Unread books

the_lady_j

I've recently noticed that changing the language so that your pet will read a book doesn't work for me anymore. Does anybody know if this is a problem since the transition? Or even if *gasp* it's been changed this way on purpose?

I know there's still big issues -- *cough* KeyQuest, Battledome *cough* -- and some random minor ones like loading Coconut Shy, or user info icons, duplicate items, etc. -- but this was new to me. So if anyone's already addressed this issue, I apologize -- and if so, could you please point me in the right direction?

Say what?! You were able to do that before T_T why did I not know this :(

MMmmm.... yes. Maybe someone can explain this better than me, but it has something to do with how many characters are in your pets name. If it matches the number of characters in the book title, then they won't want to read it. By changing the language in your browser, you're basically trying to change the number of characters in the book title thereby allowing your pet to read it. But I've had several books now that no matter how many characters in whatever language -- including the Japanese and Chinese symbols -- won't work anymore. I'm saving these books in my SDB for now, but it would be nice to know if my pet will EVER be able to read them.

Yes, I have noticed this since the transition too. I have also noticed that after a few days, they may read them. But they may never read them. I have tried books that my pet wouldn't read before and it has read them on a different day. But changing the language doesn't work at this time.

I've recently noticed that changing the language so that your pet will read a book doesn't work for me anymore. Does anybody know if this is a problem since the transition? Or even if *gasp* it's been changed this way on purpose?

Wow, this might be the one glitch which has not yet happened to me and I sure hope it doesn't happen ever. I can't afford it! :sad02:

Did the glitch happen with UB books costing more than 500K NPs or were they very old books?

In the past few weeks, I read a bunch of books to my Pet and had no problem the few times I had to switch the language.

Apparently it's browser related. If you use Chrome and the language trick doesn't try, try another browser.

I came looking to see if anyone else was having this issue after trying every language with no luck .... After changing from chrome to fire fox, first language change worked.

Thank you!!!