Neopets-like Mobile/Tablet Game..?

IdeaSmith

Are there any games similar to Neopets but on mobile/tablet? If not how would you feel a game like that would do on those platforms but polished for touch screen? 

From what I've seen the only games similar are virtual pet simulators which are aimed for 8 years and younger.. Pou for example(you can dress pet up and play mini games), or there's pet games but it only involves evolving the pet and battling (minomonsters). 

What if a game was made that involved all aspects of what Neopets has but for mobile/tablet; Raise, customise, train, quest, battle, mini games, auction/player shops, forums etc..  

Would love to hear your opinions on if a game like this could do well. 

P.S.

If this thread is in the wrong category please move it to the correct one mods.  :laughingsmiley:

I'd only like such game if it really was Neopets. The current games aren't as good as Neo, as Neopets is a huge world with loads of stuff to do. I wouldn't like to start over again. But if everything Neo has is put in a good developed mobile game, I'd play that. For sure. I just don't see that happening because Neopets has been around over ~15 years and that's the reason Neopets is so big. I think such game could go well, just look at Neopets :D

I do play neopets on my iPad through puffin as a browser. There is a lot you can't do - many of the games won't work. But other than that most stuff is available.

I'd love it if they could somehow make the rest of those games playable but I agree that perhaps it is just too large. Then again I know very little about computers so maybe it'd be easier than I imagine...

Mostly I would love if Neopets itself could be converted so that all aspects work on mobile. Right now, a lot can be done, but there is not an actual app for the site and certain things are hard to do or are not possible on mobile, such as customising pets. Neopets is the only virtual pets site I play so I probably wouldn't be that interested in another game. Even with Neopets I would prefer to have a setup where people could access their regular accounts through the mobile game/app. However, even if it was something where we were starting over with the mobile, if it has the overall feel and way about it that the original Neopets has, I would most likely want to play. I do think it would do well because many people like the ability to play games on their phones and like these kinds of games.

Given the power of mobile devices today and the wide range of mobile games today, Neopets definitely can be ported onto a mobile device. However, the problem with trying to make an app that lets you explore Neopets and play its flash games is the sheer amount of time and manpower it takes. Not only does the program have to be made in the first place (managing the UI would be a HUGE pain), it also must be maintained to keep bugs and glitches in check. From what I have heard, the Neopets team is relatively understaffed.

I'm definitely down for a Neopets mobile app, but unfortunately I don't expect to see one any time soon. If it is just an imitation, though, I would not be interested. I play Neopets to get my fill of Neopets, and I think new pet-game franchises should seek a somewhat different direction from Neopets.

I feel like every time I come back to NP there's news of an app. I remember how disapointed I was with the old NP app, because I didn't have the right phone! I love ALL the Lutari stuff, and didn't get to play one scrap of it. I'd hope that an app would have something like it again, an island or area that's exclusive to the mobile, but with full access to the regular stuff too (ok, maybe not all the games, some of them are clearly only PC-able).

• 2 weeks later...