Not New, But...

LovelyOne

I haven't been here in years! Wow. I literally introduced myself and never came back  :shiftyeyes_anim:

Like many of you, I'm an adult player and over the past couple years, a lot of my neofriends (also adults) have left. I'm just seeking new people to befriend and chat with from time to time! 

Welcome back! :)

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that a lot of us 'adults' take a break for a long bit of time before something happens in life that reminds us of Neopets (I was looking into the real life stock market lol) The important thing is, we always end up back:) I hope you stick around, there's still a lot of us here. 

Best of luck!

Welcome back! I hope you enjoy your time here at TDN... and of course at Neopets. ;)

Lots of people take breaks or an even longer hiatus. I know I have, but meeting up with my neofriends in the guild I'm in, which has sadly also dwindled over the years, is what usually brought me back. That and the Advent Calendar. :shiftyeyes_anim:  LOL Are you participating in the AC this year?

Welcome back! I hope you enjoy your time here at TDN... and of course at Neopets. ;)

Lots of people take breaks or an even longer hiatus. I know I have, but meeting up with my neofriends in the guild I'm in, which has sadly also dwindled over the years, is what usually brought me back. That and the Advent Calendar. :shiftyeyes_anim:  LOL Are you participating in the AC this year?

Thank you! I am participating in the AC, but like always I get extremely bored of playing the same few games over and over again. I'm hoping to at least rank up to 5. You?

Welcome back! Feel free to neomail me or be my friend. My username is arctic_fox790. I'm always looking for new friends

Thanks! I'm going to send you a request now :D

Hey there. Welcome back to TDN! I'd like to be your friend. :D

Thank you! Cool, I'm going to send you a neofriend request as well!

Thank you! I am participating in the AC, but like always I get extremely bored of playing the same few games over and over again. I'm hoping to at least rank up to 5. You?

It CAN get a bit boring/tedious. I usually play YYB, but I'll try the support games when they have the Bonus thing on them. lol I like that Slushie Slinger has Peophins in it, but it's a shame other non-AC games don't, imo. ;)

I am 1 YYB win away from Rank 6. If you have a goal (pardon the pun) besides earning points for your team and the Prize Shop, it gets a little more interesting. For me it's not only having a strong GPG (Goals per game) average, but I want to see if 18 goals is possible. This year I've had 2 wins of 17-0 and my GPG average is about 11.83. I'm ALSO trying to Improve my team's forward, Elon's, standing in the Neopets Goals Per Game rankings.  I am ASTONISHED that he's 6th place this year.

http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseum/top_scorers.phtml

I kind of doubt I'll reach All-Star this year, but we'll see. Having to win over 1300 games of YYB is daunting at first.. Oh well. Just about 1101 YYB Wins to go. lol

Anyway, I hope you do well in the AC. :) If you've got questions on battling, feel to PM me or stop by the Battledome and battlepedia part of the forums. Lots of helpful people can offer some great advice. And if you're on a tight budget, "Budget Battling" is something I'm pretty well versed in. ;)

Have a great one. :)

It CAN get a bit boring/tedious. I usually play YYB, but I'll try the support games when they have the Bonus thing on them. lol I like that Slushie Slinger has Peophins in it, but it's a shame other non-AC games don't, imo. ;)

I am 1 YYB win away from Rank 6. If you have a goal (pardon the pun) besides earning points for your team and the Prize Shop, it gets a little more interesting. For me it's not only having a strong GPG (Goals per game) average, but I want to see if 18 goals is possible. This year I've had 2 wins of 17-0 and my GPG average is about 11.83. I'm ALSO trying to Improve my team's forward, Elon's, standing in the Neopets Goals Per Game rankings.  I am ASTONISHED that he's 6th place this year.

http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseum/top_scorers.phtml

I kind of doubt I'll reach All-Star this year, but we'll see. Having to win over 1300 games of YYB is daunting at first.. Oh well. Just about 1101 YYB Wins to go. lol

