Boredom Strikes Again...

Guest VioletFlare

Guest VioletFlare

It kinda feels like there's nothing really exciting to do around the house. None of my friends are online to hang out, there's isn't really anything exciting going on in my 3DS games, and we have no money to go anywhere. I'd try to go swimming in the pool, but my brother's gonna end up coming in too and he's always a jerk even though he says he isn't going to be every time we go in there.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm not sure where you live, but you might consider taking walks in a nearby forest?

And as of inside ideas:

-Start watching a new tv show (some tips: Castle, Arrow, The Flash, The Mysteries of Laura, Once Upon A Time, Avatar: The Legend of Aang, Avatar: The Legend of Korra, Faking It, Gilmore Girls (it has Jared Padaleki as a 18-year old, and it's really really good), Agent Carter, How to Get Away with Murder, Sherlock, Teen Wolf, and I think that's about it... It became a bit more than 'some' tips...)

-Make a tumblr-account (if you aready have one, get back to playing it).

-Read some good fanfics on Archive of Our Own.

-Eat your sorrows away by baking some delicious pies/cakes/cookies/whatevers and eating them. Maybe consider bribing your jerky brother with them into doing stuff for you... (for food ideas, check on youtube: FoodTube, Cupcake Jemma, Donal Skehan (try this guy's grandmothers lamb-stew, it's heavenly, sooooo good))

-Watch educational videos on youtube: CrashCourse, SciShow, ViHart, this brilliant British lady who is a mathematics professor who combines maths with food (you'll get hungry), whose name I forgot, but as soon as I know it (I'll ask my mum, she showed me her videos)

-Read some good books (check this topic for recommendations).

-Hang out with your friends in real life (if that's an option, I'm not quite sure about your situation, but I'm just throwing it out there).

-Learn to knit or crochet (there's probably videos online for that), it's actually quite fun, and you can make your own scarves (like my homemade Gryffindor Scarf, I'm still planing on making a Hufflepuff, Slytherin and Ravenclaw one).

-Have a moviemarathon with yourself (some reccomendations: The Marvel Cinematic Universe movies (Iron Man, The Hulk, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man 2, Thor, The Avengers, Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Avengers: Age of Ultron), Kingsman, Into the Woods, some chickflicks if you're into that: Ella Enchanted, Legally Blonde, Enchanted, Princess Diaries 1 and 2: The Royal Engagement)

Okay, I'm out for now, seeing as I can't check my list of movies right now, but if you need more, don't hesitate to ask :D

EDIT: Okay, I found the name, it's on the youtube of the University of Sheffield, and there's only six videos (One, two, three, four, five and six)

I'd absolutely recommend a Tumblr. Watch people attach a surprisingly relevant Supernatural gif to everything. Haha!

But in all seriousness, everyone I've met on Tumblr is super nice. There's not only a lot of really cool content made by other people, but it inspires you to go out and create these things yourself. At least that's what happened to me. Since joining Tumblr I've started writing fanfiction and I just joined a Castiel graphics challenge.

Guest VioletFlare

I'd absolutely recommend a Tumblr. Watch people attach a surprisingly relevant Supernatural gif to everything. Haha!

But in all seriousness, everyone I've met on Tumblr is super nice. There's not only a lot of really cool content made by other people, but it inspires you to go out and create these things yourself. At least that's what happened to me. Since joining Tumblr I've started writing fanfiction and I just joined a Castiel graphics challenge.

I was actually in the progress of making a Tumblr a few days ago! :D I just need a good icon and maybe a little tagline you see on the tab when you go to a person's blog (I honestly forgot what it's called, sorry)

One of my goals for this summer is to make a layout for my Castiel/Misha SPN blog.

I made my own icon for my two blogs. So that's a good way to spend some time too. Although I think I'm going to make a new one for my SPN blog.

Guest VioletFlare

One of my goals for this summer is to make a layout for my Castiel/Misha SPN blog.

I made my own icon for my two blogs. So that's a good way to spend some time too. Although I think I'm going to make a new one for my SPN blog.

If it's not too much to ask, could I get a link to it? I'd really like to see it ^-^

Since you have a 3DS, have you tried that free to download/play Pokemon Rumble World? I find it pretty fun, though annoying at SOME times, like when you need to free some captured pokemon because you have too many. lol There IS a pay-aspect to it. Poke-diamonds you can earn, but also can be bought from the eShop while in-game. They don't look pricey, but I try to earn the diamonds I can from the daily challenges. Slower, but still reasonably fun. ;) It's the first pokemon game I've played in ages. lol

That's too bad about the pool. An old friend of mine who was always a little crazy, but get him in the water and the crazy-level would go up a few notches. lol Lots of splashing, dunking and a couple other annoyingly childish pranks, though at the time we WERE children so.. I don't know what you could DO to stop him from turning into an aqua-jerk.

You could just go for a walk, like Marae19 suggested, Nature abounds with interests, usually. ;)

Best of luck filling the boredom! Whatever you decide on, I hope it works!

Guest VioletFlare

Since you have a 3DS, have you tried that free to download/play Pokemon Rumble World? I find it pretty fun, though annoying at SOME times, like when you need to free some captured pokemon because you have too many. lol There IS a pay-aspect to it. Poke-diamonds you can earn, but also can be bought from the eShop while in-game. They don't look pricey, but I try to earn the diamonds I can from the daily challenges. Slower, but still reasonably fun. ;) It's the first pokemon game I've played in ages. lol

That's too bad about the pool. An old friend of mine who was always a little crazy, but get him in the water and the crazy-level would go up a few notches. lol Lots of splashing, dunking and a couple other annoyingly childish pranks, though at the time we WERE children so.. I don't know what you could DO to stop him from turning into an aqua-jerk.

You could just go for a walk, like Marae19 suggested, Nature abounds with interests, usually. ;)

Best of luck filling the boredom! Whatever you decide on, I hope it works!

Yep, already got Rumble World. It can be a pain in the behind sometimes when I'm low on diamonds, or when the little timer doesn't stop where I want it (Usually on a place where I already got all the Pokemon) but it's still pretty fun ^_^