New to the Battledome. What do you think are the best items?

Not the best items by any means, I'm a newbie in the dome myself, but I use my Carved Qasalan Blowgun, a Fighting Folder, & Bronze Scorchstone a lot. Since I'm a beginner and a lot of my foes don't have a lot of HP, I also use a Meteor Bomb once a battle on occasion and some single-use items whenever I have some laying around. The shield I use is normally kind of worthless so eventually I hope to find something better to upgrade to. Nothing I got for my little start-up is too expensive.

Putting thought into your faerie blessings helps a lot too when starting out. I used to have Halitosis as my first blessing, but have changed to Static Cling and like it, as well as Shade as my second tier (I use this a lot and it saves me lots of damage sometimes), Positive Thinking for my lvl 10 blessing, which doesn't help much but hey, it's HP, and an Icicle for my lvl 25 faerie blessing. My pet is a higher level even though I'm just starting out, because I just got into Battledoming long after Coltzan and other dailies boosted my pets level.

I'm sure more experienced BDers have better suggestions, but since I've been rotating that stuff and fighting enemies within my means I haven't lost any battles. When I train my pet up to have more HP and skill I will move on to bigger opponents and better items.

Welcome to the Battledome! It's fun and rewarding!

Have you tried reading through a few of our Battlepedia articles?

Here is a one for beginners, an article for basic weapon sets, and various helpful weapons that are 500K or lower!

We are in the process of updating prices, so make sure to check for yourself :)

All I use are two Golden Compasses and I have been since the new BD came out xP They're around 50k each and have been doing me fine ^^

Hi! I don't know if it will help you at all, but this is my set-up:

Weapons: Scroll of Knowledge (used most often), Scroll of the Scholar, Rainbow Scroll, Ridiculously Heavy Hammer (used least often).

Defense: Leaf Shield (90% of the time), Parchment Cloak (10% of the time).

Healing Item: Bronze Scorchstone.

Dual-Purpose: Scarab Ring (attack and defense for a finishing move in combo with my Scorchstone for a last second heal).

Faerie Abilities: Halitosis, Bandage, Sear.

This is all subjective, of course. I'm really quite new to the BD, so this is only what I've found as good for me. My pet isn't very strong, but I've trained him to 57 HP. (attack = 49, defense = 45, agility = 49) I never take on anything higher than 40 HP and that seems to work. I bought a lot of things that I thought were good, but turned out to be a waste of NP. Like the Oversized Maractite Rune Sword. That was a total waste.

Best of luck with the BD!