Would a Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddy be useful to me at all?

Ohai there guys!

I'm currently a 1-player only Battledomer. My Battle pet has these status and weapons:

battlequip.png

(that premium sidebar keeps getting in the way, sorry)

I've been wanting to buy Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddy to put on that set - I'm not a rich Neopian, so for now that's as far as I can go in terms of Hidden Tower-level weapons.

But I wonder: will it make any difference? I want to be able to defeat 1-player opponents at a higher difficulty, and more easily (say: the Obelisk leaders at maximum difficulty, for example, or the Giant Space Fungus from the Cosmic Dome, again at max difficulty).

What do you BD experts think? Thank you for the help :)

Edited so the image is now bigger!

Edited by leverhelven

Looks like you have a Scroll of Knowledge, Rejuvenating Jar of Brains, Ylanas Blaster, Golden Compass, Scroll of the Scholar, Randomly Firing Freeze Ray, Leaf Shield, and Parasol of Unfortunate Demise. It also looks like you've put a lot of effort into training, which is great!

Honestly, your set is pretty constant-heavy. However it definitely gives you flexibility when you're attacking.

Personally, I like the DSPBB. It's a 14-icon weapon, which is more than any of your others, and its attack is heavily concentrated in water which isn't often blocked. You'd probably be best served replacing your Golden Compass since that's only 9 attack icons, and its 3 defense icons are not very useful to you, especially if you're not attacked with dark.

Ohai there guys!

I'm currently a 1-player only Battledomer. My Battle pet has these status and weapons:

battlequip.png

(that premium sidebar keeps getting in the way, sorry)

I've been wanting to buy Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddy to put on that set - I'm not a rich Neopian, so for now that's as far as I can go in terms of Hidden Tower-level weapons.

But I wonder: will it make any difference? I want to be able to defeat 1-player opponents at a higher difficulty, and more easily (say: the Obelisk leaders at maximum difficulty, for example, or the Giant Space Fungus from the Cosmic Dome, again at max difficulty).

What do you BD experts think? Thank you for the help :)

Edited so the image is now bigger!

Hey there, fellow Neopian!

First of all, may I just say that your pet's stats are glorious. That is only a product of very good training.

What Lamppost said is right. Your set is very constant heavy. You have a lot of attacking weapons (4 to be exact). But you only need around 2-3 weapons (dual-duty or purely constants, depends on you). Your set itself needs a little work and I have suggestion (if you want a suggestion directly for your problem of constants, go to #2 & 3)

Since your budget is around 2 mil right, I have a couple of suggestions and you choose what you want to do (I list them in order of priority and recommendation):

1. GET DOWNSIZE!: Downsize! defense you from 50% of all icons. It's like a downgraded Thyoras Tear. It is a must-have for battling until you get the TTear :D
  2. Sell your Scroll of the Scholar and Golden Compass: Scroll of Knowledge does more icons than the Scroll of Scholar and Golden Compass. There are better alternatives and these items sell at a reasonably good price. So it can add to your budget. For something to protect you from the dark, you can upgrade your Golden Compass to a Hanso Charisma Charm (Offensive: 5 light, 5 earth; Defensive: All dark) which is more offensive and defensive for the price of around 400k.
  3. Get Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddy or Stone Foam Finger: Since you previously said that you're doing 1p, icon type doesn't really matter as much compared to 2p. Right now, DSPBB (Offensive: 10 water, 2 fire, 2 dark) and SFF (Offensive: 10 physical, 5 light) are both around the same price range (of around 2 mil; DSPBB is around 1.7-1.8 I think?) but the Foam Finger offers 1 more icon. An additional icon for your strength boost yields additional 7.5 damage per icon. Think about that. It would do you much good as your strength boost gets higher and also as your battles lengthen (compared to YBlaster, that's ~15 additional damage per round).
  4. Sell your Ylanas Blaster/Scroll of Knowledge and get Bow of Destiny: Others might disagree with this and I get it. People have their preferences. It's clear why you should upgrade Scroll of Knowledge to Bow of Destiny (more icons). Ylanas blaster offers ~12.667 icons while the Bow offers similar iconage (Offensive: 5 earth, 5 air, 3 fire). YBlaster also sells for a similar price as the Bow (Bow is around 1-1.2 mil; YBlaster is 980k to 1.1 mil). You can also look into the dual-duty that is the Rusty Pitchfork (Offensive: 5 physical, 3 earth, 3 fire; Defensive: 5 physical).
  5. Sell Rejuvinating Jar of Brains, switch species and get a better healer (Kacheek Life Potion or Gelert Healing Remedy): Although it pains me to say, your Rejuvinating Jar of Brains , although effective, is not efficient for your current HP (It only heals around 1/6 of your HP). I would suggest getting Short Sleeved Yellow Tunic but your HP is too high for that. The best I can suggest for you within your price range is to switch your species to Kacheek or Gelert and buy a species healer. It's much cheaper and much better for long-term battling until you get to the 100% healers.
  6. Get better shields: Your shields are pretty nice and standard. It would be my suggestion to get the likes of Sophies Magic Hat, Kiko Skull Pirate Hat, Royal Blue Cape and the like just to be able to switch around depending on the opponent. Wanderers Cloak and Blue Draping Cloak will be good for 2p (Blue Draping Cloak + Sophies Magic Hat in 2p defends at least 3 icons of all icon types).
  7. Get a bomb: Even one-use muffins that you get as freebies in the dome can be of assistance for you as they do 15-icons of damage. For the most amazing bomb ever, get Ghostkerbomb when you have the money as it is one of the best investments anyone can make in the Dome (in my opinion).

