Jpop/Kpop?

Guest awkwardnormalcy

Guest awkwardnormalcy

Is there anyone here who likes Jpop or Kpop (or both?) I fell out of the fandoms but I have recently been creeping back in.I was a huge fan of Morning Musume, F(x), Shinee, Namie Amuro, B.E.G and 2ne1 for the most part.

Does anyone else here enjoy this music as well and want to spazz together? :D I hope so, hobbies are always more fun with other people, as the TDN Forums demonstrate!

Also, and I hope no one thinks this is weird or anything, I used to be somewhat involved in writing Kpop and Jpop fanfiction, in fact I was the only person I knew of that was writing that sort of crossover. Mostly Shinee/Morning Musume, thinking about getting back into it though.

Does anyone else read Jpop or Kpop fanfiction? I found it a little weird at first but ended up getting sucked into it (like I did with Harry Potter fics >.>)

Edited by awkwardnormalcy

Yes, I love Jpop of various kinds! :headphone: I've also been a fan of Morning Musume for about 15 years and follow all the Hello!Project groups extensively. I am not as updated about Kpop, but I particularly enjoy Turtles (거북이).

I started listening to jpop after discovering anime and OP/ED's, which lead to a lot of Hamasaki Ayumi & BoA's japanese music. For a while it was the only thing I listened to, and then friends from various MMO's talked about kdrama's & kpop which turned me on to that.

I love so many groups/artists but I guess if i had to pick favorites, at the moment I'm listening to a lot of Akdong Musician, Apink, SNSD, and B2ST.

I wouldn't really say I'm a fan of Jpop/Kpop, but I'm do listen to them quite often. I mainly listen to Shinee and Girl's Generation. My favorite songs (or the songs I listen to most) are Hello (Shinee) & Gee (Girl's Generation)!!

They are so addictive!! :happydance:

And, just like Stebenjos, I only began listening to Jpop after listening to the openings of many animes. After listening to Jpop, it was not long until I discovered Kpop. (:

I used to be really into Jpop, mostly discovering artists through anime themes. I liked L'Arc~En~Ciel and Cool Joke for a time, then Yui. I've heard some Kpop songs, and the artists I know of (but not actually listen to that much) are Big Bang, ShiNEE, Girls Generation, and Super Junior.

Guest awkwardnormalcy

Yes, I love Jpop of various kinds! :headphone: I've also been a fan of Morning Musume for about 15 years and follow all the Hello!Project groups extensively. I am not as updated about Kpop, but I particularly enjoy Turtles (거북이).

That is awesome! Morning Musume fans are sometimes hard to find tbh. I was a very very diligent fan from just before Chokkan 2 was released to about last year. I still freak out if anyone touches my Special Edition Anniversay collection though, and if I'm being honest they started losing me a little once Junjun and Linlin left, they never got treated right and then were just sort of kicked out without the amazing ceremony most girls got./rant

Who are your favorite members?

I use to listen to Morning Musume a lot when I was a teenager. Nowdays I don't anymore since I don't watch any j or k-dramas. I still have all of my Utada Hikaru and Namie Amuro stuff along with La Corda D'oro OSTs (mostly for the classical music).

Guest awkwardnormalcy

I love kpop. I'm a little less into Jpop though.

I like the K-hiphop or whatever you want to call it.

My favorite groups/artists are

Leessang, Epik High, B.A.P, A-Pink, 2ne1, SHINee, Lee Hyori, AbeMao, Skull&Haha and EXO.

I loved Lee Hyori's Chitty Chitty Bang Bang album (or whatever the actual title of the album was) and I thought a lot of American fans were too harsh on it. Then again there was the scandal that followed. I haven't seen anything from Lessang, abeMao, or Skull&Haha, i'll have to look them up.

Favorite Shinee and 2ne1 songs?

I use to listen to Morning Musume a lot when I was a teenager. Nowdays I don't anymore since I don't watch any j or k-dramas. I still have all of my Utada Hikaru and Namie Amuro stuff along with La Corda D'oro OSTs (mostly for the classical music).

Namie Amuro is awesome, she was my first J-artist I bought an album for and it continues to be one of my top albums ever (Japanese and non) which was Queen of Hip-Pop. What were your favorite J or K Dramas?

I wouldn't really say I'm a fan of Jpop/Kpop, but I'm do listen to them quite often. I mainly listen to Shinee and Girl's Generation. My favorite songs (or the songs I listen to most) are Hello (Shinee) & Gee (Girl's Generation)!!

They are so addictive!! :happydance:

And, just like Stebenjos, I only began listening to Jpop after listening to the openings of many animes. After listening to Jpop, it was not long until I discovered Kpop. (:

Agreed! Even the songs I don't want to like (like the ones that are not exactly empowering for women *cough* Genie *cough*) are still so catchy that I keep listening to them! I've been more impressed with SNSD recently, Since RDR they've come out with less ~fawning over in love~ music, and they are my favorite girl group dance wise. I love watching Dance Battles with them

I used to be really into Jpop, mostly discovering artists through anime themes. I liked L'Arc~En~Ciel and Cool Joke for a time, then Yui. I've heard some Kpop songs, and the artists I know of (but not actually listen to that much) are Big Bang, ShiNEE, Girls Generation, and Super Junior.

