New kid on the block

Pookies

Hello! I have been posting on the boards, so I guess I will introduce myself :)

I been playing neopets since I was in elementary school. My oldest account is 12 years old, but I no longer have access to it. My second oldest account is 10.5 years but it was stolen yesterday....which lead me to create an account here asking for help.

After 12 years, I finally got into battledome haha Right now I am learning how to train my new pet, since my old BD pet is in my disabled account.

Outside of neopets, I am a university student majoring in Anthropology and minoring in Middle Eastern Islamic studies, concentrating on the Israel-Palestinian conflict. I've actually studied abroad in Israel for a few weeks...it would be amazing if I ever went back! I will be graduating this summer! I'm looking into masters programs...leaning towards education or film studies.

I like to draw, help feral and stray cats (I've gotten in trouble for adopting two of them, hehe), and eat. I'm learning photography and would also like to learn how to sew. I also need to find a job if I want to grow my game collection (I got a ps3 and my mom got herself a wii). I would love to PC game, but I am so confused about what operating system i need...game rigs... oi @.@

I also love to talk about my cats whenever possible. Yesterday morning, one of them ate a stink bug! :sick01: I don't understand why she eats everything she sees.... But everyone loves her, even dog people :) My other cat was a feral kitten when I took her in, so she is more shy around people. Right now she is sitting on my lap...awwwwwe <3 She also has weird habits, like sniffing and licking peoples armpits. She only does it to people she trusts, so I guess that is her weird way of showing love.

And I think I will stop there. I hope to meet a lot of wonderful people on TDN forums :rock:

I just love cats. <3

And yes, yes, YES, I would like to see your artwork! I had a commission done once and it was uhMAZING, but the gal doesn't seem to be on dA much anymore (if at all), so I'm searching for the "next great artist".

Hi and welcome! The only cats my parents have owned that I know of were all feral/abandoned cats. We took them in and cared for them. There's amazing stories behind each cat so that makes it great to be able to say: "I saved that kitty and showed it what care and love is."

I don't own a cat at the moment, but if I ever have room for them, I would love to have/save one again.

A fellow cat lover <3 I adopted two strays in December (technically they were my Christmas present from the hubs - but I am the one who found them!).

Haha that is cute :) I found my first kitty when i was walking home from lunch. took her in but she was so scared. the next day she escaped but she stayed close because I was feeding her. As she grew she learned how to follow me home and one of the residential advisors reported me, so my then-boyfriend took her in for a while.

I will let you know when I post stuff, Sweet D. =] What did they make you?

That's great, Midnight Cat!

My first kitty, altho' feral, was very nice to my ratties. They would all run around on my bed lol. I don't think I can have rats with my new cat...she eats all the insects she finds :S kinda gross but at least it's a bug-free apartment, I guess! lol

Both of ours were from the humane society. Lauren adopted me after we lost a kitty to lily leaves (como horrible!) and I adopted Ani after I got out of the hospital. The girls we had before Lauren were older and a hair on the lazy side, so when Lor came in (as a five-month old kitten!), our mouse problem mysteriously vanished! :D

I had this done five years ago--it's based on a fanfic I wrote. Rama (Rosa) took several photos I provided her (me, James, the Air Force camo pattern) and did the piece based on that. The swing is right off Google images! (I can't believe how well she reproduced it.) She was so careful that she even wanted to know how the leaves in the background should look, so I ripped a clip off the relevant scenery on the show and she used that to finish things off. It was so amazing that I cried when I saw it. (And it was right before Thanksgiving when she finished, so I took it with me and showed it all around. :laughingsmiley:)

If I can find someone with even a quarter of Rosa's talent, I'll be thrilled. ^_^

lol that is great! :) Is Jericho a TV series?

I've thought about doing freelance in the past but I never have a good idea of what would be a good price. I bought work from someone who based his work on hours he spent (which is the most expensive piece Ive ever bought), and an art teacher I had said he based it off of material he used + something else I cant remember (maybe time?). So canvas + acrylic paint might equal out to about $75 + time...he would sell things usually about $100-$200 a piece, I guess.

