Detecting Cookie Grabbers?

Taelin

Hello, I just signed up here today. There's something I've been curious about for awhile, and I don't feel like the official neoboards would be very helpful in assisting me about it. I hope someone tech-savvier than myself can answer my inquiries. ^^

So I've been back on neopets for about a month now, and I've been hearing a lot of horror stories of people being CG'ed or what have you. Going to user shops is a very large part of how I play neopets(faerie quests, training pets, etc), and I really do not wish to avoid them out of paranoia like some people suggest doing, especially considering CGing seems to be a problem that goes on indefinitely. Safety freak that I am, I have been taking other precautions, but I have been wondering if any of my methods are actually effective at all. Here's what I do-

-I have both noscript and requestpolicy, and check both of them when I go into a shop to see if they block anything strange.

-I hover over their name before clicking it, to make sure it really stays on neopets.

-I check the source code of the shop and search for "cook", to see if any are near non-neopets urls.

So I'm wondering, is this really all I can do? And do these even work? Would a cookie script actually show up in the page source like that? And is there even any sure-fire way of knowing if there's a cookie grabber or not?

I can say that in my month of being back on neopets I haven't actually -found- anything suspicious as of yet, but it doesn't hurt to be on the safe side... ._.

Just make sure you log out/login in often. It will give you a new cookie, making the one they *might* have not much use.

CGing hasn't really been a problem on Neopets for a few years now, so you really shouldn't worry much at all and can browse the site safely :)

Steps 2/3 are just a waste of time. Focus more on enjoying the game and achieving your neogoals :D

Phew.. I see. I did notice most of the boards that I've read about CGing on were dated back a couple years ago. Still, any time I read about people having their accounts compromised I start getting all wary. (I do this on every game I play x_x)

Since I have been back on neopets for about a whole month now and nothing's happened, perhaps I was just being too paranoid. @_@