Pet sayings random?

orangebright

Are the things that your pet says (in the sidebar) completely random? I always assumed they were, but lately they've been more and more pertinent. Shortly after I finished customizing my Grundo, he said "how can I show my face in the battledome like this?".

medium_preview.png

He may have a point (yes, that's a male ;) ), but I thought it was funny!

ETA: He is also my only battle pet. It always makes me smile seeing him go into battle like that, especially after he wins against an especially tough looking opponent. :)

Yes, I have noticed the same thing as well.

Haha he looks great!

I've been wondering about the pet sayings too lately, but I haven't had mine say anything as relevant as your example yet. Everytime one of my pets suggests something like a Tiki Tour or going to a concert I feel like they're giving me a hint that I will get lucky with a RE or something. Lol. Most of the time I just ignore it but I feel like I might miss out on something. :P

Also, for those of you who switch out your active pets often, do you notice a big difference in the occurence of pet sayings? I find my Wocky much more vocal than my other pets. She always has something to say!

I believe that once your pet has stats past a certain point (though I have no idea what that point is), they will start to say the battle-related random sayings. For example, only my battle pet ever says stuff like "When's the last time we visited the Techo master?" and "My arms are so puny they can't even hold an Attack Pea!" None of my other pets say those things.

So your grundo's saying that not because he thinks he's ugly (I think he looks great! xD), but because he's your battle pet, and he wants more training. ^_^

Also, the sayings seem to be completely random. I don't think they have any effect on RE's or anything whatsoever- though I could be wrong.

Thanks for all the replies!

I've noticed that since my pet's stats reached around the 100 mark, I've gotten more battle related sayings (mostly asking for strength training or if I know anyone who is up for a fight). He was not very vocal before, so I really noticed when all those sayings started popping up.

My Peophin and my Lenny are more vocal than the rest, but they mostly ask for games and tiki tours. I don't know if they are more vocal because of their personality or if that's random, too, but it's one of those little things that makes me smile.

Thanks for the compliments on the customization, too! :wub_anim: I've always admired the faerie Grundo, but I know I will never get one, so I got creative with the customization instead. This is his Valentines Day look, but I really like it, so I'm keeping it for a bit longer while I plan a more spring look.

Thanks for the compliments on the customization, too! :wub_anim: I've always admired the faerie Grundo, but I know I will never get one, so I got creative with the customization instead. This is his Valentines Day look, but I really like it, so I'm keeping it for a bit longer while I plan a more spring look.

Why do you think you will never get one? I always wanted a Faerie pet and had pretty much let go of that Neo dream after seeing how the PBs got even more expensive since I was last on the site. But then I got lucky with a rainbow dip after a Grey Faerie Quest. Don't give up!

Either way, he looks awesome. :)

One time I got an RE where the pet says "I haven't been trained in FOREVER." type thing and lost a stat point.. The irony? He was IN training while I got the RE. So unfair LOL.