New to the forums; rejoined Neopets after 10-year hiatus...

Hi all! I'm new to these parts, but definitely not new to Neopets. I've been lurking on the forum for a while, but I finally decided to introduce myself today. :)

I was on Neopets about 10 years ago, when I was around 12 years old or so, under the username lissy51091. My sister and I were very active at the time, especially on the roleplaying Neoboards, but eventually both of us lost interest after our main accounts got frozen and many of our Neofriends moved on from the site.

I hadn't touched the site since then... until about 3 months ago. A friend on another Internet forum and I were reminiscing about the olden days on Neopets and I decided to join again on a hunch. (I'm very active on a forum for Green Day, as I'm a shameless fangirl for that band).

Needless to say, I've been hooked again. I'm trying to get back into the social groove of the site again, but other than that I'm not having much trouble reconnecting, as the rest of the site seems to have not changed much at all. :P

Let's see... As for my life in the "real world," I'm a writer for a newspaper in Ohio and also currently planning a wedding. That takes up most of my spare time. I enjoy writing and playing video games when I get the chance and obviously lurking about the Internet.

I'm looking forward to getting to know more of you on the forums! ^_^

Woah! 10 years is definitely very long indeed. Welcome back to Neopets and welcome to TDN! I'm fairly new here as well despite being on neopets for 9 and 1/2 years (some years lost there and there haha)

Thank you! :) I honestly don't remember when exactly I stopped, but I know I wasn't on here in my teens, so 12 is a good guess, haha. I'm 22 now.

I can't believe how much the site looks exactly the same. Especially the Neoboards... those things need to be updated. I can barely read them now. :laughingsmiley:

Hi and welcome to the forums! In my opinion a lot has changed, some things I just LOVE, others not so much. But they can't make it so that everyone loves everything :p

Hi and welcome to the forums! In my opinion a lot has changed, some things I just LOVE, others not so much. But they can't make it so that everyone loves everything :P

True! What would you say are the biggest changes since I've been gone? Besides the customization, obviously. (Which I haven't gotten into yet, but it seems like a good idea to me.)

The recent change of the battledome, the NC, the neohomes not to forget the pose changes of the pets and all the new species, games and yearly events. :D

(Although the events might have been there but I just didn't know back then)

I actually also just rejoined after a long hiatus. Not quite 10 years, but about 8 1/2 years; I had quit shortly after Viacom bought out Neo. I don't even remember the details of my old account information.

I would have to disagree with you on the not much has changed. It looks and feels a lot different. I still haven't quite made up my mind on my opinions on it, though I could go on very long rants that I figure no one wants to hear on my opinions on this whole customization thing and the cluttered layout. But then again it does still have elements of old Neo in it too.

But it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who has rejoined after many years. And welcome.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone! :)

The recent change of the battledome, the NC, the neohomes not to forget the pose changes of the pets and all the new species, games and yearly events. :D

(Although the events might have been there but I just didn't know back then)

True, I forgot about the battle dome. Does anyone know when that'll be finished? (I still feel so new about a lot of the current events going on like that...)

I honestly expected a lot more new species. I was surprised to see there were just a few. I think I quit right around the time the Yurble was released, because I vaguely remember it. That was mid-2004, so about 10 years.

But yeah, wasn't expecting the pose changes, paid content (the whole buying out thing), battle dome overhaul or any of that... you're right.

God, I feel old...

I actually also just rejoined after a long hiatus. Not quite 10 years, but about 8 1/2 years; I had quit shortly after Viacom bought out Neo. I don't even remember the details of my old account information.

I would have to disagree with you on the not much has changed. It looks and feels a lot different. I still haven't quite made up my mind on my opinions on it, though I could go on very long rants that I figure no one wants to hear on my opinions on this whole customization thing and the cluttered layout. But then again it does still have elements of old Neo in it too.

But it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who has rejoined after many years. And welcome.

I think maybe the layout is mostly what I'm talking about. Although I can look up the old old layout and reminisce, a lot of the format of the site is basically the same, in terms of navigating it. A lot of it seems really outdated and cluttered. But that's part of why I like it so much. :P

I don't know if I have an opinion on customization yet because I haven't really gotten involved in it yet. But I don't know if I'm willing to spend real money on Neopets yet...

And thanks, welcome back to you as well! :)

The customization can involve the NC, but a lot of it can be bought with just neopoints as well, so you could still check it out if you want.

Either way, welcome back :) ten years is a long time lol