Nay for not finding a popular thread until after it dies.

Lady Lyuba

I found a cool customisation thread back in April where people were playing in OpenNeo and making Neopet customisations based off of popular characters and just to be funny. It was hilarious. But too bad I wasn't here in April when it was a thing! I wanted to contribute, but it's too late now. I'm glad threads aren't locked after a month or two, but it doesn't guarantee anybody's interest returning. Even if I am to make a post, nobody else comes back to notice it. Even after pming the topic author showing them my work, they won't even read said message. Why don't they check their mail?

No, I don't have patience. I never have. I want the topic back, I want to be noticed. But no, that will never happen. If this was two months ago, maybe I could have kept the thread alive. But I suppose everybody just lost interest.

I hate being late to popular things and missing out on them until I finally discover them when nobody else is interested in it anymore. I make my own contribution, and nobody cares. I feel hurt and discouraged.

I hate that, too! It's like, you want to post and maybe revive it but you don't want to go "grave digging" and you don't know if anyone will even read it. I don't know what the rules are here, but I've been on forums where it's kind of a faux pas to post in a thread after it's been quiet for two or three weeks (unless it's stickied/pinned), so I tend to avoid posting in most older threads.

haha I saw that thread, I wish I had gotten involved as well, looked fun!

you shoulnd't be upset for missing out, there's always new topics being added and fun things to participate in. You can always make a thread showing off a customization you're working on!

Have you entered Sabs, forum customization contest? :)

http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/41284-customization-contest/

I actually used a popular character with a twist for my entry this week...maybe you could use your custom for that :)

Guest Sabs

I'm sorry about the previous Customization Contest, and that it died out. x.x I joined in May, and I was hoping to find an active one. Since their wasn't, I decided to create one.

I really appreciate your entry for my contest, and I have made a comment on the thread! :D I can't advertise the contest threads anywhere else on the site. Katsuokai and I have been creating buttons and banners to help spread the word around. I have a strong passion for customization, so I plan to have this contest running for awhile. =)

I'm going to create a Customization Theme thread on Monday, June 9th . There will be a poll for everyone to vote on a theme. You can also post any suggestions for the next contest. Since the thread will be new and more noticeable, I will link the other threads and hope more members will join.

I hate that, too! It's like, you want to post and maybe revive it but you don't want to go "grave digging" and you don't know if anyone will even read it. I don't know what the rules are here, but I've been on forums where it's kind of a faux pas to post in a thread after it's been quiet for two or three weeks (unless it's stickied/pinned), so I tend to avoid posting in most older threads.

Ooops. I've done that. Posted on a "dead thread", I mean. Right here on TDN, too. *gulp*

*hanging head in shame* I'm so unfashionable.....

:oneeyed01: :P ;) :laughingsmiley:

That particular thread will come back, I've been meaning to post on it recently actually but I can't think of any good customisations :P

I agree that the thread you mentioned is likely to come back. I appreciated the recent revival, but I'm so focused on the AC I haven't had time to try for any "fun" customizations lately (except the one I did of Gráinne Ní Mháille, but since she was a warrior, I posted it to the current contest thread instead). Keep bumping it -- it's a good reminder to others that the thread exists, and it's fun to see what people do. (I've wanted to do a set of Naruto characters for a while. I'd love to see a Shikamaru or a ... Temari? Gaara's sister, I think, the one with the fighting fan.)

I agree that the thread you mentioned is likely to come back. I appreciated the recent revival, but I'm so focused on the AC I haven't had time to try for any "fun" customizations lately (except the one I did of Gráinne Ní Mháille, but since she was a warrior, I posted it to the current contest thread instead). Keep bumping it -- it's a good reminder to others that the thread exists, and it's fun to see what people do. (I've wanted to do a set of Naruto characters for a while. I'd love to see a Shikamaru or a ... Temari? Gaara's sister, I think, the one with the fighting fan.)

The AC! Of course!

But I am especially upset that the thread creator won't read their mail. They've been active here on TDN at least once a day, the least they could do is check their mail, there is a notification when you get a new message after all. How many people ignore their notifications or PMs?

If I had any other way to contact them, I would try that.