What individual roles do your pets have?

lovedwallflower

I was looking through my pets today and I realised that some of them have no function (apart from looking pretty) and wanted to make one up for them.

These are the "roles" my pets have:

- active

- lab rat

- fishing
- reader

- battle pet

Is there something I'm missing?

Well, for YEARS I only had one pet (seriously, YEARS) so choco takes mosts roles at the moment:

choconanamilkshake - who is fishing, reading, gourmet & batledome. (He used to be BC too, but kougras is a seriously competitive field!)

Liddioa - active, customisation (will be entered in the BC until she gets at least one trophy, but as a Xwee, I'm not looking to fight out that category either)

Rukuia - waiting to have BGC attached. sometimes labpet.

Adyyn - BC. (I'm actually kinda' ok at drawing jubjubs)

Aarune - labpet.

Bouscat - awaiting design.

Lopped - awaiting design.

I have some pets who I do love, but can't connect with, so looking to trade (I hate the term trading fodder, but I know that's technically what they are)

I only have one pet, Ngyrena, she is the one for reading, fishing, active, battledome (in progress, right now she only battles for the obelisk, let's say I don't have the patience for the glitches of the battledome). Although I'm not much for customization, I do like painted pets (and some petpets), so I painted her with my favorite colour for Ogrin. Also since yesterday I'm in the process to buy the Secret Laboratory Map (too expensive), and then I will adopt pets, change their colour to one I like and give them for adoption.

Well, Sandrea, my Aisha was my "first born" so to speak, and Casura was my second, so naturally, they are my pride and joy on Neo. Casura is mainly the one "looking pretty" as my dream pet was a Faerie Ixi. Sandrea is a jack of all trades, and my first pick for everything. Sandrea has the highest stats, making her the sole major battle pet (unless I wish to lose a battle quickly for a plot achievement or something), she also has the highest intelligence, the highest fishing skill, the most faerie abilities, and the most desirable resume in the Faerie Employment office. Naturally, nearly every outside story I get inspired to write is about Sandrea in particular.

Casura has the second highest fishing skill and intelligence, but the weakest stats. She's not really a fighter, and she's only done a couple of jobs at the Faerie Employment office, but I believe Casura to be the most easy on the eyes out of all of my pets, however, Casura's petpets are the main ones that get zapped with the petpet lab ray before heading back into Grave Danger.

Alu was adopted from the pound and is considered to be the "break-even" of the pets. Alu has higher stats than Casura, but somewhat less intelligence, faerie abilities, and job experience. Alu is formally my lab rat, as when she turned into a female Xweetok, I decided to stop and keep her that way. In a sense, Alu is still a "lab rat" because Alu is always the active one when I do anything regarding the Coincidence. If Sandrea were to lose any battle stats, I would seriously flip tables. Under no circumstance is Sandrea to lose any stats, so it's a toss-up between Alu and Casura, mostly being Alu as far as that goes.

Alu also is the "break-even" when it comes to other areas of chance. For example, the wheels, apple bobbing, and the Expellibox... those places offer a chance to where hit points could be lost or illnesses can be had. Alu is usually the one on the line for this as well because it's a point of keeping Sandrea as healthy as possible in order for her to do her battles in the BD. Usually, Alu is fine during these events, but should she get sick, she gets cured as soon as possible. I just avoid Sandrea from it because I have a bad habit of forgetting to make sure she doesn't get sick as my most likely active pet from day to day. Nonetheless, I dislike it greatly if any of my pets are hurt, sick, hungry, or anything less than delighted.

Look at it like this. Casura would be a district office manager of a corporation, whereas Alu would be the office President, but Sandrea would be the Executive CEO and absolute boss of the corporation. It's like that. :)

Dariganto is my battle pet, and has the highest intelligent.

Both Umo and Dohuay are training, and Dohuay is my 'ha ha, my pet is better than yours' pet.

Iverx is a labbie, and Argulid is my 'i-need-a-buzz-for-the-avvie-oh-wait-he's-cute-imma-keep-em' pet. I zap him sometimes?

I only have one pet, so I guess (s)he's all the roles to me - active, lab rat, fishing, reader (not very actively, just cheap books I happen across), battle pet, customized (with all green things), ...

When I decide I'm done zapping him (her at the moment), I'll start adopting random pets from the pound to zap into good colors that will actually get adopted.

