Make-over: do or don't?

erato_

So, I've been wanting to give Feline a make-over for quite a while now, since I want her to have a more original Faerie look.
But now that I've actually figured out a complete look I've started doubting and am getting scared that I'll regret having painted her.

This is the look I have in mind:
zyg12e.jpg
I call it The Dreamstress, it's wordplay on "dream" and "seamstress" because the theme I had in mind when I started working on this was something like the sandman, but then more faery-ish.

And this is what she looks like now:
27xp5cy.jpg
It's not that I hate the look, but it's so plain imo. I haven't found any clothes I like because the green collar is bothering me so much. It usually hides the prettiest parts of the clothes.
She's a real dreamie kind of pet, with a little bit of a "peace and love" attitude. And I don't like clothing to overrule the picture, as you can see with the other pets on my main.
Does anyone have any ideas on how I might spice up this look in case I really can't bring myself to give her a new look?

Anyhow, this leads me to my main question; make-over do or don't?

Your current customization is kinda plain, but you could easily spice it up with a nice dress. The new customization is nicer than the one you have right now (since it doesn't look plain), but if the only problem here is that the ruff annoys you, then you could always remove the ruff! ;) Here's a few slightly altered version of both your customizations with the collar/ruff removed (click on the images to see them on DTI):

medium_preview.pngmedium_preview.png

The Golden Key Necklace (still available for purchase in the NC Mall), Snow Queen Necklace and Colourful Mootix Scarf are a few examples of items that remove the ''ruff'' some pets have.

My suggestion is that if you're tired of her current customization, change her, but if you could still like the way she looks with just a few changes and want to spend your NC Cash and/or neopoints on something else keep her the way she is.

I am in love with the top customization! :O something about the purple/yellow black/white combination is really appealing to me. Plus the character. And I think the black fur collar looks really good with the clothes. but that's not to say I don't like the other custom. Because I like that one too! But I'm a big fan of the dreamstress :D

Your current customization is kinda plain, but you could easily spice it up with a nice dress. The new customization is nicer than the one you have right now (since it doesn't look plain), but if the only problem here is that the ruff annoys you, then you could always remove the ruff! ;) Here's a few slightly altered version of both your customizations with the collar/ruff removed (click on the images to see them on DTI):

medium_preview.pngmedium_preview.png

The Golden Key Necklace (still available for purchase in the NC Mall), Snow Queen Necklace and Colourful Mootix Scarf are a few examples of items that remove the ''ruff'' some pets have.

My suggestion is that if you're tired of her current customization, change her, but if you could still like the way she looks with just a few changes and want to spend your NC Cash and/or neopoints on something else keep her the way she is.

Thanks for the idea. I had actually thought of a scarf or necklace, but I should have mentioned that I am really not for NC Trading as I think it's basically ripping people off to ask for two or three GBC for an item you paid max 250 NC for, or something else worth far more. The items used for The Dreamstress are all NC items I already own. And with that look the collar doesn't bother as much, only with her current look.

There are just practically no cute NP items that fit Feline's current look and most of the necklaces I've found and liked just disappear under the collar.

Sorry for being such a pain, because I really liked your idea for the current look :)

Edit: I took your advice on the Golden Key Necklace because it's so delicate and barely even there. And I think I've found some items I can work with! :D

I might convert one of my other, less favoured, pets to a Xwee and give her the Dreamstress look :3. Win-win-win.

Thanks for the idea. I had actually thought of a scarf or necklace, but I should have mentioned that I am really not for NC Trading as I think it's basically ripping people off to ask for two or three GBC for an item you paid max 250 NC for, or something else worth far more. The items used for The Dreamstress are all NC items I already own. And with that look the collar doesn't bother as much, only with her current look.

There are just practically no cute NP items that fit Feline's current look and most of the necklaces I've found and liked just disappear under the collar.

Sorry for being such a pain, because I really liked your idea for the current look :)

Edit: I took your advice on the Golden Key Necklace because it's so delicate and barely even there. And I think I've found some items I can work with! :D

I might convert one of my other, less favoured, pets to a Xwee and give her the Dreamstress look :3. Win-win-win.

​Glad I could be of help! :D Good you found some items you could work with that doesn't require you to trade for them. If you convert some of your other pets to give her the Dreamstress look both your Xweetoks will look great, a win-win-win situation indeed. ;) I still have to figure out a customization for my own Xweetok, but it's hard when you're not into NC Trading. The reason you mentioned is exactly the same one I've not yet tried out NC trading; I feel like I'm wasting my money trading for overpriced items I couldn't get when they were first released. Other games have an in-game economy that works an awful lot better than Neopets' and doesn't make you feel like you're being ripped off when purchasing something, like e.g. TERA's in-game economy. You can buy items from the in-game store with real money, but you can also get retired items from other players with in-game gold you get by killing mobs and doing quests, so there's no real money on the line unless you want to spend your money on vanity items! and that's great. I've also seen somewhere else a game with a well developed in-game economy, but I put that example since it is ''Free to Play'' like Neopets and the vanity items/wearables are just an added bonus to the players and a way for En Masse/Neopets to make some extra cash, without including the money they get from elite/premium players. TNT should go with the times and create a more well-developed in-game economy that combines Neopoints, Neocash and NC item trading in a more efficient way. It would probably encourage more players to purchase those Random Number Generator NC items, since it wouldn't be such a pain to get rid of the items you don't want... . They should also merge the inventory space you have across all the accounts you own (at least for premium users...) since I find it ridiculous that you have to purchase Gift Boxes to send some of your NC items from one of your accounts to another one of your accounts. :/ Sorry for the slightly off-topic rant, I couldn't stop myself from typing that down... . TNT, if you read this, it's about time you change it!!!