Do you have any favorite Kpop songs? I got into the Pillows and Tamaki Nami through anime themes, and Gackt somewhat, I've never heard of Cool Joke, I'll have to look them up~

Do you have any favorite Kpop songs? I got into the Pillows and Tamaki Nami through anime themes, and Gackt somewhat, I've never heard of Cool Joke, I'll have to look them up~

I remember liking "Sorry Sorry" by SuJu, and that one by Girls Generation that's like... "I Got a Boy"? I think that's what it's called, but they pause in the middle of the song and go "Stop, lemme put it down another way" before some really fun dancing happens.

Cool Joke did one of the FMA themes, but that was ages ago. It was for the first incarnation of the anime, not Brotherhood.

Guest awkwardnormalcy

I remember liking "Sorry Sorry" by SuJu, and that one by Girls Generation that's like... "I Got a Boy"? I think that's what it's called, but they pause in the middle of the song and go "Stop, lemme put it down another way" before some really fun dancing happens.

Cool Joke did one of the FMA themes, but that was ages ago. It was for the first incarnation of the anime, not Brotherhood.

Like the more rocky/angry theme or the sad one? I just finished watching like the first three seasons but I don't remember the names of the songs but I liked all of them. Now I definitely have to youtube them after work!

I'm not familiar with that song, I will look it up though because of like SNSD's dancing, though I can only listen to their cutsey songs so much. At least there singing is a lot better than some other girl groups though!

Like the more rocky/angry theme or the sad one? I just finished watching like the first three seasons but I don't remember the names of the songs but I liked all of them. Now I definitely have to youtube them after work!

I'm not familiar with that song, I will look it up though because of like SNSD's dancing, though I can only listen to their cutsey songs so much. At least there singing is a lot better than some other girl groups though!

I would call it rock/angry? Maybe? It's this one. :D

I will admit though, the sheer size of the music groups throws me off a bit. I guess I'm more used to groups that have maybe 5 or 6 members at best, so the dozen or so members of SuJu or GG is unusual to me.

I loved Lee Hyori's Chitty Chitty Bang Bang album (or whatever the actual title of the album was) and I thought a lot of American fans were too harsh on it. Then again there was the scandal that followed. I haven't seen anything from Lessang, abeMao, or Skull&Haha, i'll have to look them up.

Favorite Shinee and 2ne1 songs?

I really like Dazzling Girl, Everybody and 혜야 (Y Si Fuera Ella) from SHINee.

From 2ne1 my favorites are Go Away and Missing You. But I am really loving Come Back Home.

You should look up Tears by Leessang and Donam-Dong by Skull&Haha.

Free and Motto by AbeMao are my favorites by her.

I really like Dazzling Girl, Everybody and 혜야 (Y Si Fuera Ella) from SHINee.

From 2ne1 my favorites are Go Away and Missing You. But I am really loving Come Back Home.

You should look up Tears by Leessang and Donam-Dong by Skull&Haha.

Free and Motto by AbeMao are my favorites by her.

I like a few of Leessangs songs (Pursuit of Happiness/I'm Not Really Laughing). I found out about them watching Running Man, Gary (from Leessang) is such a goofy guy.

Not really sure who is considered "hip-hop" but I have a few songs by Dynamic Duo, Primary, San E (his recent song with Raina from Orange Caramel is addicting). I more or less like the beats than the actual rapping, but they still are fun to listen to

Oh, boy...This is so over my head it's not funny. K-Pop/J-Pop is kind of limited where I am. The big one here is Psy. "Hangover" with Snoop Dogg is great, but it has a video you either love or hate. J-Pop, regrettably, is restricted to opening/ending songs of anime. I wish music stores had more of it.

Wouldn't call myself a fan, but I do like it. I listen to a metal j-pop band a lot called Babymetal. They are just getting big, so I wouldn't be surprised if you've heard of them. Their live shows are RIDICULOUS. You should look 'em up on YouTube. Catch Me If You Can is a good one.

I liked JPop/JRock before it was cool! <_< ... Kidding...

I remember Ayumi Hamasaki's debut, Poker Face. I was instantly hooked on her songs. Then Malice Mizer, Mucc, Utada Hikaru, then Koda Kumi and a bunch of others, my list could go on x_@

There was a KPop group I liked when I saw a Fushigi Yuugi FMV, -(Quick search on Youtube)- S.E.S.

Although I'm not fond of trying to speak the Korean language (I find it harder than Chinese), I do not mind listening to it.

omg so many apink fans :rock:

I also really like 2pm, exo, b1a4, snsd! after kris left exo i was literally so devastated, I kind of retreated into neopets more even though it was like RIGHT as finals were taking place -____-

Not so much into jpop even though the person who first introduced me to kpop is a big jpop fan as well :P

any b1a4 fans here super excited for their comeback???

I like a few of Leessangs songs (Pursuit of Happiness/I'm Not Really Laughing). I found out about them watching Running Man, Gary (from Leessang) is such a goofy guy.

