Nay for Water Problems :(

WhiteWolf

I got back from vacation to find that the hose- which was used by the people pressure cleaning my row of houses- was still running. Technically, it was shut off, but for some reason, the water was still running out of it. This little dilemma had gone unchecked for the week I had been home. (Hello, high water bill!)

Believe it or not, I got a plumber out here on a Saturday afternoon, The water was turned off, and the outdoor faucet was replaced. Total cost? $187.50. The water is back on, and I'm relieved it's over.

After this little incident, I think I'll order pizza. I'm not in the mood to cook after this.

You totally deserve pizza!

(We don't pay for our water here, but I'm familiar with the concept from back in the days we were visiting my grandparents in Florida.)

I *was* going to order pizza. I foolishly asked my fiance if he could have anything for dinner, what would it be? He told me he wanted my chicken fingers. Care to guess what's in my oven right now? lol After this afternoon, he deserves to get whatever he wants for dinner.

Ah! Now pizza sounds delicious. My house had a similar problem happen except we came home to find out that not only was the hose left on, it had been left running right next to the foundation of my house so the basement in that area was flooded and mildewy. Yuck yuck! Hope your water bill isn't too bad!

First, I was one vacation for two weeks. Who knows how long that hose has been going like that! The bill wasn't as bad as it could have been if I had called on Sunday. Right now, I'm waiting for the pizza to come.

Ugh. I remember a pipe being busted on our water heater and we didn't notice it until a $300 water bill came :P

I'm glad that's behind you, but it's never fun to have to pay so much for utilities, especially if you didn't use it >_< Pizza is definitely well deserved. I wish pizza places also delivered chocolate cake or something lol

Ugh. I remember a pipe being busted on our water heater and we didn't notice it until a $300 water bill came :P

I'm glad that's behind you, but it's never fun to have to pay so much for utilities, especially if you didn't use it >_< Pizza is definitely well deserved. I wish pizza places also delivered chocolate cake or something lol

Dominos used to serve a chocolate lava cake that could be delivered too. It was delicious late night college food when I went to university. Not the most ritzy of pizzas but it did the trick and the cheesy bread was delicious!!! (And not even remotely nutritious.)