Frozen accounts with pets.

CurlyFreys

I wish that when an account was frozen and the owner doesn't dispute it or they know that it's not going to be un-frozen, they would delete the pets and send the names back out into circulation.

There are a lot of cool names that are tied up in frozen accounts. It's getting harder and harder to get names without numbers or symbols or that make sense.

I agree. Of course, I'm also the tender heart that cringes thinking about those poor pets on those accounts "dying" of hunger. I know they're just pixels, but it makes me think of real animals in that situation because of "frozen" hearted owners.

The same can be said about all of those poor pets in the pound that have been there forever. After a certain amount of time, the pets should be deleted so that their names could be reused too.

As someone who'd like to "resurrect" some pets from frozen accounts, I wholeheartedly agree.

And usernames purged, too, since a lot of frozen accounts seem to remain frozen forever. (Heck, my oldest {non-frozen} account still hasn't been purged and I haven't been able to get into it since high school!) (Did I mention I just had my class reunion last weekend? That's how long it's been!)

I wish I had my old acount back so badly. I wasn't on a haitus THAT long. I think I took a break from 7th grade to 11th grade....or maybe 8th to 11th...either way..all gone :( not that my pets had the best names....my username was f1r1o1g1g1i1e1 because you know, if I couldn't get the name froggie, why not stick 1's in it! *facepalm*

and I agree with nightfall, even though they're just pixels, awww :( It would be great if they could go to better homes!

And then I think about all the really rare items that are tied up in frozen accounts.

I just don't understand. When an account gets frozen, the thing explicitly says that it's never going to be unfrozen. Why not just delete the account? It would certainly clear up space on their server, if nothing else.

Think of all the awesome paint brushes just sitting there unused, even in non-frozen abandoned accounts. They should send a warning email after a certain period of time and if the person doesn't want to claim their account, delete and send everything back into circulation.

They do XD

They typically do a purge every two years. I'm not sure if they throw items back into the market but I don't think that's really much of an issue as TNT does a fairly good job at adding expensive items into rotation (IMO at least).

I understand the liking an immediate deletion but of course some people do get their accounts back and do come back from self freezing *shrug*

Hrtbrk, I just said earlier in the thread that my oldest account hasn't been purged.

The only thing I can think of is because I (vainly) try to get in a few times a year and they think I'm finally going to hit on the right combination--which I won't. >.<

Hrtbrk, I just said earlier in the thread that my oldest account hasn't been purged.

The only thing I can think of is because I (vainly) try to get in a few times a year and they think I'm finally going to hit on the right combination--which I won't. >.<

Yes :P

That doesn't mean other accounts aren't being purged during the purge. They obviously are lol

It's not exactly known what qualifies an account to be purged, so maybe that could be why :D