Moltara Dark Cave Help

jxburns

Hi guys,

I recently completed the dark cave quest in Moltara with the worms (it took me weeks to finally collect all the worms; the rainbow one did not want to show up). I completed the steps into the cave and went back to the light shop, and I received the new lantern to use once a day to get into the cave. Unfortunately, about 5 minutes later, Dr. Sloth came along and turned the new lantern into a pile of sludge. :( I went back to the light store to see if I could restart the quest over, but nothing happened. I tried to buy a regular lantern, but it didn't seem to work in the cave. Is there any way to fix this, or restart the quest? Thanks!!

He should give you a new lantern if you don't have one in your inventory. You could try to remove everything from your inventory and then go back to the shop.

He gives you a wearable lantern after your first successful visit. You return the tired-worm lantern each day so the worms can rest, and then the next day, you pick up the empty lantern to start again (those buggers escape every single night). So if it hasn't been a new day yet, Dr. Sloth probably zapped your free wearable lantern, and not the one to collect worms in. Check your inventory. Is there a lantern in there? Any worms? Can you find any worms in the cave? If you can see worms in the inventory or the caves but don't have a lantern, returning to the light shop should give you a RE at the top to get the lantern again. If you can't see any worms anywhere, wait until the next Neopian day and try again (you may as well visit the light shop to see if you can get the lantern-returning RE).

You can also stick your empty lantern in your SDB, and then you won't be able to pick up worms. If you can't see worms, you don't have an active quest and need to get the empty lantern. If you can see worms but don't have a lantern, check your inventory, SDB, and the lamp shop. If you can't get a lantern in any of those places and see worms, send a bug report.