I Hurt And I Hate It.

nightfall8705

I have had a nightmarish couple of weeks. Not really getting into it, I've been feeling sick a lot and I've been without my medications for a while... anyway, I have all my meds now and food and I've begun to feel better, but I was still feeling lightheaded earlier... I ate something for dinner then took some of my medicine, and I took my cat Sydney outside for a few minutes.

I must have blanked out for a moment because I fell on the hill beside my apartment and hit the dirt hard as we were coming towards the door to go in. I scraped up my left knee and foot kind of bad and my right ankle is swelling. I think I sprained it. My brother wasn't home and I was alone and outside, nowhere near a phone.

Sydney went down the hill to my neighbor's porch and meowed outside her door a couple of times but nobody answered, then she came back up the hill to me, and stayed with me until I could crawl to the back door and get up to go into the house.

I painfully made it to the tub to rinse all the dirt off my legs and am now on my bed. My brother finally called me back after I called 5 times and texted him twice. He'll be coming home in a while... my left knee and foot burn very much. I cleaned it with alcohol swabs, which made it burn worse, but it hurts to walk and I hate it.

I could use a hug or some sort of distraction to keep my mind off of it. Any takers on being my distraction? :(

*huggles*

Sorry it has to be virtual :< That really sucks! Sounds like you have had quite a day! Just know that your brother will be home soon and hopefully you can get to a doctor. You should put some ice on your ankle to help relieve any swelling. If it doesn't go down soon you should go see a doctor.

BTW I think its adorable your cat tried to get you help =^.^=

Wow that sucks a lot....I feel so bad for you I don't really know how to put it in words. There's been a million times when I felt like the world just hates me. It sucks when you're hurt and there's no one around you and you feel helpless...but your cat is so adorable omgosh

I wish you speedy recovery. -Gives a million hugs-

In the meantime...watch a tv show, curl up and hug your cat :) She's so adorable! I'm so glad that she was there for you, even for mental support. I wish I had a pet to comfort me :(

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry, my dear. :( It does sound like a nasty fall, and I hope your brother gets home soon so you two can head to the doctor's. Please get lots of rest, drink lots of water, and do things to make you feel better.

*hugs* Keep the pressure off your ankle, keep it elevated, and put some ice on it if possible (but only for a max of 20 minutes at a time).

*hugs* I'm sorry you're hurting so badly. You should ice your foot until your brother gets home, and I hope that's soon. It sounds like you did sprain your ankle. I've done that a couple times, and it's never fun. :(

In the meantime, try to distract yourself with the remainder of the Altador Cup, play some games, or watch a favorite movie. Sydney sounds like a great cat. If I could, I'd give her a can of tuna for what she did for you.

*hugs*

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Thanks everybody for all of your support! It does make me feel better. Sorry I can't like everyone's post, I ran out of positive likes for the day!

My brother did come home and he will help me when I need help. Poor Syd has been by my side and she has this sad look on her face. She really did try to help. She's really smart and protective of me, and I hope she doesn't think it was her fault that I fell. Bless her.

I didn't have any ice, but I had some frozen carrots and put a bag of them on my ankle. I know it's going to be worse in the morning, but everyone's kind words has really made me forget about the pain a bit. <3

Also, I thought I would say Sydney seems to be one of those rare cats who doesn't care for canned tuna. She's weird! She likes her Friskies Friday (which is tomorrow!) and her Party Mix treats (when our other cat Sherbert doesn't eat them all first. She's been a piggie, she just had 8 kittens a few weeks ago!). Whenever Syd sees a milk jug, she thinks it's milk, but usually it has water in it. Sherbs will eat almost anything, but Syd would rather have banana pudding (cookies and all) or some grape jelly she stole off of my toast instead of tuna, lol.

I totally need to get a video of Sydney sniffing a Folger's instant coffee packet. It's hilarious. She acts like it's catnip. You guys would laugh till it hurts. :)

I totally need to get a video of Sydney sniffing a Folger's instant coffee packet. It's hilarious. She acts like it's catnip. You guys would laugh till it hurts. :)

so cute! I must see this! My cat Marceline also hates tuna. She will ONLY eat dry cat food, she hates cat treats and has never cared much for catnip, who knows maybe like Sydney she would love some Folger's instant coffee!

Haha, Meg, I think I have one packet of the coffee left. I will see if I can get my brother to help me get a video of Syd. You will laugh soooo hard! She's tasted the coffee before, but she doesn't like it. She just likes the scent of the wrapper. :D

Cats never survive out where I live ): I wish I could have one so bad but it's always been a heartbreak adopting strays and having stuff happen to them

Sorry about your mishap! Definitely one of those days... or sometimes weeks. I hope things start to even out with you, though. Luckily you had something not many others are always so lucky to have, the best possible companion by your side in times of trouble, AKA Syd. I can't even count how many times I've been so grateful to have my dogs beside me in times of physical and emotional pain-- they have always done so much more for me than human companionship has. They're my world, and they love and care about me, and it feels good. So nice to have that connection.

