Neopets Confession..

When I first started playing neopets it took me over a year to realise that you could customise pets and paint them different colours and that you could have more than one pet. I like to get over my shame by blaming my lack of exposure to the internet because of dial-up.

Don't feel bad, I'm pretty terrible at the games too. And of course the ones I'm decent at don't have avatars...sigh.

My confession would have to be that I didn't realize there were awesome people out there (like TDN) that would LEND you things for avatars so I wasted my own np on things like the icy snowflake, faerie queen doll, and mootix (but I love my mootix so this one is okay) only to make significantly less upon reselling.

• I'm pretty bad at most games too. But then again, I'm also very lazy, so I don't practice as much as I should.
  • I've read several Kad guides, and I still don't fully understand how it works.
  • I only found out THIS YEAR that there are free jobs at the Employment Agency. I used to think you could only play if you had coupons.
  • I always try to imagine what the Tiki Tack Man looks like under his mask.

I'm bad at every single game. )'= Which is a real bummer because I'd love to get the avatars. Guides and tips and all the help in the world is NOT going to get me any of the game oriented avatars, except the one where you get an avatar just for playing 250+ games.

As far as confessions go, back when Neo was newer and I was in like, 3rd grade, I inherited millions of NP from some random user who happened to be a kind citizen. I then promptly forgot my password and my birthday was fake (so I didn't need parental permission). All that goodwill, down the drain. I at least wish I could've donated it. It would be cool for accounts that get iced/purged to have their NP evenly dispersed in the Money Tree and pets pounded or something. I had a sweet Krawk and Cybunny on that acct. that I'm sure someone would have gotten joy out of.

Speaking of the Krawk and someone getting joy out of it, my third confession would have to be the fact I didn't know Krawk petpets became real Neopets so mine had the worst name ever..... mini_kat64303. Sick. Hahahaha.

I'm awful at games also, but not as bad as I used to be. I recently got the avatars for Gormball, The Gads Gads game, and the Wise Old King without even trying! Still going after that dang coconut shy avatar though! Sometimes I want to punch Leroy in the face when I play because I often forget to mute the sound. (His dang giggling annoys the mess out of me!!!)

It may be a while before I get that avatar though. I try to aim my rock at Leroy instead of a coconut when I've just had enough of that laughing. =/

Someone else that could use a good punch is that King Skarl. MY JOKES ARE FUNNY, DARN IT! *shakes fist*

LOL :)

wow... I didn't realize I had so much to confess! I can agree with most everything here -- bad at games, feeding kads, even looking at people's userpages (though I was aware of the employment agency).

I guess I would have to add the fact that every time a new event is started, or even a daily, I get so used to a quick link from my dailies page that if you were to ask me how to get there from the main Neopets page, I wouldn't even know what 'world' it's in. Like the Coincidence -- I've been visiting from my dailies, but I have no idea where it is! *shaking head* I'm so ashamed.

Everyone here is saying they're so bad at games....Well, I may have to re-learn how to play some of the games again because I'm now on a laptop with new controls...so it feels weird sometimes when attempting a game. And because I stopped playing games (nobody else seems to play them and everyone claims to be terrible at them when I'm sure many of them are good with video games, so how are flash games any different?), I'm out-of-practice.

I also have to agree with a couple people's opinions I had seen elsewhere on TDN about UC pets. Converting them all would put an end to this high demand for UC pets, though it probably won't silence the cries of "WE WANT TO REVERT OUR CONVERTED PETS BACK WAAAAH!"

I think avatars are overrated.

I also think the Lab Ray is overrated...I've played for 10 years and I still have no desire to obtain access. When I found out it gives your poor pets PTSD, I was "NOPE". (Though after zapping for years, wouldn't your pets get used to and know the outcome of the Ray? Besides, it's kinda dumb how they're so afraid of turning into something else, but will willingly use a morphing or Transmogrification potion). Also, I find training to be the better stat increaser; sure it may not be a NP or time saver, but the results are more worthwhile and evenly balanced, while using the Ray makes your stats out-of-balance. I adopted two pets who were labbed in the past, and this is very obvious in their stats. Plus with the personal Closet limits, using the ray will cause hundreds of PB and species-specific clothing that you can't remove from your Closet. How will you get your Closet to load ever again!?