Hope I helped! If ever you get confused or if you have more questions, feel free to neomail me :)

Good luck! :D

1. GET DOWNSIZE!: Downsize! defense you from 50% of all icons. It's like a downgraded Thyoras Tear. It is a must-have for battling until you get the TTear :D
  2. Get Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddy or Stone Foam Finger: Since you previously said that you're doing 1p, icon type doesn't really matter as much compared to 2p. Right now, DSPBB (Offensive: 10 water, 2 fire, 2 dark) and SFF (Offensive: 10 physical, 5 light) are both around the same price range (of around 2 mil; DSPBB is around 1.7-1.8 I think?) but the Foam Finger offers 1 more icon. An additional icon for your strength boost yields additional 7.5 damage per icon. Think about that. It would do you much good as your strength boost gets higher and also as your battles lengthen (compared to YBlaster, that's ~15 additional damage per round).
  3. Sell Rejuvinating Jar of Brains, switch species and get a better healer (Kacheek Life Potion or Gelert Healing Remedy): Although it pains me to say, your Rejuvinating Jar of Brains , although effective, is not efficient for your current HP (It only heals around 1/6 of your HP). I would suggest getting Short Sleeved Yellow Tunic but your HP is too high for that. The best I can suggest for you within your price range is to switch your species to Kacheek or Gelert and buy a species healer. It's much cheaper and much better for long-term battling until you get to the 100% healers.

About the Downsize: yes, I hear that a lot! I should have bought one already, everyone agrees on its importance :D

About DSPBB and SFF: wow, I hadn't realized the Stone Foam Finger was so close in price with the DSPBB! I've just checked the Trading Post and you're right. I agree that it's worth it to spend a few more hundred thousand nps and get an extra icon! Thanks!!!

About species changing.... Yeah, I'm not THAT much of a Domer, especially because my Battle Pet is also one of my dreamies :P I LOVE Cybunnies, as you can see by my userlookup. I probably should have thought of NOT making one of my dreamies my BP, but it's too late now...

Anyways, WOW!!! Thanks for the tips!!! :woot:

And thank all of you too, and Lamppost, yeah I agree, I think it's time I sold the Golden Compass, it won't be of much use anymore...

About the Downsize: yes, I hear that a lot! I should have bought one already, everyone agrees on its importance :D

About DSPBB and SFF: wow, I hadn't realized the Stone Foam Finger was so close in price with the DSPBB! I've just checked the Trading Post and you're right. I agree that it's worth it to spend a few more hundred thousand nps and get an extra icon! Thanks!!!

About species changing.... Yeah, I'm not THAT much of a Domer, especially because my Battle Pet is also one of my dreamies :P I LOVE Cybunnies, as you can see by my userlookup. I probably should have thought of NOT making one of my dreamies my BP, but it's too late now...

Anyways, WOW!!! Thanks for the tips!!! :woot:

And thank all of you too, and Lamppost, yeah I agree, I think it's time I sold the Golden Compass, it won't be of much use anymore...

Although you have to understand that SFF may have less favorable icon types compared to DSPBB (as physical is easily blocked by numerous shields). Still, the raw power is pretty awesome.

You do not have to change species if you don't want to :) However, that would mean that you'd have to wait for the likes of Bag of Healing Dust for a 50% healer.

Still, just continue training and you're gonna do great! :D Good luck!