You're Invited To A Potluck!

nightfall8705

Imagine...

The lush Meridellian countryside... an emerald meadow kissed with floral freckles, puffy clouds like cotton in the cerulean sky, and the scent of a past spring rain in the clean, fresh breeze.

The lovely folks at Meri Acres Farm are planning a vast potluck feast, hoping to bring together cuisines from near and far Neopian lands in a dinner of togetherness, a symbol of peace and unity in Neopia, and YOU are invited.

What home lands are your pets on your main account from in Neopia, and what potluck dishes would you bring, and why?

My favorite Neopian place is Neovia, so my three pets are from there. The Neovian dishes I would choose are as follows:

Entree - Veggie Stew Pie - Pies are famous in Neovia, and veggie stew pies are no exception. This savory dish is made with the freshest vegetables in Neovia, and is paired with all natural beef stew inside of a hand-made flaky crust made with love, from scratch, and baked until golden brown and piping hot. This dish is hearty and a definite crowd pleaser! I would have my blue Xweetok Alu carry this dish.

Side - Garlic Butter Scone - Scones are another famous treat from Neovia. Made by hand and baked until crispy on the outside and soft in the middle before slathered with a creamy, home churned butter sauce laced with delicately roasted garlic and sprinkled with fresh parsley. My dear red Ixi Casura would carry this dish.

Dessert - Neovian Cannoli - The pride and joy of Neovia! This traditional dessert consists of a hand-kneaded puffed pastry filled with sweet vanilla whipped cream, drizzled with homemade, gourmet dark chocolate sauce, and topped with a plump and sweet candy apple colored cherry. My beloved striped Aisha Sandrea would carry this dish.

I chose these foods because they are some of my favorites in real life, but now I am interested as to what other guests would bring to their Meridellian Potluck Feast!

While my guys hail from all over Neopia...they are all Southerners at heart!

So, they would bring a HUGE cauldron of Frogmore Stew, piping hot Corn Bread (not the sweet kind), an unlimited supply of Iced Sweet Tea, and a Peach Cobbler for dessert!

*Frogmore Stew, for the uninitiated, has no frogs in it...it is a boil of shrimp, crabs, crawdaddies, spicy sausage, chunks of corn on the cob, red skinned potatoes, and a heavy dose of Old Bay and hot sauce. It is wonderful!

/grin

Now I'm hungry.

:P

/facepalm

Seems I missed the boat here. I did not realize that your foodies were actual Neopian delicacies! :D

So, lessseeee...

Salad course: Azzle Salad (This salad is a mix of greens with a little bit of bitterness to go with the sweet taste of the Azzle)

For the main dish, a variety of Sushi: Fresh Sushi Roll (Mmmm fresh raw fish and vegetables), Fresh Sushi Cone (Only the freshest sushi is wrapped in this gourmet treat), Sushi Rolls (Vegetarian sushi made with fresh sea weed and herbs), and Roe Sushi (Sushi... Yeah!)

Beverages: Banango Punch (With the added curly straw, this tangy punch is perfection) and a Jug of Fresh Lemonade (The perfect drink for those hot summer afternoons)

Dessert: Mystery Island Palm Sundae (This palm sundae is the perfect treat after a long day in the sun!)

:P

Edited by fullonparanoid

My Kacheek Marlootje96 is from Faerieland so she would bring Crazy Crisp Taco for the entree. Jhudoras Wrap for the side and Crazy Cloud Ice Cream for dessert. My other pet Blueskies_4_4 is from Shenkuu so she would bring Cold Buckwheat Noodles for the entree. Korbat Tofu for the side dish with Green Tea Custard for dessert. Also she would bring Bamboo Tea for everyone to drink. Also I feel like eating fried tofu now.

my kacheek is from maraqua and my hissi from the lost desert, therefore to incorporate the best of both worlds, I would bring the drinks! Aged Tchea Juice, straight from Kelp! Cheers ;)

Great choices, guys! That Frogmore stew sounds great (if i ate seafood, of course) and I have to say the southern foods are the best! My pets are serious foodies, and I am in real life as well. I'm afraid my post has made me hungry as well, lol. :)

My main account is based in Neovia, much like the OP's, and three of my five pets hail from there. The other two are from Krawk Island and Shenkuu. So what might they bring.....I'll include Spooky Food along with the Neovian Pastries, as Neovia is a part of the Haunted Woods. Whether to have one pet bring a certain type or have all five of them bring one dish from each category is a good question. I found a ton of great ideas, and it sure took lots of time to narrow down my choices.