Also good your brother is taking the time out to come check in on you, that's really nice of him. He must be worried sick, too. Maybe you should give Syd some extra treats for a distraction. =P

So sorry you fell and were hurt! I wish I'd been around to catch your post long before now. I would have chatted here with you to help raise your spirits if possible.

Take it easy, get lots of rest and do what you can to get better. The frozen carrots were a good idea and probably helped reduce some of the swelling at the time. Although, something I read over a month ago said that the "RICE" formula actually can do more harm than good. (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation.) This came from the doctor who came up with "RICE" in the first place. The ice part can slow down healing, despite the momentary reduction of swelling. I know you don't want to listen to me going on about all this stuff. Get rest, have a good bandage on it for support and elevate it as much as possible seems to be best. Think positive and you'll be great in no time. :)

Warm, healing wishes to you and extra hugs to your wonderful kitty!

((HUGS))

Oh my, I'm so sorry all of that happened! :( That must have been very scary, especially since no one was there to help. I'm glad you were able to get in the house, and I really hope you feel better. You have a great cat! xD I don't mine would have done that.

virtual_hug_cartoon.gif

Oh gosh! That virtual hug thing is too cute! Thanks again everyone!

My ankle is feeling some better today. My knee is definitely hurting worse than my ankle (which looks like it grew a golf ball!) My knee is pretty banged up on the outside but feels like salt covered sandpaper is rubbing it on the inside. I've been cleaning it with peroxide and the tissue turns orange... there's soooooo much dirt still in my knee... I'm limping with both legs, but Syd's been by my side. She had her treat today and will get more treats next week when I get paid.

I feel blessed to have her around. She is smart and truly is my best friend.

Here's a pic of Sydney searching the kitchen cabinet for the treat jar. She's so funny!

SydneyHideAndSeekInKitchenCabinet_zps599

Seeing pictures of Sydney always makes me smile because she is such a cutie!

Oh gosh, that knee situation sounds horrible. :( Do you think a trip to the doctor would help? Remember to keep off your legs if you can! *hugs again*

Lia, I wish I could go, but I can't at the moment. I did request a doc appointment asap at the clinic, but since it's a free clinic, I've been on a waiting list for an appointment. I've already been waiting over a year! Going to the hospital is out of the question. I'm already still paying them from a car accident I had nearly 3 years ago! No way! Besides, Doctor Sydney is in office and she just won't let me out of her sight. She's followed me all over the house, bless her.

The good news is that I seem to be able to put a tiny bit more pressure on my ankle. It still hurts, but again, my knee hurts 3 times worse than my ankle. I think I'll be okay if I just take it easy. I'm gonna relax a bit over the weekend, and worry about the housework later. I'm not the only one who lives here!

Since you like pics of Syd so much, I'll show you another. One of my favorites of her, that make me smile when something goes wrong.

This is a pic of baby Sydney. She was the smallest, but with extra love and care... well, you see how giant she is. I caught her doing the :3 face, and looking back, I realize that she seems to "smile" a lot around me, especially when she sleeps on my bed. :)

SydneyBearbeingcute_zps5e50b5a7.jpg

Sydney had a twin brother when she was very young. I have a picture of him! His name was Sora. Poor little fellow went to kitty heaven way too soon. Here's a picture of little Sora sleeping:

SydneyCassandra.jpg

Yay, pictures of Kitten Sydney! :D So cuuuuute! I'm glad she's playing your doctor, she seems qualified in the field of Hugs and Cuddleology.

Keep your ankle elevated when you're resting, that helped me back when I sprained it ages ago. Really, take it easy and keep off your worse-faring leg. Rooting for your recovery! <3

Lol, hugs and cuddleology! Haha, I think I should make Syd a resume. She's a good listener, she likes to watch Law & Order:SVU (don't ask me why, but she got me into it! I have to leave it on for her when I leave the house.) She's a good watch cat. She's an advocate of healthy eating (she loves raw greens, especially spinach.) She loves milk as much as I do, the pizza guy gets a kick out of Syd greeting him at the door, coming to get me, and then going back to the door. I was thinking of getting a big touch tone phone and teaching her how to dial 911. She has called people before on the phone, lol, but it would be something if she called ems if something was to happen and I was alone and incapacitated. She can say over 10 words, so if worse comes to worse she could say "Mama" almost like a child and the operator could trace the call. Cats can be trained to do that!

A friend of mine said to make her a resume and try to get her a job with Friskies or Meow Mix. (Meow Mix is enamored by Syd on FB!)

She really makes my bad days better.

I've been keeping off my foot much as I could. It's already feeling better! :D

I'm glad you liked the virtual hug! It's good your ankle is feeling better, and you have a doc apt set up. :) I hope your knee recovers fully.

Sidney is so precious! :D