Altador Cup Rank Confusion

CookieGoo

This is my first year doing the Altador Cup and I don't really understand the ranking system. I used multiple rank calculators and all stated that I should be Rank 1. On the neopets website, it still says I'm a beginner. Does it change at the very end or are the calculators just incorrect?

If you don't meet the minimum score in a game (specifically, 270 for SS and 3k -- I think? -- for MSN), then your number of games will increase on Neopets' page, but not actually count for rank (or prize) points. You have to keep track of any non-qualifying scores you might have accidentally sent and subtract them to determine your true rank points.

The TDN calculator, at least, is accurate. My shield incremented right when it should have for each rank.

it's 285+ for Slushie Slinger and yeah, 3000+ for MSN...SOSD is still 1 goal.

it's 285+ for Slushie Slinger and yeah, 3000+ for MSN...SOSD is still 1 goal.

Actually, no. It is in fact 270. After a friend accidentally sent a score of exactly 270 and still moved on to the next rank (which was why she played the game in the first place), I have been consistently using 270 as my minimum (sending scores from 271 to 283 most often) and have ranked up exactly as expected. TDN's guide is incorrect.

And yes, Coco, sending a score in any game once you reach the minimum still contributes to prize and rank points, and presumably team points, though TNT's determination of how team scores are derived is not clear (e.g., does each win count as one? Or does TNT add up all the scores for each game, so that performance counts?), though it is widely believed that sending higher scores is better for the team.