I was talking to someone about their dream pet and it got into a conversation about Game of Thrones and didn't want to clog up that thread.

Who is your favorite character from the show? [Other than Dany.]

Mine are the same in the books and in the show. Though, there are some that I like in the show and don't like in the books and vice versa.

My favorites are Jaime and Arya. Though I liked Robb in the show but not the books, same with Jorah.

Who are your favorites?

*mentally prepares for backlash* Not gonna lie, but I always find myself strangely drawn to Cersei. Especially after reading all of the books...

But my favorite aside from Daenerys is definitely Tyrion - I loved him in the books and I think that Peter Dinklage does a phenomenal job on the show.

Fun fact: I just read that the plan is now for George RR Martin to write 8 books instead of 7 (assuming he lives to finish them :mellow: )

I really like Cersei too. She's definitely a really complex character that even if you hate her, you want to see more. [unlike Joffrey].

I agree that Peter Dinklage definitely does an amazing job. I think everyone on this show does honestly. It's one of the very rare times when I think the casting for each character was perfect and each actor is so completely believable.

He takes so long to write each book though, it definitely worries me that he won't get to finish them.

Fun fact: I just read that the plan is now for George RR Martin to write 8 books instead of 7 (assuming he lives to finish them :mellow: )

A friend of mine, who's fan of the show, told me that, prior to making the series, the productes agreed with Martin for him to tell them the ending he had in mind for the whole series, since he's not exactly an example of health and could just as well die before finishing the books...

Yeah, I've heard that. While at least we know if he does pass away before they get finished, we'll get to know how everything was supposed to end.

I still worry that I would sit there and never be happy with the show because I would always be wondering how everything would have done if the books had been finished.

I haven't read the books but I do read wiki articles to tortuously spoil myself. And my favorite characters are...sorry if this is a lot, Brienne, Tyrion, Jaime, Jon, Bran, Arya, Sam, and a character that will hopefully be introduced this season finale or the next season......

I love Cersei! haha I don't know but I'm always drawn to more villainous characters. Of course with Game of Thrones, good and evil can't really be defined. I love how the characters are so dynamic. Melissandre is a favorite character of mine :)

I actually didn't like Deanerys when I first read the books. In the show they make her out to be so perfect. People watching the show kept talking about how much they liked her and I actually preferred Catelyn Stark over her at the time (although I think I had only read the first two books by then). When I read the books I imagined her a lot different. It probably stems from the fact she's so young. Wasn't she 13 when her story began? I just remember she was just a little girl thrown into this very adult world

And the chapters with Jon Snow at the Wall were never really some of my favorite bits in the book. Then then when I saw Jon Snow on screen I was just like "What a beautiful man O.O" hahah. Now it's like the more Kit Harrington scenes the better ;)

And we must not forget Hodor ;)

is he really making 8 books now?? he needs to get working lol ..and I heard they're stretching the TV seasons out too?

I love Cersei! haha I don't know but I'm always drawn to more villainous characters. Of course with Game of Thrones, good and evil can't really be defined. I love how the characters are so dynamic. Melissandre is a favorite character of mine :)

I actually didn't like Deanerys when I first read the books. In the show they make her out to be so perfect. People watching the show kept talking about how much they liked her and I actually preferred Catelyn Stark over her at the time (although I think I had only read the first two books by then). When I read the books I imagined her a lot different. It probably stems from the fact she's so young. Wasn't she 13 when her story began? I just remember she was just a little girl thrown into this very adult world

And the chapters with Jon Snow at the Wall were never really some of my favorite bits in the book. Then then when I saw Jon Snow on screen I was just like "What a beautiful man O.O" hahah. Now it's like the more Kit Harrington scenes the better ;)

And we must not forget Hodor ;)

is he really making 8 books now?? he needs to get working lol ..and I heard they're stretching the TV seasons out too?

Yeah, they're turning some of the books into multiple seasons now as opposed to the beginning when a book was one season. They were worried they would run out of books to cover and then have to wait for a new book to come out before they made a new season.

Also, sobs, I feel like the only one that isn't attracted to Jon Snow. I don't know, something about his face, just does not appeal to me. Now Oberyn Martell, hellllooo hotstuff.

I also was never that big of a fan of Dany. Something about her has never appealed to me.

Have you guys heard the theory that Jon and Daenerys are the ice and fire in "A song of Ice and Fire"?