Not really sure who is considered "hip-hop" but I have a few songs by Dynamic Duo, Primary, San E (his recent song with Raina from Orange Caramel is addicting). I more or less like the beats than the actual rapping, but they still are fun to listen to

SanE debuted with JYP right around the time I was SUPER into kpop and I've kept up with him ever since! I'm so glad his and raina's song did so well, they're both so talented!! I'm starting to think that any combination of powerful male soloist and powerful female idol member turns out really well (see Some by Junggigo and Soyu and All for you by Eunji and Seo inguk)

Namie Amuro is awesome, she was my first J-artist I bought an album for and it continues to be one of my top albums ever (Japanese and non) which was Queen of Hip-Pop. What were your favorite J or K Dramas?

Oh gosh, it's been YEARS since I last saw any dramas. I grew up watching a lot of historical K-dramas (I don't remember the names b/c I saw them in a Chinese dub), but Dae Jang Geum was one I was obsessed with since I've always been a huge foodie. My Name is Kim Sam Soon was big, so was Time Between Wolf and Dog, Endless Love (which made me cry so badly), Forbidden Love, Himitsu no Hanazono, Meteor Garden, Innocent Love, Save the Last Dance for Me, etc.

I also watched a tonne of Taiwanese dramas too. I don't remember too much since it's been years, but I do remember watching stuff with 183 Club and 7 Flowers.

I started to get into Hikki's music when I was a pre-teen, and when we moved to Japan, I went crazy and bought all of her discography. I don't keep up with Namie Amuro anymore since I grew out of that style of music, but I have every single song Hikki has ever sung.

Nowdays, I have to have subtitles on in Japanese and Mandarin to understand even the news, since I haven't spoken or heard both languages in years andI don't watch dramas anymore or listen to the music either. :sad02:

That is awesome! Morning Musume fans are sometimes hard to find tbh. I was a very very diligent fan from just before Chokkan 2 was released to about last year. I still freak out if anyone touches my Special Edition Anniversay collection though, and if I'm being honest they started losing me a little once Junjun and Linlin left, they never got treated right and then were just sort of kicked out without the amazing ceremony most girls got./rant

Who are your favorite members?

My favorite all-time member is Kei and I was really sad when she left (I kind of drifted away after that until Osaka Koi No Uta was released). From the current line-up, my favorite members are Mizuki and Kanon-- and I really wish Kanon would get more lines.
I am also starting to like the new style of songs they have had since Sakura joined (e.g. Brainstorming, What is LOVE?). At first I didn't like it too much (I found the instrumentation a bit too "noisy") but it's grown on me! Plus I'm also a big fan of the choreography.

Guest awkwardnormalcy

My favorite all-time member is Kei and I was really sad when she left (I kind of drifted away after that until Osaka Koi No Uta was released). From the current line-up, my favorite members are Mizuki and Kanon-- and I really wish Kanon would get more lines.
I am also starting to like the new style of songs they have had since Sakura joined (e.g. Brainstorming, What is LOVE?). At first I didn't like it too much (I found the instrumentation a bit too "noisy") but it's grown on me! Plus I'm also a big fan of the choreography.

I'm trying to get back into them and learn the new lineup, but it's so hard to find Hello!Project videos that are subbed! and I always want to know what they are saying, even if it's not always super deep with H!P. There was a group I used to follow who did quite a few of them, I can't remember the name anymore though. Do you know of a good place to find them subbed? My favorite members are Yossie, Sayumi, Konkon, Makoto and Gaki. I know, such a long list. My ultimate favorite is Sayu, which is odd for me to like the cutsey member but I've also seen clips of both Takitty and Mikitty saying she's actually the most mature one of the group.

I got into Jpop after listening to Utada Hikaru's "First Love" and then via anime but don't really follow current Jpop anymore except for maybe Nishino Kana - super bubblegum poppy but I love her sweet voice. I love Japanese rock and still listen to ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION. Any AKFG fans out there??

As for Kpop, I am pretty familiar with the big groups/singers. Right now I really, REALLY love SPICA. They're a completely underrated five-member group where all five members are excellent vocalists. Also produced by Lee Hyori, which may or may not be a plus depending on your feelings about Lee Hyori... hahaha.

I got into Jpop after listening to Utada Hikaru's "First Love" and then via anime but don't really follow current Jpop anymore except for maybe Nishino Kana - super bubblegum poppy but I love her sweet voice. I love Japanese rock and still listen to ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION. Any AKFG fans out there??

As for Kpop, I am pretty familiar with the big groups/singers. Right now I really, REALLY love SPICA. They're a completely underrated five-member group where all five members are excellent vocalists. Also produced by Lee Hyori, which may or may not be a plus depending on your feelings about Lee Hyori... hahaha.

I totally agree, each and every member is a fantastic singer and they're so underrated it's a shame that they aren't more popular. I absolutely loved You Don't Love Me, Painkiller, and Russian Roulette

• 1 year later...
Guest misarella

OMG YAS LA CORDA D'ORO its so sad that not many people know about this anime