Neomail Warning from TNT?

golf43

I got a warning from Neopets that said: Warning Predetermining wins, skipping turns in KeyQuest to avoid pow

The message said: Predetermining wins, skipping turns in KeyQuest to avoid power-ups played on you, or quitting games to avoid losing IS considered cheating and against the rules. If you are caught cheating in any way your account can be frozen.

I have no idea what they're talking about. I did post this on the Neoboards: http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=156181423&next=1#bottom (obviously I'm golf43) But I never actually did it. I think someone reported me or something. What's going on?

Unfortunately someone may have reported you based on posting that or someone you played a game with reported you for doing something else. From what I've seen on the boards etc. it seems like a lot of people get warned/frozen over KQ. If you want a completely safe game I would recommend playing with neofriends.

Yes indeed what Brianna says is true. Always play KQ with friends you trust. It's both safe and more fun! Remember that TNT's laziness makes it very very easy to get frozen incorrectly but a pain to get unfrozen due to an incorrect freeze.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not use curse words in your posts. These have been removed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

You could also play with people from the forums :) We're all pretty nice! I know there is a list floating around somewhere of those who play - I will see if I can find the link for the thread.

I've seen people get warnings for discussing this exact thing before, however their posts always poofed. After posting that, did you in fact go ahead and play that way with someone anyhow? They do have human monitors and someone who saw the post may then have looked at your games and concluded you did something wrong (not in what you posted, or the posts would be gone, but in your actual gameplay).

I got that too! I did exit out of a game once, but it was because I was at work and my boss decided to ask me to run an errand for her. I submitted a ticket and while I'm sure it's not going to do anything, it was worth a try.

Edit: Meanwhile, I have had multiple people skip out right as I was about to win and so far nothing has happened to them, which sucks because I was literally one tile away from winning one time.

This is exactly why I don't play KeyQuest in the first place. My little computer sucks, and my browser frequently freezes and quits on me for no reason. The fact that something like that can happen beyond my control and I can possibly get reported and frozen for it really makes me mad. It's stupid. For a person who put so much hard work into their account to get reported by report-happy jerks over something as dumb as KeyQuest and possibly lose their account forever is asinine and really something trivial on TNT's part in my opinion.

Yeah it seems like KeyQuest can cause quite a bit of trouble. I usually just try to find a trusty neofriend to play with because I know I can trust them. Even mentioning cheating on neopets seems to cause problems, that's why I never use the neoboards.