Anyway, I hope you do well in the AC. :) If you've got questions on battling, feel to PM me or stop by the Battledome and battlepedia part of the forums. Lots of helpful people can offer some great advice. And if you're on a tight budget, "Budget Battling" is something I'm pretty well versed in. ;)

Have a great one. :)

I usually play YYB as well. It's the most interesting of the games for sure, but even that drains me sometime lol. I'm just not good with routines is all, nothing against the game itself. I never actually noticed the lack of Peophins in games. Now that you say that, I'll have to start paying attention to which pets are most used in games/events/etc.

Great job on reaching rank 6. Even that is impressive from my current standing, and All-Star ranking is just amazing. I would love to reach All-Star for the prospectives prizes and whatnot but I don't think it'll be this year LOL. Not for me.

Thank you for all the help and wishing me well in the AC - I hope you get the ranking you're aiming for! I will definitely let you know if I need any help battling, that is, if I ever train my pet to where she needs to be to beat the SF ^_^

Oddly enough, I've only ever participated in the very first AC. Maybe a tiny bit in the second? My computer back then was so ridiculously slow, so I stopped playing flash games. And I've just never gotten back into it.

I don't think you're missing all that much, but it is nice to have the trophy and of course the prizes are nice if you can rank up enough (but I never do lol). Maybe you'll get the urge to play a little bit since it's been so long for you? Haha.

I usually play YYB as well. It's the most interesting of the games for sure, but even that drains me sometime lol. I'm just not good with routines is all, nothing against the game itself. I never actually noticed the lack of Peophins in games. Now that you say that, I'll have to start paying attention to which pets are most used in games/events/etc.

Great job on reaching rank 6. Even that is impressive from my current standing, and All-Star ranking is just amazing. I would love to reach All-Star for the prospectives prizes and whatnot but I don't think it'll be this year LOL. Not for me.

Thank you for all the help and wishing me well in the AC - I hope you get the ranking you're aiming for! I will definitely let you know if I need any help battling, that is, if I ever train my pet to where she needs to be to beat the SF ^_^

Yeah, if I could stick to routines, I MIGHT be able to get that elusive 18th goal. Or heck, if I finished a YYB game 17-1 at least I'd know it was DOABLE. LOL But yeah, I'm pretty random about some stuff. ^^;

Yeah, as you might be able to tell from my gallery, I'm a BIG fan of the peophin. They remind me of the legendary Hippocampus, yep, same spelling as the part of the brain with the same name. Makes looking it up very tricky at times. Weeding through the medical websites in the search results. LOL I'd love a Peophin keyquest token. But that's highly unlikely. :(

Thanks! And trust me, the higher the number of your YYB games played goes, the easier it usually gets. If you're not checking the number every couple of games. ;) I'm a little quirky in that I screenshot and save every score of 10+. I think I started that to dispute scores not sending or something, then found it was a glitch and nothing they could do, so I guess I just kept doing it for my records, to see if I could improve, and then a couple years ago, I started looking at my goals per game average and started trying to improve there. Just finding little goals made it more interesting.

I just hope I can get enough points for a piece of battledome gear.. IF they put one in the prize shop this year. i was HOPING for one last year, there were a few, but mostly lower level/power gear. :(

Thanks! I hope you can do well in your own rite in this year's AC! :D You're welcome, helping is what I'm mainly here for. As for training and battling, we do have several articles in the Battlepedia I can direct you to as well. :) I came up through the years budget battling, I still only have one Hidden Tower piece of Equipment, the Ghostkerbomb, which is a really good bomb-type item. The rest of my gear is pretty chincy, but effective for my needs and thanks to my training level. The Battlepedia also has info on all the past and present battledome opponents. So if you ever fight in any of the War of the Obelisk skirmishes, we have those too. Also, a recent addition is icons of the items you can receive as prizes for beating certain opponents in the Battledome. Great if you're looking for bottled faeries and various codestones for training. ;)

