Sending in a ticket-WOW, taking so long

jordan9411

Hi! I have put in a ticket to support for an account that was frozen, by a hacker, weeks ago. Is it normal to take this long? I've also heard that getting frozen accounts back could take up to a year. Is this true also? I really don't want to start all over but should I wait for them to respond? I know sending in another ticket will not help....any one have any help on this?.// Thanks in advance.

Yes, it's normal and yes, they can take a year or more.

Fortunately, if the message was "frozen for your protection", you have a good chance of getting it back. (If the message was anything else, i.e.: the hacker cheated on games or whatever, you can probably forget it.) (Sorry to say.)

I agree with Bright...create a side and rebuild your life. By occupying yourself with starting over again, you may not have time to think about what you lost.

It took me about 4 months to get my account back when it was stolen. So it may not take a year but don't expect anything quickly especially with the change in ownership.

Don't look at a new account as starting over look at it as continuing progress until you can transfer it all onto your old main. Plus a added side bonus is having a side that will now be getting older with your main if you ever decide to get into pet trading (more trades a month)

Not to be a downer but I want to ask a question here too: When you get a frozen account back do you get your NP and items back? Other people have posted that they have received their accounts back but they were stripped of everything but their pets, so basically all they got back were the pets themselves and the name on their account.

Not to frighten you!!!!! Don't even worry about it until someone actually validates this. Because I am NOT the authority on the subject, haha.

P.S.

I hear it takes a while for them to get back to people with tickets, I think they get A LOT every day. But hang in there and be patient, I hope you get your account back soon.

Earlier this month (March 12) my 10.5 year old account was stolen... sent a ticket expecting to wait a year for the problem to get resolved, but I just got my account back (along with my stolen pet) yesterday! So I am happy...I am not sure why they took a short time with my case.

Could it be because:

-it's an old account

-it was a stolen account, not frozen

-i paid neocash

-provided a lot of info and kept providing additional info

-took a video and screenshots and attached it on my form

...or a combination of everything?

Im not sure, but just keep providing info/proof of your account and they might take less time with your case... GL!

Edit:

Since in my case it was a stolen account, when I got my account back a lot of NPs were out of the bank and a lot of paintbrushes in my inventory. I think they got frozen when they were trying to move things around. Well, I still have 8k items in my SDB, and about the same millions in my bank (either they didn't get a chance to transfer the NP or TNT gave it back to me)

The only 2 items I noticed were missing was 2 weapons. One I dont really care for and the other one that I do want back: stone foam finger, so I reopened my case asking if I could get back the foam finger weapon. I hope I do, otherwise I have to buy it again... :/

I got my account stolen and I will be honest it took three months and my points and items were still in tact. It looked like someone was trying to sell my account but luckily for me I hadn't sold my BGC yet (which was in my SDB and not touched) then so I only had about 20 mil so it wasn't a huge rush to get rid of it.

-10.5+ years old acout

-stolen not frozen

-provided way more information then necessary and could have shown more

so I don't think that it was just that I think this is more them trying to work on the customer service side of the site. I hope with the new management that things will start to get better in this department.

I think the person who stole my account was aiming for my UC pet...decided to check out what I had in my SDB and traded some paint brushes... the codestones and dubloons were left untouched, it seems. When they saw my NPs at the bank, decided to keep my account and changed the email and password. They used my NPs to get something from the auction house, and moved a few weapons to whatever their other account is.

I only know this based on the items I saw in my inventory, the fact that most of my NPs were still at the bank, a neomail from TNT saying I won an auction (I don't do auctions, so...) and 2 weapons my BD pet is missing.

I'm restarting Neopets after a seven-eight year hiatus and cannot access my old account. I submitted a ticket a few weeks ago about ways I can get my old account back, and was getting concerned about the lack of response. But I see now that it might take a while XD So i'm a bit less worried now, so hopefully I can eventually get my old account back. Helpful thread! Thanks!

I hope it wasn't stolen while I was gone...i have a UC pet on that account >.>