Other than that, I agree with SiuKingBon , I don't see any need for more than one pet

Well, Sandrea, my Aisha was my "first born" so to speak, and Casura was my second, so naturally, they are my pride and joy on Neo. Casura is mainly the one "looking pretty" as my dream pet was a Faerie Ixi. Sandrea is a jack of all trades, and my first pick for everything. Sandrea has the highest stats, making her the sole major battle pet (unless I wish to lose a battle quickly for a plot achievement or something), she also has the highest intelligence, the highest fishing skill, the most faerie abilities, and the most desirable resume in the Faerie Employment office. Naturally, nearly every outside story I get inspired to write is about Sandrea in particular.

Casura has the second highest fishing skill and intelligence, but the weakest stats. She's not really a fighter, and she's only done a couple of jobs at the Faerie Employment office, but I believe Casura to be the most easy on the eyes out of all of my pets, however, Casura's petpets are the main ones that get zapped with the petpet lab ray before heading back into Grave Danger.

Alu was adopted from the pound and is considered to be the "break-even" of the pets. Alu has higher stats than Casura, but somewhat less intelligence, faerie abilities, and job experience. Alu is formally my lab rat, as when she turned into a female Xweetok, I decided to stop and keep her that way. In a sense, Alu is still a "lab rat" because Alu is always the active one when I do anything regarding the Coincidence. If Sandrea were to lose any battle stats, I would seriously flip tables. Under no circumstance is Sandrea to lose any stats, so it's a toss-up between Alu and Casura, mostly being Alu as far as that goes.

Alu also is the "break-even" when it comes to other areas of chance. For example, the wheels, apple bobbing, and the Expellibox... those places offer a chance to where hit points could be lost or illnesses can be had. Alu is usually the one on the line for this as well because it's a point of keeping Sandrea as healthy as possible in order for her to do her battles in the BD. Usually, Alu is fine during these events, but should she get sick, she gets cured as soon as possible. I just avoid Sandrea from it because I have a bad habit of forgetting to make sure she doesn't get sick as my most likely active pet from day to day. Nonetheless, I dislike it greatly if any of my pets are hurt, sick, hungry, or anything less than delighted.

Look at it like this. Casura would be a district office manager of a corporation, whereas Alu would be the office President, but Sandrea would be the Executive CEO and absolute boss of the corporation. It's like that. :)

Awesome long answer! I love long answers to things (probably why I'm addicted to reading the NT) so this was a fun read.

Do you do gourmet with any of your pets?

Whats the point of having multiple pets for different roles? I just started a month ago and I have only got my one pet.

I would strongly suggest that you stick with one pet for a while, it's a good way to concentrate your playing.

But multiple pets can be lots of fun, especially if you enjoy trading/zapping pets.

I wish I hadn't read AND feed one pet, and picked one for each, but it's also really useful to have one pet that you put all your energy into.

The best thing to do with neopets is to find the corner of neopets that you love, because there's a LOT to do here.

I have one battle pet and one brainiac (reader), don't have a lab map and haven't gotten into gourmet foods or anything like that yet. Those are the only two permanents on my main; the rest are on side accounts so don't have specific neo-related "roles", but all have [yet to be posted] backstories. :)

I finally got the Secret Laboratory Map, so from now on, I'll be having temporal pets for that use. Yesterday I had a Grarrl that I adopted, the Lab painted shadow and I gave him for adoption. Today I have other pet (adopted too), but I haven't take him to the Lab yet.

I'm in the same boat as many of you...I do everything with my main pet. Now that I think about it, why do I even have 3 pets? :P

The other 2 used to be lab rats, but I was hoping for some stat increases for my main - now my boy korbat is a male mynci...so I guess he'll keep getting zapped. I like having the other 2, but definitely focus my energy on just the one. I used to fish with all 3, but am usually too lazy/don't care enough to switch them over.

Besides, my main's name is BarryBadrinath, and if you watch Broken Lizard movies, you would know what an awesome name that is. :) He's probably the only neopet I've had in my 14ish years on the site that I would miss if he poofed into thin air or something.

My Skeith is for fishing and reading.

I have a fostered pet from the Pound that is for zapping, then will be returned to the Pound. It is also used for Apple Bobbing.

The other two are used for Grave Danger.

I hate to admit it, but my Lupe is definitely my favourite.
He is my active pet and the one I do basically everything with. He is the one that my training focuses on as he is my battle pet. He is also the one I read to whenever I happen to come across a new book. He is also the one that I take on jobs for the employment agency.
All of my pets go fishing, but apart from that, the other four are basically just there to look pretty.

I am aiming to eventually get the lab map, but won’t be zapping my Lupe as I don’t want to risk his gender or species being changed.