Profanity filter on overdrive?

funkasarusrex

I tried to make a slight change in my userlookup today and was told I couldn't update it because it contained profanity. I restored it to what was already approved and got the same warning. I've dug through my code just to be sure and I can't find any profanity in it (and I got very creative in my search). The best I could guess is the font class I specified in my AC counter.

Is anybody else having problems with crazy profanity filters anywhere else on the site?

Could they be re-evaluating due to the JumpStart move? Seems unlikely, but it's an option. You could send them a ticket and ask about it, I suppose...

Just fyi (and yes, I am a huge nerd :* ) this is the type of filtering they use on neopets. I couldn't understand the jargon myself, but the graphics are pretty interesting if you want to have a look :) >> http://www.google.com/patents/US7549119

Okay people, first stop attributing everything to Jumpstart.

Whenever I run into that kind of problem, I add the code line by line until I find the faulty code. It can be anything, even a hex code.

Let us know what was the problem so others can be aware ^^

I blame Jumpstart for Xepha being a Francophile.

(I kid! I kid!)

:P

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Stay on-topic, please.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

As far as I can tell, it was my abbreviations for either slushie slinger (SLSL) or make some noise (MSN)

...ohhhhhhh HANG ON. I bet the profanity filter is reading MSN as an attempt to foster off-site contact. Still not sure why that would return as a profanity warning and not as a warning about not having off-site contact though.