I hate being let down!

caleew

So about a month ago my best mate went through a terrible break up etc, and I've been the only darn one consoling her and looking after her. She was meant to come to mine for the weekend and now she can't come till tomorrow at some point. Why do I get the feeling that she's got a better offer? I'm so peed right now..

I'm sorry, but it sounds like you're automatically assuming the worst of your friend just because she can't come until later. I can understand being disappointed because of plans changing, but you can't really be angry at her for that.

sounds like you have been a good friend and you should be proud of that ... some people are not as good at being good friends, sadly its a fact, they are better at taking than giving

It might be a good thing to keep in mind that your friend isnt perfect and that that can be ok, she is what she is perhaps

It might be better for you if you can widen your circle of friends so that you can offer your friendship to others and also you can maybe become friends with someone who is more giving, as well as keeping this friend who is lucky to have you.

everyone is different and some are a little less giving and more selfish, its possible to be friends with someone like that as long as you recognize that she is what she is.

Thanks guys :) Everything's all ok now :)

I'm sorry, but it sounds like you're automatically assuming the worst of your friend just because she can't come until later. I can understand being disappointed because of plans changing, but you can't really be angry at her for that.

I did assume the worst of her, because since the break up she's become very selfish - I understand how hard break ups can be, but she's acting like a brat :/ I still don't 100% know what happened, I just hope she was just too tired from work :/

I'm sorry for you Caleew. Maybe you should tell her how you feel and see how she reacts?

I explained I wasn't impressed, and she did apologise for it all, which means an awful lot to me :)

sounds like you have been a good friend and you should be proud of that ... some people are not as good at being good friends, sadly its a fact, they are better at taking than giving

It might be a good thing to keep in mind that your friend isnt perfect and that that can be ok, she is what she is perhaps

It might be better for you if you can widen your circle of friends so that you can offer your friendship to others and also you can maybe become friends with someone who is more giving, as well as keeping this friend who is lucky to have you.

everyone is different and some are a little less giving and more selfish, its possible to be friends with someone like that as long as you recognize that she is what she is.

Thanks :) I think she's just adapting to being single again, and becoming herself again - I should give her more slack then I do x