Lately games have been freezing my browser

raelilphil

In the last week, I have been experiencing issues with the neopets site. It has been moving very slowly and often freezing completely. I have switched browsers and it doesn't help. It isn't my Internet, because everything else is fine, including other websites that use flash player. Anyone else experiencing this, or more importantly, knows how to fix it?

In the last week, I have been experiencing issues with the neopets site. It has been moving very slowly and often freezing completely. I have switched browsers and it doesn't help. It isn't my Internet, because everything else is fine, including other websites that use flash player. Anyone else experiencing this, or more importantly, knows how to fix it?

yep, been experiencing it for a while now. Eventually it will tell me that I am not connected to the internet, however my internet connection is fine and neopets is the only site I have these issues with. I was also having issues with viruses from the site, but they must have solved the issue as others were having that issue too and I am no longer having those issues. I think their ads cause a lot of the problems.

If the problem comes from ads, then follow our tutorial to block them. (Check here for the guide you need.)

You could also run a virus scan to make sure there isn't anything wrong with your computer per say. Other than that, I'm not sure. ^^

Okay, I had this problem very recently in that whenever I ran Habitarium or sat on any neopets page for over 10 minutes (or roughly the amount of time I spend on any flash game on the site), my entire browser would freeze up and even cause issues with my computer running other applications. I'd have to force quit my browser (tried this on firefox & Opera, and it was the same issue on both).

I decided to give blocking all the ads a go - which I was hesitant about because ads = money to Neo, but yeah, as it turned out it was the ads that was causing me all of the grief. Now I can leave my Habi running without any lag or freezing so definitely try blocking them and see if it solves the problem for you as well. :)

Yeah chances are it's the ads... after so long a period, the ads on neopets refresh and it gathers data from a certain ad site which causes my entire computer to freeze when it's in standby/on for a while. When I go to do anything after a while, it takes a good 5 minutes before my computer registers anything and I can hear it loading like crazy.

Try noscript. I use it now and, like I said above, no more problems. ^_^

It's probably the ads-the same thing used to happen to me before I started blocking them, then suddenly Neo ran fine for me. I feel kind of bad but I'm sure Neopets makes plenty of money from the people who don't block ads...also from Neocash. :p