Game cookies keep getting wiped (Kass Basher, Moon Rock Rampage)

siniri

For the last week or so, every time I play Kass Basher, I have to unlock all the levels again, even though I've never had to before and am using the same computer. My Neopets log-in cookie is still being saved between browser openings, but I hate having to re-unlock the Kass Basher levels every time I play; it's a waste of time. And now I've discovered the same issue for Moon Rock Rampage. I might have updated my browser (Firefox) since the last time I played the games, but that's never affected it before. Is there some default setting that might have gotten changed? If so, how can I fix it?

Check what FF does with your other cookies. There might be other cookies involved for neopets' games. You could add an exception or just keep cookies until they expire. You can check all the settings if you select "Use custom settings for history" Cookie settings are there too.

Okay, I've checked my Firefox settings, and they're set to "remember by browsing history," "remember search and form history," "always accept third-party cookies," and "keep until they expire." I don't know how I could make those settings looser.

The only other thing I can think of is that there's an option to "tell sites I do not want to be tracked" above. That is selected right now. I know I didn't change my settings, but the default is supposedly to allow tracking. Could the range of this (or the way Neopets keeps track of one's KB and MRM game progress) have changed recently? I like being anonymous to the Googles (I've looked at what Google "knows" -- or guesses -- about me for ad purposes before, and it was a blank slate).

I have the same settings, including the "I don't want to be tracked" so that couldn't be it as I don't have the problem.

Maybe your IP changed? Sometimes IP's can change but it shouldn't change every day. Do you have multiple PC's at home that can give IP conflicts?

I'm not sure if that would even influence it. You would think the cookies are the trigger. And they are stored on the pc. Have you checked other (privacy) add-ons? Maybe one of those updated and is causing this?

Guest alastair swanwick

"remember by browsing history," "remember search and form history," "always accept third-party cookies," and "keep until they expire.

Yes that works

But use chrome instead of firefox, just temporarily anyway

"remember by browsing history," "remember search and form history," "always accept third-party cookies," and "keep until they expire.

Yes that works

But use chrome instead of firefox, just temporarily anyway

I would use Chrome, but ABP works better in Firefox than Chrome, and for some reason, certain site features weren't working in Chrome (I forget what exactly they were, now -- I think it was certain games, maybe Habitarium and/or Keyquest). Especially with Neopets having a virus-inducing ad on the loose, I'm not willing to risk my computer for the convenience of having KB cookies saved. I wish I knew why my settings were no longer working. Thanks for the suggestion, though.