a user asks another user to bid on multiple lots. For example, a user might offer to sell you a paint brush for 1.2 million Neopoints by asking you to bid
600,000 NP
on the paint brush and
600,000 NP
on a junk lot. Then the user will accept the
600,000 NP
for the junk lot, but not for the paint brush. It's a scam, and that's why it's against the rules. If you want to sell something too expensive for the Trading Post, go to the
instead."

So, please be careful. I wouldn't want to see you, or anyone else, get frozen, or "ripped off". I thought, but am not certain, that the TP limit was raised to 2M NP, and I believe there is a limit. I hoping more experienced TDN'ers or Moderators will post, but thought I'd post when I found the above. Hope you get what you are looking for, for the PB, and, maybe, an auction would be better, instead.

The Trading Post does have a limit of 2m, so the person making the offer would need to offer you 2m in Neopoints and the rest in items. Alternatively you can use the Auction to get the funds for the PB. Doing split trades is never a good idea as there is always a chance you will get ripped off. If you choose to auction it in the Auction House to a specific user, add that person as a Neofriend and set the auction to be NF only that way the public can't bid on it. I hope this helps. :)

Thanks guys.  I switched it to Auction House and had a successful auction. Much better.   :laughingsmiley:

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine).

The original topic has been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Rune Valentine if you have any questions regarding this action.