And recently I met a girl who does photography and some drawing on the side. Since she is a beginner, she said she charges based on what her cost was...and sold things at $100 or less (she wasn't spending much on material).

Hey on a board you created, I wanted to ask you this but it was...

:offtopic:

so I will ask it here:

Do you like the jellyneo forums compared to this one? I kinda want to join but at the same time Im afraid i'll create an account and forget about it lol what do you think?

I regularly forget about JN, because for some reason, reply notifications never get to my inbox. (I suppose I should try to change the address and see if gmail is just eating it, but I haven't gotten there yet. *pops a new window to do it*)

That being said, it seems like the boards are a bit quieter--and their requirement is five words, versus seven. Content is great, though...besides the IDb, they do their own (at least monthly) editorial.

===

Jericho started in the 2006-07 season and ran for a twenty-two episode first season. It was subsequently canceled, uncanceled (thanks to fan demand) and ran for an additional seven episodes, due to curtailing by the writer's strike. It was canceled a second time, but "revived" via a six-issue comic that was published through Devil's Due and later IDP. A graphic novel (sometimes called season four) was released last year, but I have yet to purchase it. They've talked about doing a movie, but it's never happened.

Quite a few cast members have popped up on television since the 2007-08 season--oddly enough, most of the major players seem to have been on CSI at least once. The one least hurt by cancellation was probably my sweetie, James Remar, as he was already a regular on Dexter by the time his first episode of Jericho came up. Esai Morales was cast this season on Criminal Minds as the unit chief, the main villain (whom I will not name, because I hate him) has had a story arc on Two and Half Men since October and Skeet Ulrich is set to shortly start touring the country with his new indie movie, 50 to 1.

Oh and the piece only cost me about $40-50...

I was lurking at a neopets guide forum... can't remember if it was JN or not, but I didn't like the layout it lol It just made me dizzy. But it was helpful.

I thought I remembered Jericho when it came out! I never actually saw it tho'. :/ Was it apocalypse/survival themed?

(Never got caught up with dexter, but i did like the few episodes i saw )

It's funny how popular shows always get canceled. :/ Just because they don't have a certain number of views a particular week or whatever...

Seems like a reasonable price. That's what a lot of pieces I buy from expos I attend cost.

Side-note: my kitty is pawing my leg ^o^

*paw paw paw*

aweeeee.... lol

Yeah, there was a massive bombing that they called the September Attacks. It was very survival-y.

I can give you the backstory on that piece if you don't want to read the story.

My daughter is asleep...but I hear she was meowing like crazy, earlier. ;)

Yeah I would like to read the back story :)

It's weird, first my kitties chase each other and "fight", then a few minutes later they are snuggling and licking each other haha right now they are just being lazy looking out the window.

Yay cat people! ^o^- I love cats. At the moment I have two chocolate point siamese girls. They're adorable.

Also I think it's a feral cat thing about having weird traits! - several years ago we took in two feral kittens; a boy and a girl. Pippin, the boy, was a gentle giant - he was really shy, and super friendly, but had a really strange obsession with glossy/smooth surfaces. He would sit on photo print paper or my brothers old plastic beyblade stadium, and move his front paws back and forth and go into a sort of trance - he'd drool and everything.

And the girl, Rascal (never has a cat been more well named)… ugh. She was like a dog. She'd lick your hands constantly, raid the bin, growl at the post man, chase you around the house… they were definitely a handful. xD

• 2 weeks later...

Awe, they must look super cute!!

My ex-feral kitty is super sweet and loves to chase sticks lol ive given her other toys but nope she wants me to move with her haha the only thing i find strange and gross is her obsession with licking armpits

my stray kitty is super nice and even dog people like her. she loves to show her belly and be lazy

they are similar to the rates i used to have lol a super active one and the other super lazy. at least they both like to go out for walks. unfortunately, im only supposed to have 1 pet so I have to constantly check if they are sitting at the window (they love sunbathing)