AC Prizes and the Point System?

This is my first Altador Cup and I have some questions about the prize system, since I can't really find anything that explains it.

How do you gain points? Is it through rank? Or through goals? Or they awarded by the final team rankings at the end?

Is there a point where the prize-to-effort ratio is no longer worth it?

Thanks!

you gain points by playing games and submitting scores, though i think you need to hit the minimum score for a game or it won't count (285+ for SS, 35+ for SoSD, and 3000+ for MSN). i'm not sure about a prize-to-effort ratio....i know the big ticket item is usually a paint brush and you need a LOT of points to get one.

I have been looking for this info too, I did notice that there are days when there are bonus points awarded for some games so its useful to play that game on that day so gather more points ... but I have no idea how many more you get:)

Last year I got up to rank 6 and got enough points to buy some very nice items but that was a LOT of playing and probably not worth the extra effort just to get the np worth in prizes.

I could have made more np playing other games if I had played for the same amount of time I think, but I enjoy taking part which is why Im playing again this year

Does anyone know about the prize value for each rank? I'm only rank 1. I don't mind playing a bit, but 68 games per day ?? I can't.. I just can't sit here that long! Is it really worth it to try and shoot for the highest rank? Or even leveling up just a few times?

Does anyone know about the prize value for each rank? I'm only rank 1. I don't mind playing a bit, but 68 games per day ?? I can't.. I just can't sit here that long! Is it really worth it to try and shoot for the highest rank? Or even leveling up just a few times?

that's mostly a judgment call. there are some who love to rank up and go for All-Star, some who want points for prizes, some who play casually.....so just ask if it's worth it to you.

that's mostly a judgment call. there are some who love to rank up and go for All-Star, some who want points for prizes, some who play casually.....so just ask if it's worth it to you.

Well, I wasn't sure really what the prizes would be worth? Is there anything you can direct me to for last year's prizes/values?

Yup! TDN's rank calculator gives an approximation of how many points you will receive based on your rank.

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/altador-cup/rank-calculator/

It should take two and half-three hours to max at 68. You can also send 1 goal sends for SOSD. There are options :)

As for last years prizes, you can view the shop here: http://thedailyneopets.com/altador-cup/prizes-ac8

Yup! TDN's rank calculator gives an approximation of how many points you will receive based on your rank.

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/altador-cup/rank-calculator/

It should take two and half-three hours to max at 68. You can also send 1 goal sends for SOSD. There are options :)

As for last years prizes, you can view the shop here: http://thedailyneopets.com/altador-cup/prizes-ac8

Ahh okay, yes that's what I was looking for, thank you!

I need to start leveling up for sure then haha.

i didn;t know there was a prize page on TDN.....huh, the prizes last year really WEREN'T that great, except for the Eventide Paint Brush (which i managed to get! i painted my Aisha).

SOSD can be maxed out in about 90 minutes to two hours if you're fast and do one goal sends. if you want more rank points, you can even double up on SS and MSN/SOSD....start a game of SS, quickly play a few games of MSN or SOSD and then go back and take care of the customers that come in. it gives you something to do rather than just wait for SS to really get going.