Anti-Bullying Character

Naamah D.

Hi, all!

I created a character for my novel who I want be the "anti-bullying" character. The character's name is Jared. He is a 14 year old with long purple and red hair and a tongue piercing. He is also half-blooded incubus or cambion. All of his life he has been mistreated by his family and classmates at a private school due to his being a cambion and just being different from every other teenage boy.

In the book he fakes being egotistical and fakes having high self esteem in order to feel like he's on top of the world. I can't go into too much detail about what happens in my novel because I don't want to risk being "inappropriate" on the forums.

I'm not just writing about this because I want to write about feeling like you aren't worth anything just for show. Nor am I writing about a bullied character just for the heck of it. I've been through being alone and feeling like you're a horrible person and I've seen what the terror of being "different" has done to teenagers including myself.