Question about accounts

Dawnme

So, I have an account which I made a couple of years ago that I used as my main. But now I want to make a new main so I'll make my old one a side account. Is it alright if I earn trophies on my new main which I have already earned on my old one? I just want to make sure...I don't want to get frozen or anything. Thanks.

Here's a question from editorial 270

Hi TNT! I'm just asking -- can you change main accounts every month or so? Thanks! ~zbelac
Uh, no. This doesn't quite go along with the spirit we intended when we said you could change main accounts. While there is no definite number of times you can switch, we imagine it would be more like a one or two time thing. Basically, you may switch accounts if you feel serious about leaving an old account behind and starting anew or moving to one with a new name. This shouldn't be something done lightly, and please do your best to stay committed to your new main account. Randomly swapping back and forth all willy-nilly-like is basically using multiple accounts to play Neopets, which is not allowed. (Just because it's not every day doesn't mean it's okay.) We do realise that you may find a username you like better down the line and want to switch to that one, for example, so we're trying to accommodate by allowing you to switch. But make a decision. Pick one account and stick with it, eh?

(I know this is kind of an off topic editorial, but related) It's perfectly fine to switch accounts. Some people suggest a waiting period between switching, meaning no game play for a week or so. You can treat your new main the same as you treated your old main- collecting any trophies that you want. Just make sure you strictly treat your old main as a side. Good luck! I've never switched accounts :)

Thanks for the help :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please have at least seven words in your post.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Ruto if you have any questions regarding this action.