Unbuyable?

I have heard that if you buy the Neopets Nick Cards at one of the participating store (i.e. Target, Toys R Us, etc.) that you get some free gift boxes with each card. So I thought I'd stop by one of our local strip malls where there is a Toys R Us, a Target and a Game Stop. Well none of them carried the cards. They had cards from other sites (I won't mention) and Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, etc. but no Neopets cards. I spoke to a manager in Target, and employees in both Toys and Game Stop. It's funny because they ALL smiled when I said Neopets. Two of them used to play. Anyway, they all told me that they stopped carrying Neopets cards a while ago. So I stopped at both Rite Aid and CVS and the same thing - other sites' cards but no Neo. I live in a large suburb of San Francisco and so it's very populated. There are three Game Stops within three miles of me and none of them carry Neopets cards anymore. What's the deal? Does anyone else have similar experiences with trying to buy the cards or have you had success with purchasing them?

Maybe TNT doesn't want the cards out there anymore so that people have to buy the GBCs if they want to trade. I don't know but I'm very disappointed.

I've noticed they're a lot harder to get. They used to be at every Walmart, Target, Game Stop and the local grocery store. Now, when I find one at the grocery store, it's never been activated. Target doesn't have them anymore. Most Walmarts and Game Stops don't have them.

The only reliable place to have them recently has been Toys R Us.

The last time I saw a Neopets Nick Card at a store was at Toys R Us. As far as I know, they've been long gone from Walmart. I don't know about Target and Game Stop, but you're best place to try is Toys R Us, as Spritzie said.

Someone was trying to get me an NC card (or two or three) recently and she couldn't find them either...and she lives in Dayton!

I'll have to mention Toys 'r' Us...we appreciate it!

hmm... so Toys IS the place to go. Our local one must not feel it's worth it to stock them. They said that they had not seen them in quite a while. Well - I still think that it's too bad that we can't find them easily. Maybe the site's popularity just isn't what it once was.

The Wal-Mart in my area has the $10 NC cards, I got 2 a couple weeks ago for PetPet Park xD perhaps if I get a paypal or something I could help those that have a hard time getting them? Is that even allowed o.O?

I found them online!! I checked in all my local stores and no one has them BUT gametimezone dot com has them (don't know if non neo links are okay - sorry). So you can buy them there, get a code almost instantly and you get a wearable as well as boxes with the NC. :D

I would've suggested offgamers, but I just checked and they have other games I play, but not NeoPets. Bummer... I should be right to assume you can buy them online on site, but I don't deal with online purchases too much, only Blizzard games get that special treatment.

They aren't selling anymore because of Jumpstart. Nick Game Cards are only for Nickelodeon. Now we are at a different site O-o

Major revelation here.

Thank goodness for PayPal! (Unless you can't use PP. And then it just rots. :P )

But on the other hand, if they've been working on this deal for ages, that says a lot!

Yeah - I wonder how long they will take/accept the Nick cards for. Hopefully for a while since some people may have some stashed away. I love that you get the gift boxes with them and then there's the new wearables.

Sweet D - I agree with using PP however I must say that so far the only time I've ever had someone hack into an online account was through PP. I had these charges for games that I do not play after I made a donation to a charity. I filed a claim, changed my PW, of course, and have been fine since then (knocks on virtual wood!).

Oh, yikes!

I've never had a hacking/ID-theft-through-PP problem, but I could see how it would be just like stealing a virtual wallet.

I like it because it's easy to dispute things. I got frozen in December and I'd just paid for premium four days before--for four months! I'm glad PP was able to override TNT on their no refunds policy. (If I'd had a month's membership and I was already two weeks in, that would be one thing. {And I'd let it go.} But four days into a four-month? What a waste!)

Wow - that was a good thing!! I agree - half of the time is done then yeah, I can see maybe not getting money back but four days? Ridiculous.

Regarding hackers and PP - they have actual access to your bank account!! That was scary but luckily it looks like they just wanted to play some games.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine).

The original topic has been answered. Since Neopets is no longer owned by Nickelodeon, it would be pointless to buy Nick Cards for Neopets.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Rune Valentine if you have any questions regarding this action.