... and he doesn't change at all !!

Angeló

Seems like a streak of bad luck... I doubt there could be any glitch, the Lab is stubborn like that.

A couple of days ago the lab turned my Poogle faerie two days in a row. -_-

Yeah, I had my Zombie Cy turn into... a Zombie. Wow, Lab, you had ONE JOB

What? I have NEVER had that happen to me. I've had the lab ray for years and years now too. That's crazy to me. I would be so mad if I saw that NOTHING changed from a zap lol. It took forever to get the map, I think I deserve something to happen each time! ;) But yeah in all honesty I have never gotten that event from the lab ray.

The petpet one does that to me though.

I have a couple of questions regarding this topic, and no, I am not new to neopets. I have been a neopian for 6 years, but I am wondering if you guys think it is BAD luck to be zapped by the lab ray, then why pay so much for the lab maps? Second, We/you spend so much on paint brushes and morphing potions to get the exact species and color pets we/you want, why do you want the lab ray to experiment with them?

These are legitimate questions. Maybe I haven't thought of good reasons that you all have for letting this happen to your pets. Thanks in advance for your answers.

Tracy

It happened today as well :grrr: :axehead: :weird:

This is getting really frustrating.

@rntracy i do the lab for training (stats) on my main ..... and on my side just for fun and seeing my pet randomly change color/species ... since his name is randomsilliness

I think if your pet is lower than level 10, you have more of a chance of getting the no change. It seems like I read that somewhere, maybe I just imagined it, LOL.

Tracy, some colors are only available through the lab ray so you have to take your chances. Also it is a quick way of increasing your pets endurance and you just have to take the negative stuff along with it.

I'm sorry guys... might be the wrong place to ask this.... but, I have plenty of neopoints to get the entire map to get the lab ray.

Is it worth it?? I can't really decide and was hoping to get some pros and cons from experienced users.

I appreciate any help! Thanks :D

I'm sorry guys... might be the wrong place to ask this.... but, I have plenty of neopoints to get the entire map to get the lab ray.

Is it worth it?? I can't really decide and was hoping to get some pros and cons from experienced users.

I appreciate any help! Thanks :D

I like it just because you never know what you're going to get. I don't really have a dream pet right now, so it's fun for me to have a lab rat. I don't train for stats though, I just train my BD pet at the school.

I have a couple of questions regarding this topic, and no, I am not new to neopets. I have been a neopian for 6 years, but I am wondering if you guys think it is BAD luck to be zapped by the lab ray, then why pay so much for the lab maps? Second, We/you spend so much on paint brushes and morphing potions to get the exact species and color pets we/you want, why do you want the lab ray to experiment with them?

These are legitimate questions. Maybe I haven't thought of good reasons that you all have for letting this happen to your pets. Thanks in advance for your answers.

Tracy

I don't think that most people generally zap pets that they have painted or morphed. Mostly, people use pets they make, adopt, or traded for the name. Also, a lot of people zap pets with unfortunate names to make them more desirable to owners, so they do not have to sit unwanted in the pound. Some colors are only available through the lab.

I have the lab map on three accounts. I am someone that gets emotionally attached to my pets, but those feelings do not necessarily expand to their species or appearance. Once I have an idea of their personality, I might think certain species and colors make more sense than others, but I won't necessarily decide that they only make sense as one color and species.

My specific reasons for zapping:

• On my main account, I want the pet I am zapping to eventually be a Robot Ogrin. Robots are only available through the lab, so it is impossible for me to buy a paint brush. This is one of the exceptions for using morphing potions on a pet that is being zapped. Ogrin morphing potions cost less than 2,000 np. I have been zapping this pet off-and-on for two years, and I have spent maybe 10,000 np on morphing potion. There are a few more pets with similarly cheap morphing potions.
  • When I opened a new account, I created a pet with a name I liked. I made her an Aisha, but I did not have a color in mind. After only a few zaps, she turned into a Woodland Aisha, and I was really happy. I stopped zapping, and I found a new pet.
  • Three of my current lab rats, I adopted without a specific plan in mind. I liked the names, but I did not really know what I wanted them to be. I am hoping that one of them will be another permanent male pet, to even out my pets' genders a little. Two are Aishas, and there is always the chance for an Alien zap. Two of them I think I might keep permanently, but I might trade the other one if they get a good zap.
  • I also like trading pets. I do not like it enough to spend millions of neopoints. With my most recent trade, I exchanged a Elderlygirl Kau (approximately 2 million np) for a Maraquan Kacheek (approximately 4 million np). Other than the initial cost of the lab and adoption and trading fees, I did not pay anything for a pet I love.
  • My prior lab rat is now a Darigan Jetsam. He only has a decent name, but I needed a break from zapping depressingly named pets. Something about him stood out, and I decided I wanted him to go to a good home. Right now, he is waiting for my newest account to age, so I can change his gender before putting him in the pound.

My least favorite zaps are the ones that do nothing. (With the exception of the Maraquan Poogle and Darigan Jetsam. Those two creep me out.) I think it's because it feels like a let down. I start my dailies on my main account with zapping to get me excited for starting, and I end with zapping my side accounts to motivate me to finish. Even if I lose stats or get a goofy zap (In my case, it was an Electric Ixi to Electric Ixi), I at least feel like it was worth starting my dailies and logging into my sides.

@Paperdoll66,

Thanks for your explanation. I was not aware of the fact that you could CHOOSE which pet to zap. I was actually under the impression, like faerie quests, the ray could zap which ever pet it chooses. In reference to faerie quests, most pages I have read say that faeries chose to increase stats on whichever pets they want, however mine have always been on my active pet. In fact, I have changed my active pet to make sure the one I want to get increased does. It has worked every time. But I digress. Thank you all for your wonderful answers. Those are all GREAT reasons for zapping your pets. In fact, it makes me want to try it myself. Thanks.

I think if your pet is lower than level 10, you have more of a chance of getting the no change. It seems like I read that somewhere, maybe I just imagined it, LOL.

It's more or less like so, yes. When the Lab tries to do something that's not possible (i.e. trying to lower your Strength when it is already on the minimum 1; or changing your pet to a colour that's not available for their species yet), that's when the "and he doesn't change at all" happens.

I'm pretty sure I read this on JellyNeo, but I might be wrong.