Anyway, enough rambling. Best of luck with your neo-endeavors! Feel free to friend me here if you like. I never do without asking first. ;) I try to check the forums once a day, or more. Have a good one. :)

Yeah, if I could stick to routines, I MIGHT be able to get that elusive 18th goal. Or heck, if I finished a YYB game 17-1 at least I'd know it was DOABLE. LOL But yeah, I'm pretty random about some stuff. ^^;

Yeah, as you might be able to tell from my gallery, I'm a BIG fan of the peophin. They remind me of the legendary Hippocampus, yep, same spelling as the part of the brain with the same name. Makes looking it up very tricky at times. Weeding through the medical websites in the search results. LOL I'd love a Peophin keyquest token. But that's highly unlikely. :(

Thanks! And trust me, the higher the number of your YYB games played goes, the easier it usually gets. If you're not checking the number every couple of games. ;) I'm a little quirky in that I screenshot and save every score of 10+. I think I started that to dispute scores not sending or something, then found it was a glitch and nothing they could do, so I guess I just kept doing it for my records, to see if I could improve, and then a couple years ago, I started looking at my goals per game average and started trying to improve there. Just finding little goals made it more interesting.

I just hope I can get enough points for a piece of battledome gear.. IF they put one in the prize shop this year. i was HOPING for one last year, there were a few, but mostly lower level/power gear. :(

Thanks! I hope you can do well in your own rite in this year's AC! :D You're welcome, helping is what I'm mainly here for. As for training and battling, we do have several articles in the Battlepedia I can direct you to as well. :) I came up through the years budget battling, I still only have one Hidden Tower piece of Equipment, the Ghostkerbomb, which is a really good bomb-type item. The rest of my gear is pretty chincy, but effective for my needs and thanks to my training level. The Battlepedia also has info on all the past and present battledome opponents. So if you ever fight in any of the War of the Obelisk skirmishes, we have those too. Also, a recent addition is icons of the items you can receive as prizes for beating certain opponents in the Battledome. Great if you're looking for bottled faeries and various codestones for training. ;)

Anyway, enough rambling. Best of luck with your neo-endeavors! Feel free to friend me here if you like. I never do without asking first. ;) I try to check the forums once a day, or more. Have a good one. :)

Cool gallery! My gallery is a little bit everywhere, but I think it fits me perfectly LOL. It's everywhere, just like me.

I'm constantly checking how many games I've played -- I can't help it. It's such a chore to me that I am counting down every single game until I can rank up! I think my highest ever score was 8-0 in YYB. Hm. Did the BD items last year cost a lot of prize points?

Ooh thanks for the tips. I need to check out which opponents drop which items. I always fight the Koi Warrior for codestones, but if there's someone who drops them more often, I'd like to know so I can switch opponents. Sure, I'll send you a friend request here ^_^. Thanks again for all the help and best of luck to you as well!

Thanks! I've still got a ways to go but I'm not shopping for my gallery for now. Trying to save up some NP. lol Your gallery seems to be mostly faerie items, with a few other item-types added in. Definitely some interesting items in there. :)

LOL I know, it can feel like each game takes so long that you want to check, but it just takes more time that way, and makes things feel slower. I used to check every one, or every couple too. I'm getting better about waiting longer to check, but it's still not 2nd nature to not look. lol

I don't battle the Koi Warrior, I've been trying to get Tekkitu to drop a Zed Codestone for ages now, so I can add that to his page. lol However, I have heard Koi Warrior is one of the most reliable opponents to farm codestones. I preferred the Jelly Chia myself. LOTS of "worthless" spooky food items, but he also has 2 stamps that he'll sometimes 'drop'. Though they are presently MUCH more buyable now than they used to be. LOL One is under 7k and the other is around 27k.

Friend request received. :)

Thanks and have a good day! :)