Some general questions.

CherryGrass

Hi there :)

I just had a few things I was curious about on Neopets, I'm wondering if anyone could help me with the answers?

• What is silencing? What happens when you're silenced?
  • How do you choose which faction to join? Is it just pure luck which one will win or are there actual reasons for choosing?
  • Is it worth entering the art gallery? I'd really love to draw a picture to enter, but when I look at the pictures other people have sent, they're all so much better than I could ever do so I'm not sure if it's worth doing or not.
  • What about contests? Again, looking at other people's customizations etc. they all look amazing compared to mine.

Thank you if anyone could answer any of these questions :)

And if you have any tips for the contests/gallery then that would also be much appreciated!

Silencings occur after you've been warned a number of times or if you really break the rules on the forums. If you're silenced you can't post on the boards, edit your lookup, or enter anything in the wishlist on your trades.

I'm not sure on joining factions, sometimes there are boards on the Battledome or Avatar chat where people post what they're joining...but I don't know how accurate that is.

Silencing is an action taken by TNT to punish someone for breaking the rules. It can either be for a set amount of time or you can be perma-silenced, short for permanent silence. You can do everything normally except, as Mumtup mentioned, accessing the Neoboards,neomail, editing content pages, or any possible way you can think of where you could customize a message to another player. It's like having an under-13 account.

Factions have different boons they offer, and some have much better boons than others. Seekers and Sway have the bank bribery boon, so tons of people will join those factions and they're pretty much guaranteed to win with the support of the Battledome Chat. BD Chat doesn't really care for the avatars (they're BDers, after all), so that's why the Brutes/Thieves avatars are difficult to get.

I don't personally enter the art gallery or customization contests, and not to sound facetious, but there's no harm in trying :) If you don't get in / win, get feedback from a friend about improving and try again!

Silencing is an action taken by TNT to punish someone for breaking the rules. It can either be for a set amount of time or you can be perma-silenced, short for permanent silence. You can do everything normally except, as Mumtup mentioned, accessing the Neoboards,neomail, editing content pages, or any possible way you can think of where you could customize a message to another player. It's like having an under-13 account.

Factions have different boons they offer, and some have much better boons than others. Seekers and Sway have the bank bribery boon, so tons of people will join those factions and they're pretty much guaranteed to win with the support of the Battledome Chat. BD Chat doesn't really care for the avatars (they're BDers, after all), so that's why the Brutes/Thieves avatars are difficult to get.

I don't personally enter the art gallery or customization contests, and not to sound facetious, but there's no harm in trying :) If you don't get in / win, get feedback from a friend about improving and try again!

THIS explains why my daughter doesn't have a wishlist box on the TP. Because hers is an under-13 account. OK. Gotcha.

Thank you guys for your answers :) I understand a bit better now!

I decided to join the Awakened faction...purely because it looks cooler than the other two xD

I guess I might as well try a contest or enter the gallery, it's not like I'd lose anything if I don't win :)