And have you heard the theories about who Jon's parents are?

haha there's a lot of attractive men in game of thrones ;)

WHOAH. my mind is blown. I haven't heard that theory. I think I heard something briefly about people wanting Jon Snow and Daenerys characters to get together..but I didn't connect the fire and ice thing. the way the books have left off and everything make me really wonder what's in store for the two of them

I have not heard the theory about Jon's parents either! do tell :D

My favorite characters are Jon, Brienne, Jamie, and Sansa. YES, SANSA! I think in the books her transformation from "little girl with unicorns for brains" to "badass woman who knows how to play the game as well as anyone else" was more subtle. The show made it a LOT more obvious, for which I am grateful!

At this point, my theory is that any character that has gone through any true character development is not going to die. Robb and Ned were always honorable and righteous and shit and we know where that landed them.

NOT NECESSARILY SPOILERS BELOW BUT JUST MY THEORIES

For this reason I believe Brienne will die, but Jamie will survive :( Which is a real shame because I want to see them together. Also, anyone else subscribe to the R+L=J theory? Because I honestly think it's brilliant and where the books are going. Yes, I've read all of them, and no, I do not think that one POV chapter is what it seems lol.

ETA: Just read that a few people are talking about Jon's parents lol. I honestly think they are who we think they are and he is somehow going to end up with Dany. Which imo I'd love to see her end up with Ser Friendzone but beggars can't be choosers.

For anyone who hasn't heard it: Rhaegar Targaryen kidnapped Lyanna Stark, which started the whole damn war that ended up with the Baratheons in power, right? And all we know is that when Ned tried to take the Tower of Joy to rescue Lyanna, she was "in a bed of blood" and dying. After the war is over, Ned comes back home with baby Jon and doesnt tell anyone who momma is. The theory is Rhaegar raped/otherwise fathered a child with Lyanna, and this child is Jon, who Lyanna made Ned promise to take back home & raise as his own & never tell anyone whose child he is bc people would kill him for being Targaryen. So Jon is a "son of ice and fire" since he's Stark and Targaryen. In the books they make a big deal about a burn Jon gets while at Castle Black and how he recovers perfectly fine from it, which IMO adds legitimacy to the theory.

My theory is that the other people who are named in the books as Jon's possible mothers were probs his wet nurse.

Edited by kaybee92

I live for this thread! HAHA. I haven't read the books and don't really plan to until the whole show is over. Books are different from film and television and I like to keep it that way. I don't really want to compare them. So based on the show, my favorites are Margaery, Renly, Oberyn, Tyrion, Bronn, Shae, Cersei, The Hound, Sansa, and Littlefinger. I liked Dany when she was with Khal Drogo but when she started to develop that messiah complex of hers all over Essos, I got turned off by her. Not because she was friendzoning Jorah or anything 'cause he deserved that, haha... It's really 'cause her incompetence is starting to show. Jon... I want to be interested in him but the Wall is just so gosh darn boring. :|

P.S. #TeamStannis! Haha.

I haven't gotten around to reading the books (I'm in the first few chaps of the first book), but I'm updated with the show. :)

My faves, in no particular, are Jon Snow, Tyrion, Arya, Brienne, and of course, Khaleesi. :P
I was wary of Sansa at first, but then my friends talked meta to me about her, so she's worming her way into my faves. Even more so because of the recent eps!
I also like Jaime, but only in relation to Brienne. I've heard about his apparent character assassination in the show (that rape scene with Cersei, which apparently never happened in the books?) so I'm really disappointed about that. :(

I disliked Cersei from the start, but after another passionate discussion with my friends, I must admit, she's quite a formidable character.
In the same vein, I really liked Jorah when he was first introduced! I'm a sucker for characters with undying loyalty (hah!). Then my friend spoiled me before the season aired that he's actually a spy, I'm so sad. :crying_blow:

For this reason I believe Brienne will die, but Jamie will survive :( Which is a real shame because I want to see them together. Also, anyone else subscribe to the R+L=J theory? Because I honestly think it's brilliant and where the books are going. Yes, I've read all of them, and no, I do not think that one POV chapter is what it seems lol.

Nooooo I don't want Brienne to dieeeee (I ship them so hard I don't even know why XD).