First, we'll start with the three from Neovia. Blankstarr, my Gelert, being the leader of the group, will begin:

For a Haunted Woods entree, he'd bring a huge cauldron of Scary Soup. There's nothing suspicious about this spicy stew, and it's very good for you. I can imagine it being made mostly of tomatoes and peppers. To drink, he'd take some Frothy Fruit Juice; a refreshing, bubbly fruity drink that just happens to be served in a spooky looking cup, but don't let that drive you away. For a side, he'd take along some Deviled Eggs - it's just a spell that makes them come to life, but soon wears off (and that's the best time to eat them). No collection is complete without a dessert, and for that he'll take some Pumpkin Pie, and Vanilla Ghost Cakes for good measure.

The dear miss Blossom, the ghost Acara, will take care of a lot of the Neovian pastries. A good entree would be the Beef Stew Pie or the Chunky Potato Pie...mmmm those are some savory pies that would make a delicious main course. A Pumpkin Roll would make a nice side to bring, and the desserts are just too numerous when it comes to Neovian Pastries. Knowing her, she might choose one of the many Bundt cakes the Crumpetmonger has to offer, from the Caramel Apple Bundt Cake to the chocolatey Iced Bundt Cake. For drinks, she'll provide apple cider, both warm and cold, courtesy of Apple Bobbing Bart.

With Azarale, my Cybunny...it's a good question. Considering his age, I'm not sure if we can trust him bringing in any food without eating it...You know kids, you have to keep candy and such out of their reach because they have no will power. He could bring along some Boxes of Skull Truffles, bags of Pink Spooky Popcorn, and Fright Pops...as long as they are kept sealed tight so he can't eat any before the potluck. Because he's around 9, he (hopefully) has better will power than, say, a 5 year old....Hopefully is the word here!!

And now we move on outside Neovia and the Haunted Woods and into Shenkuu, our next stop. Shuhune, an Aisha, is from there (as well as my number one battler), and she has plenty of fantastic food to bring. She's fortunate enough to know a really skilled chef who would be more than happy to help cook up the food for her to bring: Steaming Hot Udon Noodles for a hearty main course, and for those who want more meat, the Shenkuu Eel Rice Bowl. Veggie Kimchee is provided for the vegetarians out there, and now we move on to sides: Miso Soup is an excellent side dish, and a very common dish in Shenkuu, so it's a good soup to provide. Edamame is another delicacy, as are all kinds of dumplings. She'll happily bring bottles of Stramberry Juice to drink, and Traditional Mochi is a classic Shenkuuvian dessert. For those who don't like the sweet red bean paste found in Mochi, there is always an ice cream option: Ice Cream Dumplings.

And finally we have the good ol' Captain Kris Phoenix, the Kougra pirate from Krawk Island. Food may be hard to come across while sailing at sea, but after a stop at the Golden Dubloon, he'll have a cabin full of things to provide at the potluck - mostly drinks, knowing him. He won't skimp on drinks and cocktails! From grog to soda pop to fancy-named cocktails such as Man O War, Cannon Fodder, and barrels of Hogshead, KP's providing! Though you may want to keep the kids away from most of the drinks save the soda pop XD Aside from drinks, he'll also bring along plenty of Loretta Fontaine's Perfect Pizza, by the boxful, for an entree. Baby Bloaters and Tropical Breezes are some good things to go one the side, and he'll bring all manners of fun pops for dessert, from the Chocolate Joy Fun Pop to the Mocha Joy Fun Pop.

That's a lot, but I couldn't decide on just one thing for each to provide...plus there were the four categories and...okay I totally got carried away. But I regret nothing.

And now writing all this has made me thirsty...possibly from describing all those drinks my pirate would bring...