birthday bonus

Bloods_Mistress

The birthday theme doesn't give you extra luck or something. I believe it only increases the chance of a random event. So if you want a lot of random events, you can play games that need a lot of refreshing, like pyramid something (I can't recall the name right now) or Neoquest. Just do your normal dailies and maybe buy something nice for yourself.
I'd like to wish you a happy birthday already :)

I would not reschedule real life events to take advantage of any supposed increase in random events. My birthday was last month, and I honestly had better luck with REs when it wasn't my birthday, and I played Neopets about the same amount as normal. If you do have time, playing Pyramids, Sahkmet Solitare, Neggsweeper, or Neoquest are all really good for getting REs :) Good luck and happy birthday.

The birthday theme doesn't give you extra luck or something. I believe it only increases the chance of a random event. So if you want a lot of random events, you can play games that need a lot of refreshing, like pyramid something (I can't recall the name right now) or Neoquest. Just do your normal dailies and maybe buy something nice for yourself.

I'd like to wish you a happy birthday already :)

Pyramid Solitaire, also known as Pyramids. Other games that require a lot of refreshing are Neoquest, Neoquest II, Gormball, Dice-A-Roo, Bilge Dice, Scarab 21, Sakhmet Solitaire, Tyranu Evavu, Go! Go! Go!, Cheat, Neggsweeper, the original Snow Wars, Fetch, Sewage Surfer, Cellblock, Shapeshifter, Guess the Card, Neopoker, Round Table Poker, JubJub Blackjack, Cliffhanger and Double or Nothing.

I'd also like to wish you a happy birthday in advance, Bloods_Mistress. =)

Happy Early Birthday!

I would not reschedule real life events to take advantage of any supposed increase in random events. My birthday was last month, and I honestly had better luck with REs when it wasn't my birthday, and I played Neopets about the same amount as normal. If you do have time, playing Pyramids, Sahkmet Solitare, Neggsweeper, or Neoquest are all really good for getting REs :) Good luck and happy birthday.

This.

My birthday is in November. For the last 3-4 years, the birthday theme has seemed to work backwards for me. This year my birthday was a Sunday, so I played NQ2 and battled (for a skirmish) for about an hour. In half the time the day before, I had ~10 different REs. On my birthday, I didn't have a single one. It's been 4 years without a single RE on my birthday (besides 1 occurrence of the Neobadge RE), even though I've played games and tried for REs. It's become a bit of a running joke at this point; on my birthday I play "how long can I play on Neopets without a single RE?"

So... I would suggest planning your birthday as you would like. If you have time to do Neo (or want to schedule some as a birthday treat for yourself), go for it, and follow the suggestions above for lots of site clicks. But if you don't have time, just tell yourself you didn't miss anything, anyway. (Or maybe you missed a bad RE -- it increases their chances, too.)

[...]

So... I would suggest planning your birthday as you would like. If you have time to do Neo (or want to schedule some as a birthday treat for yourself), go for it, and follow the suggestions above for lots of site clicks. But if you don't have time, just tell yourself you didn't miss anything, anyway. (Or maybe you missed a bad RE -- it increases their chances, too.)

(Emphasis mine)

Indeed, something that's important to keep in mind when playing a lot of the many-refreshes-games like I do. Put close to all of your money in the bank (I tend to keep roughly 10-20x initial fee of whatever game I'm playing on hand if the game I'm playing has such a fee, or nothing if it doesn't) and all your items in your SDB, then put a pet you don't mind being targeted by a RE as active. When you win items or money, whether from the game or a RE? Yup, put them safe. (For money, generally, whenever I have 1k + 5 times initial fee, I put the 1k in bank. Items, immediately.)

I tend to hit around 30 REs or more from time to time when I play a lot of those refreshing games. Pretty sure it would be even more if there actually were items in my inventory to lose.

P.S. If this post double-posts, my apologies. It glitched out on posting first time and visiting the thread from another tab didn't show my post, so I suspect it simply didn't go through, but if it somehow got caught up in a hickup or lag and shows up later, 'pologies.

ah, well I am not sure we are going to do anything ANYWAY, because the whole house is in a cleaning blitz because our landlord is coming for inspection thursday.

darn, I had heard it increased your luck : / ah well, still random events are fun, even the bad ones XD