I've had some friends tell me about Jon's supposed parents, and I'm really intrigued by that! Makes me wanna read the books (but I don't have the time D: )

For anyone who hasn't heard it: Rhaegar Targaryen kidnapped Lyanna Stark, which started the whole damn war that ended up with the Baratheons in power, right? And all we know is that when Ned tried to take the Tower of Joy to rescue Lyanna, she was "in a bed of blood" and dying. After the war is over, Ned comes back home with baby Jon and doesnt tell anyone who momma is. The theory is Rhaegar raped/otherwise fathered a child with Lyanna, and this child is Jon, who Lyanna made Ned promise to take back home & raise as his own & never tell anyone whose child he is bc people would kill him for being Targaryen. So Jon is a "son of ice and fire" since he's Stark and Targaryen. In the books they make a big deal about a burn Jon gets while at Castle Black and how he recovers perfectly fine from it, which IMO adds legitimacy to the theory.

Ok soooo if that's right, Jon and Danaerys are related? I have not heard ANY of this lol.

Ok soooo if that's right, Jon and Danaerys are related? I have not heard ANY of this lol.

Google it - the theory is actually very fascinating if you have the time to read what people have to say. Have you read the books? Apparently there are a lot of cookie crumbs scattered throughout that have led people to this theory - it makes me want to reread them as it has been 3 years since I finished them.

Google it - the theory is actually very fascinating if you have the time to read what people have to say. Have you read the books? Apparently there are a lot of cookie crumbs scattered throughout that have led people to this theory - it makes me want to reread them as it has been 3 years since I finished them.

I only read the first one a long time ago. And yes it makes me want to read them all as well! Usually I always finish reading a series before watching, but this one came out too quick I suppose. Seeing as how there is only one episode left, I think I'll have time to read them now that all of my shows are off!

I've read all of the books and loved them. (It was so long ago though, it's time to read them again.)

I've only watched the first season of the show, but my co-worker comes in regularly discussing it. I eventually will watch the complete show.

Both books and show (season 1), Jon Snow is definitely my favorite character.

I only read the first one a long time ago. And yes it makes me want to read them all as well! Usually I always finish reading a series before watching, but this one came out too quick I suppose. Seeing as how there is only one episode left, I think I'll have time to read them now that all of my shows are off!

Agreed about the cookie crumbs. In an interview, the producers said George would only allow them to make the show (bc he had already turned down offers to make a movie out of GoT) if they answered one question right - who is Jon's mother? And they got it right, which means we already know who she is - we just aren't seeing it.

Remember how Targaryens marry Targaryens? Yeaaahh I seriously think Jon and Dany are meant to end up together. NOT SURE HOW I FEEL ABOUT THAT, but that's where I think it is going.

There's also another theory basing on the prophecy that Dany saw during the House of the Undying (book-wise). It mentions she's the child of three. Basing on how Westeros was ruled during the early days, there were three siblings, Aegon, Rhaenys, and Visenya. Meaning the prophecy fortolds that three people(includes her) will be part of this prophecy and is somehow related. As the rule of threes suggest on it.

Fans theorize Dany and Jon Snow will be part of this.

But who is the third one?

There's this crazy theory that the third one is Tyrion Lannister, yep, Tyrion.

Theory goes that Mad King Aerys forced himself upon Joanna Lannister, aka, Tywin's wife some time ago. Which in turn gave birth to Tyrion. It's also said that Tyrion's dwarfish stature was not the only reason why Tywin hated him. And this could probably be the reason why Tywin turned against the Mad King during Robert's rebellion, due to the Mad King forcing upon his wife, giving birth to Tyrion and killing her.

Though it's just a theory anyways.....

Now Oberyn Martell, hellllooo hotstuff.

Ohh I don't like Jon bc I think he's hot - I just like the character. But omg Mr. Martell plz pick me pick me I'm not shy.

There's this crazy theory that the third one is Tyrion Lannister, yep, Tyrion.

I actually break my brains thinking about this one. I know there has to be a third one. But I don't know who it's going to be, and I've heard the Tyrion theory but I think it's a bit of a stretch? I think Bran is going to mind-control the third dragon. Something about the three eyed crow makes me want to think so, but IDK if I'm just being crazy here. I've seen no online validation of my crazyness haha.

ETA SEASON FINALE TONIGHT GUUUUYSSS I HAVENT SEEN IT BUT I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS MWAHAHAHAHA

ETA SEASON FINALE TONIGHT GUUUUYSSS I HAVENT SEEN IT BUT I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS MWAHAHAHAHA

Please no spoilers!! Lol I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I'm so sad it's already over though :( :(