The Coincidence

PokePrism

So, my fiancé and I were working on building the pieces for The Coincidence. When the event ended, somehow he got the avatar with less pieces built than I had. (Neither of us had whole pieces built but I had more pieces than he did.) So now I'm ticked off because neopets made a fail event that glitched the avatar to some people who didn't do as much work as others did.

My question is: Is the avatar still obtainable? TDN checklist claims it is, but you can't build parts anymore. So is it really still "obtainable"?

And

If It is obtainable, how do I go about obtaining it now?

I was late to repair the Random Events machine / collect the console prizes and didn't get the Aboard The Coincidence avatar. Please say it isn't retired. ~vasama
We know you told us not to say it, but uhh... it is retired. :X That's what the countdown clock was indicating.

^ From last week's editorial

I was late to repair the Random Events machine / collect the console prizes and didn't get the Aboard The Coincidence avatar. Please say it isn't retired. ~vasama

We know you told us not to say it, but uhh... it is retired. :X That's what the countdown clock was indicating.

^ From last week's editorial

So neopets failed yet again. Wonderful.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Sorry you feel that way. If you really think it was a glitch, you might consider sending in a ticket. I don't know if maybe you had to claim the avatar before the countdown timer stopped, or if he did something differently than you did regarding timing or other parts of the event; this is the first I've heard about the avatar being glitched.

I'm sure that if you completed all necessary parts to qualify for the avatar, TNT will address the issue; they've been great recently about listening to the concerns of players (and certainly, there have been MANY concerns regarding this event). They get a lot of heat for stuff, but I find that often times, players don't take it upon themselves to address any issues they might have; it's definitely worth a shot! I don't think they ever intend to alienate players, and besides, sending in a ticket won't take more than a few minutes (who knows, you might even get a shiny new avatar out of it)!

A friend of mine missed the event where it told you you had earned the avatar. When she went and actually checked her avatars at the neoboards she had it. Have you checked? It's a long shot but you never know! Otherwise, I would definitely submit a ticket, it can't hurt.